No announcement yet.

Chuck Responds 2 Kimbo......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
    Your right, I was wrong about McCain and I can admit that but the fact remains that every other thing you have said about Kimbo is wrong.
    I appreciate you manning up.

He never packaged himself in a lie, claiming to be some ex-con or related to some fighter.
    His handlers did on the vids. He not only continued making more vids with them, he still associates professionally with them today. To me that says he condones their actions.

As far as the gloves are concerned, we said the same ****ing thing. The gloves and weight classes were brought in to legitimize the sport and it has.
    You're right on the weight classes, but gloves were brought in solely to protect the hands of the the guys punching. Too many guys were breaking hands in the early NHB days. If I'm not mistaken, Tank Abbott was the first fighter to wear them.

IMO boxing is much more dangerous than MMA and the only reason people are worried about MMA is because they don't know enough about it. They just keep seeing clips of UFC 1 and 2 and seeing the blood and the mismatches.
    You are right here, I admit that. But the anti-MMA guys are really gonna use Kimbo's backyard **** to not only discredit the sport, but to discredit the fighters as athletes. You agree right?

Kimbo is what he is, like him or not. I don't see anything wrong with him trying to make a living fighting. IF you are right, then Kimbo won't get far in the sport. Oh, and he is trying to fight better opposition but it takes time.
    Dude, Kimbo himself called out Tyson! A retired boxer with zero MMA training. He called out Gannon too. Gannon has been retired for over 2 years now. If he wants to fight better competition he needs to stop calling out retired guys!

Again, I have never seen someone this protected. And still no one has shown me wrong with an example of someone else as protected.

Comment

Dude, the guy is one year into his career......I mean come on, cut the guy a break. He can't jump in and fight top level guys because he has ZERO experience.

I don't think that there's anything anyone can do to ban MMA without banning boxing first. Boxing is much more dangerous and it's here to stay and so is MMA. It's all talk by the politicians to scare people and get the conservative vote, like I said before.

Dana White was on with Bill O'rielley and it was amazing to me how ignorant O'rielly was on the subject. He represents a large majority of Americans that don't know enough about the sport.

You just don't like some street fighter coming in and getting the coverage that Kimbo is getting, just admit that.

Comment

Dude, the guy is one year into his career......I mean come on, cut the guy a break. He can't jump in and fight top level guys because he has ZERO experience.
        But calling out RETIRED guys is ridiculous. Admit that.

You just don't like some street fighter coming in and getting the coverage that Kimbo is getting, just admit that.
        It's more than that. I don't like casual fans assuming he is the face of MMA just because of all the hype. Also, as a fan I want to see Main Events with 2 good fighters. I don't wanna see a guy who is 1-0 fighting an over 40 'never was' in a PPV Main Event.

Comment

Man stfu up already if you want to see "2 good fighters" then go watch the ufc and stop bitching about kimbo.

Comment

i got lost in the arguement.

Comment

Ok how about this gets settled like this. Kimbo isn't the greatest fighter we all know that. I think most people will admit that. He is a lot of hype and with hype can bring confidence and with confidence can bring winning more. He doesn't fight top class guys because no one can do that in only their 4th fight. He is atleast fighting guys of which we can properly pronounce their names meaning they aren't really unknown. I think we can all agree on that. Also what we can agree on is that he has the potential of bringing in more MMA fans. Why would you risk him fighting the top level fighters when you can build his record and after he his really hyped then you can make him fight the best out there. I think that can also be agreed on. Also, no matter what excuse MMA critics make about banning it, there is a slim chance it will ever be banned because of Kimbo. What isn't but should be agreed is that the people who talk about Kimbo should put his personality aside and focus more on his skills. Also since bad65 is waiting for one person to answer him his question maybe you should answer this. Which MMA fighter started off fighting the top level guys and didn't start off fighting guys no one knew? Answer that and maybe your question can also end up with a response to it

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar-Mosley123 View Post
                Ok how about this gets settled like this. Kimbo isn't the greatest fighter we all know that. I think most people will admit that. He is a lot of hype and with hype can bring confidence and with confidence can bring winning more. He doesn't fight top class guys because no one can do that in only their 4th fight. He is atleast fighting guys of which we can properly pronounce their names meaning they aren't really unknown. I think we can all agree on that. Also what we can agree on is that he has the potential of bringing in more MMA fans. Why would you risk him fighting the top level fighters when you can build his record and after he his really hyped then you can make him fight the best out there. I think that can also be agreed on. Also, no matter what excuse MMA critics make about banning it, there is a slim chance it will ever be banned because of Kimbo. What isn't but should be agreed is that the people who talk about Kimbo should put his personality aside and focus more on his skills. Also since bad65 is waiting for one person to answer him his question maybe you should answer this. Which MMA fighter started off fighting the top level guys and didn't start off fighting guys no one knew? Answer that and maybe your question can also end up with a response to it
                I agree but bitch65 acts like if kimbo can't have any fans or all his fans are **** and dont know ****. He's riding on kimbos nuts hard.

Comment

Originally posted by HotSizzle View Post
                  He's riding on kimbos nuts hard.
                  Don't use terms you don't know the meaning of. It makes you look foolish.

Comment

You do know there are not just F-level guys and top-level guys right? You guys do see that right?

I have NEVER said he needs to fight top-level guys yet. Another guy early in his career with a similar record would be nice. But fighting retired guys over 40 and guys who have a habit of getting KO'd in under 15 seconds is a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                      Don't use terms you don't know the meaning of. It makes you look foolish.
                      Your right I don't know the meaning of riding anybodys nuts, but you do and you do it well too.

Comment

Working...
                      X