No announcement yet.

Who watched Bodog last night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who watched Bodog last night?

Lindland cut Fedor with the first punch. Lindland picked up Fedor and handled him. Fedor held onto the ropes and they both fell with Lindland being on the bottom. Eventually Lindlan got submitted.

Lindland looked smaller and I was impressed. After the fight Lindland wanted a rematch. Judging from this I think Randy has a chance against Fedor.

Originally posted by robot_monkey View Post
    Lindland cut Fedor with the first punch. Lindland picked up Fedor and handled him. Fedor held onto the ropes and they both fell with Lindland being on the bottom. Eventually Lindlan got submitted.

Lindland looked smaller and I was impressed. After the fight Lindland wanted a rematch. Judging from this I think Randy has a chance against Fedor.
    And judging from Fedor's oter fights, I don't think Randy has a chance.

Comment

Fedor held onto the ropes and they both fell with Lindland being on the bottom.
      Alot of people kicking up a stink about this and claim this led to the reveral, it's bull****, fedor's foot causes it, not the "rope hold".

Good fight though, dominating performance on the ground from fedor.

Comment

Sure Randy would have a chance..a very small one. Fedor is the best and I don't think theres anyone out there that can beat him.

Comment

The leg is what actually reversed him, but grabbing the ropes bought him the time to do it and allowed him to get his leg in position. If he hadnt been holding the ropes I think Lindland wouldve had the take down. Fedor is an excellent submission fighter though. Still a little controversial in my mind, not saying fedor wouldnt have probly when anyways, but with the cut Lindland wouldve had a chance to target it and possibly try and stop the fight had he achieved top possition. I'm also a huge team quest fan by the way.

Comment

Even if Lindland had the takedown do you think he would have been able to actually do anything or would it have been a matter of time before Fedor got on top and dominated Lindland like he did. Also it looked to me like he wasn't holding the ropes at first when the ref was yelling at him his arm was just right there, where was he suppose to move it if his arm was in that position, he was trying hard to get it out. I don't see this fight being a different result if there was no "rope holding".

Comment

Originally posted by enadeus View Post
              Even if Lindland had the takedown do you think he would have been able to actually do anything or would it have been a matter of time before Fedor got on top and dominated Lindland like he did. Also it looked to me like he wasn't holding the ropes at first when the ref was yelling at him his arm was just right there, where was he suppose to move it if his arm was in that position, he was trying hard to get it out. I don't see this fight being a different result if there was no "rope holding".
              If you read my post, I said that Fedor wouldve probly won anyways, but that if Lindland had gotten the takedown he would've had an opportunity to rain down blows on that cut and perhaps go for a stoppage. And also, Lindland is an olympic silver medalist, not exactly the easiest guy to reverse once hes on top of you and you'd expect he has a solid base as well. And after watching it again, yes i still think holding the ropes helped him get the leg reversal. Not only did it keep him up longer i think it helped him to steady himself while he worked the leg in. He let go a couple times but i thought that was only so he could use his arm in other ways, he was prepared to go right back to the rope when he needed to, and he reached out and clenched the rope right before the reversal after having let it go.

The leg reversal was still for real and chances are Fedor wouldve still won the fight, but this was a bit tainted imo, and Lindland wouldve faired better had he got the takedown. I cant say for sure that he wouldve gotten it anyways, but it looked to me like holding the ropes helped him get the reversal.

Comment

Originally posted by baserocks View Post
                If you read my post, I said that Fedor wouldve probly won anyways, but that if Lindland had gotten the takedown he would've had an opportunity to rain down blows on that cut and perhaps go for a stoppage. And also, Lindland is an olympic silver medalist, not exactly the easiest guy to reverse once hes on top of you and you'd expect he has a solid base as well. And after watching it again, yes i still think holding the ropes helped him get the leg reversal. Not only did it keep him up longer i think it helped him to steady himself while he worked the leg in. He let go a couple times but i thought that was only so he could use his arm in other ways, he was prepared to go right back to the rope when he needed to, and he reached out and clenched the rope right before the reversal after having let it go.

The leg reversal was still for real and chances are Fedor wouldve still won the fight, but this was a bit tainted imo, and Lindland wouldve faired better had he got the takedown. I cant say for sure that he wouldve gotten it anyways, but it looked to me like holding the ropes helped him get the reversal.
                I think holding the ropes may have helped. Lindland is obviously the better wrestler of the two. However, I think Fedor is just too good on the ground for Lindland. I also agree that he may have been able to open the cut and get the fight stopped. I guess that is the only way to beat Fedor. By doctor stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by Harms View Post
                  I think holding the ropes may have helped. Lindland is obviously the better wrestler of the two. However, I think Fedor is just too good on the ground for Lindland. I also agree that he may have been able to open the cut and get the fight stopped. I guess that is the only way to beat Fedor. By doctor stoppage.
                  yeah i agree, fedor really is something else at the ground game. I'm actually beginning to wonder how Chuck Liddell would fair against Fedor since hes got some of the best takedown defense out there among strikers. I mean, dont get me wrong, hed still be a huge underdog, but when i first heard wispers of this fight i thought Liddell would simply get anihilated. Fedor is in a class of his own though, the dudes simply phenomenal.

Comment

That video won’t work for me, ****s. Anyway, I’m only going by the 1 time I’ve seen that thing.

Fedor’s not holding the ropes when Matt lowers him during the hold which allowed him to shift weight, hook the leg and get the TD. Fedor’s arm is extended over the ropes for balance nothing more.

And the irony of having Chuck mentioned in this thread is he’s the king of cage/rope holding.

Comment

Working...
                    X