This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• I never really got the popularity of the 'boat isn't an investment' thread.

Horus says 1000 stupid things per day, picking one of them and repeating it over and over just didn't seem funny to me.

Then again I found the Tye Fields jokes and 'Could Tyson be fleet-footed' stuff funny at first so who am I to talk.

Comment

• yamashita pwning percival

Comment

• Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          I never really got the popularity of the 'boat isn't an investment' thread.

Horus says 1000 stupid things per day, picking one of them and repeating it over and over just didn't seem funny to me.

Then again I found the Tye Fields jokes and 'Could Tyson be fleet-footed' stuff funny at first so who am I to talk.
          it's kinda funny at first.

but after a day or two it's run its course. let it go.

after 2 days , people have pretty much added to the "joke" as much as it could.

anything after that is played out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            yamashita pwning percival

Haig would have never surrendered.

Yer can be feckin' certain of that.

Comment

• if you were a ww2 fighter pilot , what would you fly?

spitfire? hurricane? messerschmitt 109? focke-wulf 190? p-51 mustang?

Comment

if you were a ww2 fighter pilot , what would you fly?

spitfire? hurricane? messerschmitt 109? focke-wulf 190? p-51 mustang?
                Hurricanes took down more German planes in relation to the Spitfires but they also suffered much higher casualties.
                I'd still fly the Spitfire as they were reliable machines and were easy to bail out of if things were fecking up. Spitfire pilots didn't suffer as many casualties compared with many of the others so I'll go with the best odds.

Comment

• the jug.

http://0.tqn.com/d/militaryhistory/1...hunderbolt.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
                    Hurricanes took down more German planes in relation to the Spitfires but they also suffered much higher casualties.
                    I'd still fly the Spitfire as they were reliable machines and were easy to bail out of if things were fecking up. Spitfire pilots didn't suffer as many casualties compared with many of the others so I'll go with the best odds.
                    spitfire was the best (speed/maneuverability) british fighter right?

hurricanes only downed more german planes than the spitfire because there were more hurricanes.

Comment

spitfire was the best (speed/maneuverability) british fighter right?

hurricanes only downed more german planes than the spitfire because there were more hurricanes.
                      That's right.

Spitfire had enough ammo for about 15 seconds of continuous fire... so they made the most of every shell. When they ran out, they'd sometimes try to fly alongside the german planes and flip their wings to make them crash.

Comment

Working...
                      X