This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still no Laddie?

I'd trade me signed Alan Titchmarsh photo just to have him back.

Comment

• laddie o laddie.

wherefore art thou, laddie?

Comment

• Tua going off to Sydney without me. Laddie feckin' off to Alan knows where.

It's really something to ponder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          sorry mate.

been here but i always see demise was the last post on the thread.

so never bothered to go in the thread.

nothing says "nothing of interest here" like a demise post.

and to answer your question... yes. the chicago bears is the greatest team in nfl history.
          What makes a tackle legal/illegal? In a lot of sports it's to do with whether or not you win the ball, but in NFL you have people flying into each other even when neither of them have the ball.

How come sometimes when you put the ball down in your own end, it counts as 'safety' and the other team gets 2 points, but other times they don't get any points?

How come sometimes I'm attacking for a while and get awarded a field kick or whatever it's called? How do you earn one of those without scoring a touchdown first?

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
            Tua going off to Sydney without me. Laddie feckin' off to Alan knows where.

It's really something to ponder.
            and clegg is moving to santa barbara or wherever in coastal california his relatives are.

but you'll still have demise and rich loc. enjoy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clegg View Post
              What makes a tackle legal/illegal? In a lot of sports it's to do with whether or not you win the ball, but in NFL you have people flying into each other even when neither of them have the ball.
              it's illegal to tackle anyone without the ball. if they have the ball you can tackle them. blocking someone or pushing someone out of the way to get by them is not considered tackling. tackling is when you pull them down to the ground.

there are however illegal tackles like spearing someones head with your helmet or rolling over the quarterback's knees after they already got rid of the ball or tackling a receiver before the ball gets to him.

Comment

How come sometimes when you put the ball down in your own end, it counts as 'safety' and the other team gets 2 points, but other times they don't get any points?
                touchback is when you receive the ball in your own endzone and don't run it out. (whether by interception or by the opponent kicking off to you or punting to you)

safety is when you start out of the endzone but end up getting tackled in the endzone.

you gotta remember that where the ball is spotted is what is important.

say the ball is on the 1 yard line. the qb or rb might get the ball in the endzone but the play started on the 1 yard line.

they have to make sure to get the ball out of the endzone or else it's 2 point safety for the defense.

Comment

How come sometimes I'm attacking for a while and get awarded a field kick or whatever it's called? How do you earn one of those without scoring a touchdown first?
                  when you get the ball you get 4 chances to advance it 10 yards.

hence 1ST and 10. 1st down, 10 yards to go.

2nd down and 7 for example means your 2nd chance and 7 yards needed to get a new set of downs.

the 1st 3 downs are used to get the 10 yards needed.

4th down is used to kick a field goal or punt.

if you're in range of a field goal, you kick a fg to get 3 points.

if not in range you punt kick it to the other team to move them back further away from your end zone.

you also don't have to kick or punt on 4th down, you can go for it BUT if you fail the opponent starts there instead of being moved back by a punt.

a fg kick after a touchdown is called an extra point and only worth 1 instead of 3.

Comment

• Go and never come back, Tua.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                      Go and never come back, Tua.
                      my thread. you gtfo.

i made this thread years before you even signed up.

Comment

Working...
                      X