X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    i think hopkins challenged him once.

i think at hatton-pacquiao weigh in.

he was just joking though.......i think.
    I think I remember that. They asked Hopkins if he would fight Pac in the Phillipines and he said no because boxers get robbed in Europe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      I think I remember that. They asked Hopkins if he would fight Pac in the Phillipines and he said no because boxers get robbed in Europe.
      in his defense...... philippines is near australia which is europe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
        I'd like to see it. When is it on?
        after khan beats mayweather and pacquiao beats ortiz.

Comment

• i think pacquiao-bradley and pacquiao-mayweather will be dull affairs tbh.

i hope ortiz can upset mayweather.

you know arum would be foaming at the mouth to get pacquiao to ruin one of oscar's boys.

Comment

• All sport is a business now. I mean it always was to the boys in suits, but now it seems even the fighters are just business men whom occasionally decide to lace 'em up. And I stress the word 'occasionally.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
              All sport is a business now. I mean it always was to the boys in suits, but now it seems even the fighters are just business men whom occasionally decide to lace 'em up. And I stress the word 'occasionally.'
              not amir khan.

he's in it for glory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                not amir khan.

he's in it for glory.
                Is there much glory left in this sport?

Comment

• I hope it's the pre-Maidana Ortiz who shows up. He's big, strong, hits hard and takes a decent shot (not a great chin but good enough for a firefight with Floyd).

Ii just hope he doesn't try any of that 'outboxing' nonsense.

I don't think anyone is going to wear down and TKO Floyd. He doesn't get hit enough for that. If he gets beat it'll be how Shane almost beat him, a huge shot early on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                    I hope it's the pre-Maidana Ortiz who shows up. He's big, strong, hits hard and takes a decent shot (not a great chin but good enough for a firefight with Floyd).

Ii just hope he doesn't try any of that 'outboxing' nonsense.

I don't think anyone is going to wear down and TKO Floyd. He doesn't get hit enough for that. If he gets beat it'll be how Shane almost beat him, a huge shot early on.
                    ortiz needs to just admit that he won't be able to land on floyd much and that he will get hit.

sometimes you need to know your limitations.

ortiz needs to just go for broke , swing away and eat floyd's punches. you never know when you can get a lucky score.

btw floyd can get worn down.

you need a big tough mexican that can force him on the ropes. someone that can take his punches and just keep on coming.

gee......i wonder why floyd never fought margarito......

Comment

• same thing in grappling.

yes it's all about proper technique and timing. yes it's about anticipating his next move or guiding him to the anticipated move.

but sometimes......when a guy is just better than you......

sometimes you have to "accidently" knee him in the groin to break his guard , sometimes you just have to put your weight on him to tire him out , sometimes you just have to result to crude tactics like shoving your elbow on his throat or your arm over his mouth to interrupt his breathing.......

Comment

Working...
                      X