Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did he have a fight at the time?

Comment

That's right. Ok.

The reason for the three day training routine is to keep from being injury prone. You're worrying about more then breaking hands. You got to worry about ligs and hammys as well. Submissions are a brutal skillset to spar at. One wrong move with an armbar...your out a couple cards.

Mind you, not all fighters train three days at a time, but it's not uncommon and it's pretty much understandable.

Comment

Yeah. The just run and exercise to maintain weight. Some just do drills.

Comment

Originally posted by sn1gger View Post
          i doubt its as bad as it sounds.
          there no way ufc make 40mil and keep 39.
          even if half that goes elsewhere thats still 20mil profit for dana.

come on guys,
          a few events and dana white would be incredibly rich
          man how do u think they had the money to buy out pride for 200 million!!!!
          they be ripping the fighters and now there is no other company to drive up prices for these mma guys its going to be fightng for the ufc company or don't fight at all
          Last edited by jamesbrown; 06-08-2007, 09:15 AM.

Comment

i think that the UFC dont pay a lot of money to their fighters because they very rarely have a long winning streak.

It is much more likely that a boxer can have 40 - 50 fights and remain unbeaten; this enables them to build up a brand, and get more money for PPVs and spectators.

In UFC, most guys have a loss or two on their record and there are much more upsets than in boxing. As a result there are fewer big matchups when you would get a fight when you dont know which way its going to go.

The UFC therefore rely more on the fight cards as a whole and its merchandising machine, than the fighters themselves. So thats why, in my opinion why the salaries seem low. The UFC has to keep restarting its business all the time with new fighters... they can`t just hang around and keep drawing in people because they get beaten.

But half a million doesn`t seem to bad for me.

Comment

Working...
            X