No announcement yet.

What the hell is UFC thinking?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell is UFC thinking?

For the MMA fans. I feel like the UFC is blowing it. The org had full steam ahead and was growing like crazy. Then Dana and greed seemed to get in the way. Its no secret that the UFC doesn't pay enough. They've always said as they grow so will the pay. Well, UFC is global and they're still being cheap AF.

The HW division has been hot and cold. Then the "predator" came along and made things exciting again. Then Jon Jones stepped away from light HW to pack on some mass and step up to HW. Well two years and JJ is ready!

So as a fan of both these men I was super excited to see this match up. Francis wanted more money for a long time. Being champ now would give him a chance to make some big bucks. Nope! Dana laid out the terms and Francis said can't do it.

Just know that the UFC is being cheap again. It's a dang shame we won't get to see this fight. I can promise you Francis will go on to make big bucks.

Why does it seem the UFC would rather lose a star than pay the man? They're going to make way more if they pay him. He's a big draw and so is JJs.

Oh well I guess. UFC is shooting themselves in the foot. We've had nothing but crappy cards for the last few months. ONE FC is coming. UFC better watch out.

He wanted health insurance.
    Sponsor money because fighters are private contractors.
    If you're a private contractor you should be able to fight out of the UFC right? You're not a employee of the UFC.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0vngym7C...SIkaIECMiOmarE

Dana White is as bad or worse than any boxing promoter. Greedy cut throat business man. He recently got jammed up after a domestic violence charge where he and his wife apparently assaulted one another in public. I have to wonder if a very expensive divorce may be on the horizon.
    man down man down likes this.

Comment

Lol

Can't believe the HW division was held up for two years and Dana let their lineal HW champ walk.

I'm assuming Dana is expecting Ngannou to come crawling back. I hope he sticks to his guns and makes more money elsewhere.

Jones himself was trying to get a good pay upgrade to resign with the UFC and fight Ngannou, and he was always brought up all the money Wilder was making in boxing as a HW champion compared the HW champ in UFC.

Comment

JJ been out for 3 years

Francis would KO him

Cold

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post
          JJ been out for 3 years

Francis would KO him

Cold
          Yup I agree, but it would be fun to watch! I don't see anyone beating Francis at HW. He's well rounded now.

Comment

Dana is a stubborn dick. Whatever he would have had to pay Francis...he'd have made back plus, but he just hates to give an inch when he negotiates on principle.
            man down man down likes this.

Comment

This is really hell. Dana White has focused on just making money. He ruined the boxer. Even I can also say that he can’t even let the boxing promotions which is the worse part. He can’t think like an athlete. He always thinks like a boxer which is the worse part ever. He recently got fame through the slap scene against her wife now this art and now this one. I think he likes to be in media news​

Comment

Ngannou was giving himself boxing paydays . In the UFC right now it won’t happen outside McGregor. If the infraction was he wasn’t allowed to box or fight anyone outside the UFC then I’d agree with Ngannou,if it’s just the money I’d disagree what he was offered was big amounts for any mma fighter and guaranteed certain amounts which won’t be a heavyweight boxers purse that’s just reality .

Ngannou could make more outside the UFC , and UFC has Cyril Gain who I belts the more talented fighter so they won’t exactly lose much in the future either . Ultimately the fans lose out if they wanted a Gaines vs Ngannou rematch which really is the only big fight around the corner for Ngannou as those are basically even matched .

Comment

Working...
                X