Collapse
No announcement yet.

is boxing effective in street fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest if I know someone's boxing is better than mine I'm just going to drag him to the ground. It doesn't take long to figure out who is better standing and it is even quicker to figure out who is better on the ground once the fight gets there.

I always put it this way when friends ask these kind of questions: It's very hard for most people, even highschool wrestlers to avoid being taken down in a street fight. It's so easy to drag someone down and it is so hard for them to get back up. Much harder than them throwing a lucky punch and breaking your nose or something.

Comment

Originally posted by MOREBASS View Post
      The most valuable thing about training in my opinion, in regards to a street fight, is your ability to control your nerves.

While most untrained people will tense up, and let their emotions control their actions...a trained person is more relaxed, and uses their head to control their actions.

As well as a trained individual's ability to do things almost instinctively. Once you do certain things enough, they almost become second nature.
      this is absolutely true..

Comment

I don't want to come across as cheeky, but these type of questions are silly. Of course knowing how to punch will help you in a fight. The punches, the timing, and the ability to know what distance to throw the punches at will be enough to beat a lot of people.

One on one, and in the right sort of conditions, a grappler will have the upper hand if he gets the chance. It's very dangerous to be on the ground in certain situations though.

Why do some people talk about fighting as though it's almost mythical? Fighting is fighting. Most of these so-called tough people I've encountered haven't even trained in boxing or martial arts. They just know how to handle themselves. Most of them are just big and strong and win fights because they're the bigger, stronger guy.

That's why boxers generally beat the crap out of people in a fight. The village toughguy usually wins by overpowering people, but this time he picked someone who can slip punches, use lateral movement, and throw fast, sharp punches. A lot of trained fighters are obviously deadly, but boxing is practical, so there will be more success with it in that situation compared to some other arts.

It all boils down to correct technique, regardless of style. If there's no technique there you'll have to be much bigger and stronger than the other guy to win. Technique and the ability to function under stress.

Comment

yes it is

Comment

Absolutely. So is MMA, kickboxing, MT etc. Folks who have trained couple of years against non-trained? A huge difference. In technique (punches), movement and everything. Some people do get the adrenaline rush though and just start swinging. If you can keep your head cold and just punch with a decent techique and speed, you'll do just fine.

Boxer knows his movement and punching. Doesn't flinch or freeze if someone gets a good shot in (something that happens often to the non trained / beginners).

Boxing is great for a street fight situation.

Comment

Hire a bodyguard! Dilemma solved. No need to thank me.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldschool5 View Post
                Hire a bodyguard! Dilemma solved. No need to thank me.
                Those are wayyyy too expensive. Only celebrities and VIPs need those.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
                  Those are wayyyy too expensive. Only celebrities and VIPs need those.

Na, get one of those down low bodyguards! You know like the dude hanging out on the corner. Het him some black shades and tell him to just mean mug constantly. It'll be fine!

Comment

Originally posted by Oldschool5 View Post
                    Na, get one of those down low bodyguards! You know like the dude hanging out on the corner. Het him some black shades and tell him to just mean mug constantly. It'll be fine!
                    Lol, I actually saw a posting on Craigslist. Said they wanted to hire someone as a bodyguard for a day on the south side of Chicago. Would never do that. Prolly wants someone to go down there and keep an eye on a big drug deal between 2 parties with 10 thugs, each party.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
                      Lol, I actually saw a posting on Craigslist. Said they wanted to hire someone as a bodyguard for a day on the south side of Chicago. Would never do that. Prolly wants someone to go down there and keep an eye on a big drug deal between 2 parties with 10 thugs, each party.
                      Lets me and you reply to it! We'll bust up in CHi-town like we own it. I'll bring my Super Blaster Nerf gun and we can wreck some peoples health!

Comment

Working...
                      X