sick of doctors....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by * Feisty Wench
    wtf are you talking about???
    i don't believe there is some conspiracy. i just hate being in the dark. clearly they suspect someting and despite how many times i have asked for them to tell me, they have not be forth coming.

i do plan on getting some answers Monday though.
    i will show them feisty times 10. lol!

plus, people (vers, BB, and El T) i would appreciate some support rather than ridicule. i'm going through a tough enough time right now. thanks.

what. u said u dont trust them,i jus found that funny.

Comment

Sorry...I just don't trust them. If it's just a doctor you see once or twice a year but you have relevant history you have to remind the doctor becuase god forbid doctors actually look through your chart to be up to speed before seeing you. I have to see all the doctors at my OB/GYN office. Each time, I won't see the same doctor for consecutive visits so I have to bring the current doctor up to speed. It a pain in the arse!

Any way...so I've had a few complications during this pregnancy. I've just had my 9th ultrasound (something like that) and have yet another one scheduled for next week. They say they are concerned and just want to keep an eye on this or that but will never just say what the hell their concern is! grrrr! Like, they'll say your "blah blah blah was high or abnormal" in some technical/medical terms and I am like well, wtf does that mean exactly? what is the possible implication for me or the baby. then it's like they just want to keep me calm by saying...well, don't worry about anything, we're just going to keep an eye on this or that. This does not help at all. Now I am more worried than ever. I can take it, just explain it to me and I'll deal with it. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
      Just to clarify there is definitely something wrong, they have said so they gave me some technical term for the couple of things that the ultrasound showed. When i asked for them to tell me what these things mean and what could happen as a result of these things, they beat around the bush and didn't tell me.
      Instead, they just ordered MORE tests and said we'll monitor it.

if u need a second or third opinion, tasty, i'd be happy to give u a full physical exam. i'm not a doctor, but i've always wanted to play doctor with u. there's nothing as sexy as a pregnant woman's body

Comment

I hate going to the DR's as well. I have to be damn near dead or in pain so bad that I would rather hack off a limb than deal with it. But they, for some reason, don't beat around the bush with me. I give them that attitude that I will eat their heart if they don't tell me exactly what's wrong in lamens terms. I also want to know how we're gonna' fix it. And they better not say "I don't know". If I'm gonna' die then tell me. I am a big boy, I can handle it.

Really, you just gotta' go in there with that "Don't bull **** me" attitude. Tell them straight up that your not here to be lied to or played with.

Comment

Originally posted by 7001
          I hate going to the DR's as well. I have to be damn near dead or in pain so bad that I would rather hack off a limb than deal with it. But they, for some reason, don't beat around the bush with me. I give them that attitude that I will eat their heart if they don't tell me exactly what's wrong in lamens terms. I also want to know how we're gonna' fix it. And they better not say "I don't know". If I'm gonna' die then tell me. I am a big boy, I can handle it.

Really, you just gotta' go in there with that "Don't bull **** me" attitude. Tell them straight up that your not here to be lied to or played with.
          i know that i have three conditions/complications that they are concerned about but are monitoring. so i am okay with that but they mentioned 2 new things on Wednesday. They gave me some medical term and that is about it. I was not seeing my regular doctor so we we're familiar with each other. i kept asking her what these things were in laymans terms or what were the implications of these things (would possible outcomes, etc.) and she kept dodging me saying, well, let's just keep an eye on it. come back Monday. I asked like 10 times and I was so pissed that tears came to my eyes, which means I was pissed as hell. so i went to the woman who was scheduling and she went to schedule me with that same doctor for Monday and I took it all out on her. Poor thing. I was like sorry, no, that will not happen. I WILL see my regular doctor on Monday so I can get some real F'ing answers. I am not leaving here until you work that out. I don't ever want to see that ***** again (the doctor I had just seen). poor woman just looked at me like, "um..okay...hey, i just work here". So i am just trying to be calm until Monday and then question the hell outta my doctor. no way i am leaving without answers.

Comment

i know that i have three conditions/complications that they are concerned about but are monitoring. so i am okay with that but they mentioned 2 new things on Wednesday. They gave me some medical term and that is about it. I was not seeing my regular doctor so we we're familiar with each other. i kept asking her what these things were in laymans terms or what were the implications of these things (would possible outcomes, etc.) and she kept dodging me saying, well, let's just keep an eye on it. come back Monday. I asked like 10 times and I was so pissed that tears came to my eyes, which means I was pissed as hell. so i went to the woman who was scheduling and she went to schedule me with that same doctor for Monday and I took it all out on her. Poor thing. I was like sorry, no, that will not happen. I WILL see my regular doctor on Monday so I can get some real F'ing answers. I am not leaving here until you work that out. I don't ever want to see that ***** again (the doctor I had just seen). poor woman just looked at me like, "um..okay...hey, i just work here". So i am just trying to be calm until Monday and then question the hell outta my doctor. no way i am leaving without answers.
            Yeah, that would have pissed me off too. You should have blown up on that Doctor. You should have said that you were'nt leaving that office until she explained everything to you in english and what you needed to do at home to make the situation better or help it the best way you can. I think they make like to make you feel dumb.

Comment

Thankfully I ain't been horribly sick since 06. I only **** wit goin to the doc if I'm in serious ****. I was big into sports as a kid but luckily never got injured.

Comment

Working...
              X