No announcement yet.

Who watched Bodog last night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Liaison View Post
    And the irony of having Chuck mentioned in this thread is he’s the king of cage/rope holding.
    Lol, well i was mentioning him in a bit of a different context, the talk about Fedors ground game got me thinking about it. And what better way to neutralize the ground game then to not go to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by baserocks View Post
      If you read my post, I said that Fedor wouldve probly won anyways, but that if Lindland had gotten the takedown he would've had an opportunity to rain down blows on that cut and perhaps go for a stoppage. And also, Lindland is an olympic silver medalist, not exactly the easiest guy to reverse once hes on top of you and you'd expect he has a solid base as well. And after watching it again, yes i still think holding the ropes helped him get the leg reversal. Not only did it keep him up longer i think it helped him to steady himself while he worked the leg in. He let go a couple times but i thought that was only so he could use his arm in other ways, he was prepared to go right back to the rope when he needed to, and he reached out and clenched the rope right before the reversal after having let it go.

The leg reversal was still for real and chances are Fedor wouldve still won the fight, but this was a bit tainted imo, and Lindland wouldve faired better had he got the takedown. I cant say for sure that he wouldve gotten it anyways, but it looked to me like holding the ropes helped him get the reversal.
      I wasn't refering to your post...was just putting my input.

I think there should be a rematch because people going to now always bring this up no matter what he does in the future, people have short term memory, and no way Lindland could have matched Fedor on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by enadeus View Post
        I wasn't refering to your post...was just putting my input.

I think there should be a rematch because people going to now always bring this up no matter what he does in the future, people have short term memory, and no way Lindland could have matched Fedor on the ground.
        Oh, my bad. Fedor is still the man and he showed some premier stuff on the ground. I went a little far saying this taints the win, Fedor is the man and i'm sure he was the superior fighter of the two. As i said i'm a big team quest fan so maybe i overreacted, this wouldve been huge for quest, and they've been owning MMA lately. Still, Fedor is the ****ing man, no question.

Comment

Originally posted by Liaison View Post
          That video won’t work for me, ****s. Anyway, I’m only going by the 1 time I’ve seen that thing.

Fedor’s not holding the ropes when Matt lowers him during the hold which allowed him to shift weight, hook the leg and get the TD. Fedor’s arm is extended over the ropes for balance nothing more.

And the irony of having Chuck mentioned in this thread is he’s the king of cage/rope holding.
          and eye gouging.

Comment

Originally posted by edwardscizzands
            Fedor Emelianenko Vs. Matt Lindland

Aleksander Emelianenko Vs. Eric Pele

thanks for the links. karma when I can...

Comment

Working...
            X