This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Clegg View Post
    Yup, pretty sure me and you were fans of his back when he was an amateur wrestler?

Some other guys I think are good: Cain, GSP, Anderson Silva. Keep an eye out for them.

Yeah, he seems to have a great attitude, just a young guy having fun fighting. Exciting style too, none of that low-risk go for a boring decision stuff.

Some people are saying that Shogun looked done very early in the fight and that he wasn't 100%. Maybe that's true but still, it's hard to look good considering who he had to fight. Not sure who can beat Jones, I think Shogun is still the second best guy in the division to be honest.

He'll probably destroy Evans. Rashad might be able to take Jones down, but he never seems to finish people. So that means he'd have to go 5 rounds with Jones without getting chin checked. Seems pretty unlikely.

Prime Wanderlei/Liddell/Belfort/Rampage all had good enough striking that they'd have great fights with Jones. But the current crop of 205ers aren't really as good, especially in terms of striking. I think he'll dominate for quite a while.
    do you think he can continue to make 205 as big as he is? i have no clue how close he's been coming to weight, but at 23, if he's close to the weight as is, he might find trouble soon.....

i hope not though...

what did you think of the Faber fight?

Comment

• The Faber fight was good. I like what I saw of him, but I don't watch much of the lower weights so can't say how he compares to some of them.

I think he should be OK with the weight. I mean, it's hard to tell, but if Paul Williams can make 154 still, then it's possible Jones will be at 205 for years.

Shame about CroCop. I hope he retires now, or maybe beats a nobody to go out on a win then retires. He is losing to guys who are not even that good now.

Comment

The Faber fight was good. I like what I saw of him, but I don't watch much of the lower weights so can't say how he compares to some of them.

I think he should be OK with the weight. I mean, it's hard to tell, but if Paul Williams can make 154 still, then it's possible Jones will be at 205 for years.

Shame about CroCop. I hope he retires now, or maybe beats a nobody to go out on a win then retires. He is losing to guys who are not even that good now.

yeah crocop has fallen far, unfortunately

i like faber, partly because he's wild, partly because he's human and does lose....

i wish him well in the UFC

Comment

• The pranks would usually end with the catchphrase You got merk'd!.

Comment

Yup, pretty sure me and you were fans of his back when he was an amateur wrestler?
            we were fans of his when he was still wrestling in high school.

or a fight or two ago.

one of those.

Comment

• Fickle ficklers.

Comment

• Time to put on the classics

Comment

• Comment

• Chunky?

Comment

• Comment

Working...