Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol poor shopkeeper did he count them out? Yeh Iced tea is nice

Comment

• Originally posted by * Fiesty Wench
      sweet iced tea nd lemonade where regulars, but we'd ride our bikes to the local 7'11 and turn in our soda bottles and get some soda and candy. when i was a kid i thought i was brillant buying 100 one cent candies with my dollar. lol!
      Yeah, I remeber riding my bike down to the Kwik Mart with my dog following behind me. I can't remember if it was 5 cents or 15 cents for the bottles, I think it was a nickle; but my extra money went into comic books. I was really big into comics there for a while.

Comment

• as I kid I was never really into anything obsessively, apart from football and a weird thing for rice pudding.

Comment

• Originally posted by K-DOGG
          Yeah, I remeber riding my bike down to the Kwik Mart with my dog following behind me. I can't remember if it was 5 cents or 15 cents for the bottles, I think it was a nickle; but my extra money went into comic books. I was really big into comics there for a while.
          i had a wicked sweet tooth. i always went for the candy. sometimes i would splurge and spend 25 cents on this candy/toy pack. it either had a jump rope, paddle ball, or frisbee with assorted candy.

Comment

• Originally posted by platinummatt
            lol poor shopkeeper did he count them out? Yeh Iced tea is nice
            yes, he did.

Comment

• my old sweet shopkeeper was about a hundred and she had one tooth, hardly a good advertisement. She was straight out of a Roald Dahl book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crumble
                yeah jesus how didnt the glass smash.
                Well I wasn't questioning the strength of the glass bottle. I just didn't know what the time period was when they sold Coke in a glass bottle.

It won't smash. It's like those drink machines on college campuses. The ones that sell Sobes and Tropicana drinks? The top row is always Sobes, and that's glass. But they never break when you buy them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hard Boiled HK
                  Well I wasn't questioning the strength of the glass bottle. I just didn't know what the time period was when they sold Coke in a glass bottle.

It won't smash. It's like those drink machines on college campuses. The ones that sell Sobes and Tropicana drinks? The top row is always Sobes, and that's glass. But they never break when you buy them.
                  1970's and early 80's.

Comment

• This is a great thread, its cute

Comment

• Originally posted by platinummatt
                      This is a great thread, its cute
                      seems like almost all of the threads in this lounge go off-topic at some point and generally involve sex discussions in some form or another. luckily the opic tends to return to its original topic. lol! i think we have some really good "regular" posters.

Comment

Working...
                      X