• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by manutd6899 View Post
    Realistic signings:

Darren Fletcher 12 million
    John O'Shea 8 million
    Michael Duberry 3 million
    Some big lumbering African oaf that no one has ever seen or indeed knew existed 10 million
    Peter Crouch 15 million

Lol only joking with you.
    David Beckham would give Newcastle loads of publicity. Another good signing would be Alex from Chelsea.

Comment

• Couldn't just sit back and watch this thread slip off the front page.

http://i26.tinypic.com/2iuxmk7.gif

Comment

• Becks wage demands would be to high although the club would make it back through shirt sales etc.

Peter Tayor to be a Newcastle Coach, seems Denis Wise has brought him in, not sure yet but I think it might be coaching the kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by col Blake View Post
          Becks wage demands would be to high although the club would make it back through shirt sales etc.

Peter Tayor to be a Newcastle Coach, seems Denis Wise has brought him in, not sure yet but I think it might be coaching the kids.
          I remember when LA Galaxy shirts went on sale here when he joined them. Saw loads of people wearing the as well. Maybe I will finally be able to pick up some Newcastle stuff from the sports shops.

Comment

• Only Huntelaar can fill Owen void at Newcastle

Only Huntelaar can fill Owen void at Newcastle
            07:38 May, 15, 2008

Kevin Keegan is to urge Newcastle United Football Club’s board to get Klaas-Jan Huntelaar if they lose Michael Owen.

The future of England international Owen has been of some debate this year, with the former Liverpool and Real Madrid striker having just twelve months remaining on his contract at St James Park.

Manchester United have been linked with making a £10million bid for the player this summer, and unless the Magpies can tie him to a new deal, there is a real fear that they could lose their hitman.

Reports now suggest Keegan has told his board if they can’t tie up Owen by the end of June, he wants them to make an offer in the region of £15million for Ajax star Huntelaar.

Newcastle fans, if you do lose Owen, surely you’d be happy with Huntelaar as a replacement?

Comment

• Charles Nzogbia has stated he wants to sty at Newcastle, well someone should tell his agent that, It was claimed he was home sick and wanted to move to London, he is French FFS.
              And Extra 20 mins on a plane from Newcastle and he is home, I hate excusses.
              Great player but he has to want to stay.

Comment

• Toronto FC linked with Ameobi

Toronto FC linked with Ameobi

A report in England says that Toronto FC is one of the teams interested in trying to acquire striker Shola Ameobi, who was on loan to Stoke City from Newcastle United.

The Evening Chronicle of Newcastle said that Toronto would join Norwich City and Middlesbrough as teams pursuing Ameobi, who had indicated that he did not want to stay with Stoke City. According to other reports, Ameobi made no impact on Stoke City and the club wasn't eager to keep him anyway.

Ameobi and TFC head coach John Carver know each other from Newcastle. Carver brought the striker through the system there.

“I need some firepower up front and I am looking for new players, especially a striker,” Carver is quoted in the Evening Chronicle. “I've got my side organized now and have made Toronto difficult to beat, but I need to sign players in that area.

“Shola is a kid I brought through the system at Newcastle United, and a kid I know an awful lot about.

“If I can get Shola into this football club he would be a huge, huge asset for us.”

The 26-year-old has scored 28 goals for Newcastle in 168 appearances but did not score for Stoke in six games.

Toronto FC also is interested in acquiring winger Darren Huckerby, who will not return to Norwich City next season.

On Tuesday, Carver said that TFC has “two or three things going on” in the player market.

Toronto plays Wednesday night at BMO Field against D.C. United.

Comment

• Chris Mort steps down as Newcastle United chairman. More news to come.

Comment

• Newcastle are ****.

Carry on.

Comment

• Originally posted by RiZOOM View Post
                      Only Huntelaar can fill Owen void at Newcastle
                      07:38 May, 15, 2008

Kevin Keegan is to urge Newcastle United Football Club’s board to get Klaas-Jan Huntelaar if they lose Michael Owen.

The future of England international Owen has been of some debate this year, with the former Liverpool and Real Madrid striker having just twelve months remaining on his contract at St James Park.

Manchester United have been linked with making a £10million bid for the player this summer, and unless the Magpies can tie him to a new deal, there is a real fear that they could lose their hitman.

Reports now suggest Keegan has told his board if they can’t tie up Owen by the end of June, he wants them to make an offer in the region of £15million for Ajax star Huntelaar.

Newcastle fans, if you do lose Owen, surely you’d be happy with Huntelaar as a replacement?
                      why would Huntelaar want to go to Newcastle when he could play for most of top clubs around Europe & be playing CL football

i dont know why u think Newcastle are a major attraction for Players TBH ,they offer big wages yes but they also offer no CL football and scratching around for a top table finish

Comment

Working...
                      X