This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-watching Ortiz-Berto.

I don't think he has much chance against Floyd anyway, but if he is going to win he really needs to go for it early.

Ortiz usually starts off well but then fades late. Maidana, Peterson and even this fight, he was much better in the first half than the second. He has no chance of outboxing Floyd for more than a couple of rounds, if it reaches the second half of the fight Floyd will have him figured out, have a bigger gas tank and will have gotten rid of any ring rust.

Go for broke early, if it doesn't work then you probably won't get KTFO and can use your size/jab/skills as a plan B or something.

Comment

• http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/...32_468x286.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Demise View Post
        seems like no one has my back nowadays
        We're not really into that here, mate. Seems like you've gotten lost on your way to the JMM/Floyd/Ellerbe/Malignaggi Lang.

Comment

• Same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try to take over the World!

Comment

• Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            Re-watching Ortiz-Berto.

I don't think he has much chance against Floyd anyway, but if he is going to win he really needs to go for it early.

Ortiz usually starts off well but then fades late. Maidana, Peterson and even this fight, he was much better in the first half than the second. He has no chance of outboxing Floyd for more than a couple of rounds, if it reaches the second half of the fight Floyd will have him figured out, have a bigger gas tank and will have gotten rid of any ring rust.

Go for broke early, if it doesn't work then you probably won't get KTFO and can use your size/jab/skills as a plan B or something.
            Almost nobody ever "goes for broke" in big fights these days, which annoys me. They just end up bottling it, like David Haye.
            Last edited by BOLLOCKS; 08-17-2011, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RICHLOC View Post
              Almost nobody ever "goes for broke" in a big fight these days, which annoys me. They just end up bottling it, like David Haye.
              Never happend when Nige was around, eh Loccy?

Win or lose, you got a good feckin' fight. A bloody war. Maybe the likes of Calzaghe and Ottke can claim to be stat ATG, but I don't give a shit about any of that hypothetical ranking nonesense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
                Never happend when Nige was around, eh Loccy?

Win or lose, you got a good feckin' fight. A bloody war. Maybe the likes of Calzaghe and Ottke can claim to be stat ATG, but I don't give a shit about any of that hypothetical ranking nonesense.
                Seriously, I mean what's teh worse that could happen? You still lose, but you entertain some fucking fans, and they'll be more than happy to pay to see you fight again. That's why teh likes of Gatti was so loved.

Comment

Seriously, I mean what's teh worse that could happen? You still lose, but you entertain some fucking fans, and they'll be more than happy to pay to see you fight again. That's why teh likes of Gatti was so loved.
                  Loved by teh fans. Not so much by his beezy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
                    Loved by teh fans. Not so much by his beezy.
                    Lulz, That's why he sparked her out.

Comment

Lulz, That's why he sparked her out.
                      That's something we can all relate to.

Teh people's champ, innit.

Comment

Working...
                      X