Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC pay-per-view price raising in 2023 for fourth time since ESPN broadcast deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post

I think in this case that he's telling the truth. UFC gave full control to ESPN on the PPVs for guaranteed money.
    I didn't know ESPN had full control of their PPVs. But Dana has a history of deflecting blame elsewhere, even though he's one of the people raking in the profits.

I also wasn't happy when they raised the subscription price from $6.99 to $9.99 ESPN+.

I still subscribe though, and not because of the free UFC fight nights, but the Top Rank fights and undercards have been real quality this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post

I didn't know ESPN had full control of their PPVs. But Dana has a history of deflecting blame elsewhere, even though he's one of the people raking in the profits.

I also wasn't happy when they raised the subscription price from $6.99 to $9.99 ESPN+.

I still subscribe though, and not because of the free UFC fight nights, but the Top Rank fights and undercards have been real quality this year.
      They made some deal where ESPN pay UFC guaranteed money for each PPV regardless of what they do, but in turn ESPN has exclusive control of the PPVs in terms of distribution and price

Comment

I think in this case that he's telling the truth. UFC gave full control to ESPN on the PPVs for guaranteed money.
        Just like (basically) Top Rank.

All you're seeing is the downside to HBO dropping out of the combat sports business.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

Just like (basically) Top Rank.

All you're seeing is the downside to HBO dropping out of the combat sports business.
          No, nothing like that deal at all. Top Rank just has a budget every year and try to pocket as much of it as possible. They have no PPV guarantees and can distribute their PPVs anywhere. TR has only done like 4 PPVs in all of these years with ESPN and two of them were co-promotions with FOX Sports

Comment

No, nothing like that deal at all. Top Rank just has a budget every year and try to pocket as much of it as possible. They have no PPV guarantees and can distribute their PPVs anywhere. TR has only done like 4 PPVs in all of these years with ESPN and two of them were co-promotions with FOX Sports
            Simplify it down.

Top Rank is bankrolled by ESPN.
            UFC is essentially bankrolled by ESPN.

That's too much centralization. We need MORE network options. HBO was one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

Simplify it down.

Top Rank is bankrolled by ESPN.
              UFC is essentially bankrolled by ESPN.

That's too much centralization. We need MORE network options. HBO was one of them.
              Based on the word going around, ESPN is not overly pleased with the Top Rank boxing content

Comment

Based on the word going around, ESPN is not overly pleased with the Top Rank boxing content
                Blame the fighters. Demands for money are at an all-time high.

Comment

Working...
                X