Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new topic: does anyone have have any fanasty match-ups, they wanna see? If so, name them and say who you think wins.

my fanasty matches:

Hulk Hogan vs. Jesse Ventura vs. Superstar Billy Graham vs. Scott Steiner (Hogan Wins)

Hulk Hogan vs. Bruno Sammartino (Hogan Wins)

Bill Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Batista (Goldberg Wins)

Ric Flair vs. Bruno Sammartino (Flair Wins)

Ric Flair vs. Lou Thesz (Thesz Wins)

Lou Thesz vs. Ed "Strangler Lewis vs. Georg Hackenschmidt vs. Frank Gotch (Thesz Wins)

Hulk Hogan vs. Bruno Sammartino (Hogan Wins)

Hulk Hogan vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (Austin Wins)

Triple H vs. Harley Race (HHH Wins)

Samoa Joe vs. Umaga vs. Kamala (Joe's gonna kill them)

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Sandman in a Beer Drinking Contest (Austin Wins)

Andre the Giant vs. Big Show vs. The Great Kalhi vs. Gonzales (Andre Wins)

Hulk Hogan vs. The Junkyard Dog (Hogan Wins)

The Undertaker vs. Kane vs. Sting vs. Abyss in a Hell in a Cell Match (Undertaker Wins)

The Shiek vs. The Iron Shiek vs. Sabu in a Hardcore Match (Shiek Wins)

Brusier Brody vs. Catus Jack in a Hardcore Match (Brody Wins)

Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. "The King" Harley Race vs. King Booker (Lawler Wins)

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair vs. "Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers vs. "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel (Flair Wins)

The Shiek vs. Terry Funk in a Hardcore Match (Shiek Wins)

Ric Flair vs. Verne Gagne (Flair Wins)

Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit vs. Bret Hart in Submission Match (Hart Wins)

NWO vs. DX (DX Wins)

The Hart Family vs. The Von Erich Family (The Harts Win)

Comment

• Michaels W Cena

Undertaker W Batista

at Wrestlemania

Comment

• Im actually going to get a few friends together and order this. Theres four matchups that are interesting already.

Comment

• Man they are going fast
          WWE Hall of Famer Ernie Ladd passed away last night, according to TheNewsStar.com of Monroe, La. Ladd, 68, had been battling cancer since 2004.

Professionally known as the “Big Cat,” Ladd was one of the premiere professional wrestlers of the 1960s and 1970s. Long-time fans in the Northeast particularly remember the havoc he wreaked in WWE throughout the ‘70s as one of the biggest names the territory had ever seen. Managed by the Grand Wizard, Ladd was a persistent challenger to WWE Champions Bruno Sammartino, Pedro Morales and Bob Backlund.

Prior to a successful career in sports-entertainment, Ladd earned fame as a dominant football player at both the college and pro level. He was a star lineman for Louisiana’s Grambling State University in the late ‘50s, and was recruited in 1961 by the AFL’s San Diego Chargers. He was a member of the Chargers’ 1963 AFL Championship team, and appeared in four straight AFL All-Star Games from 1962-1965. In addition to the Chargers, he also played for the Houston Oilers and Kansas City Chiefs.
          Sadly, Allen Coage - better known to wrestling fans as "Bad News" Allen or "Bad News" Brown has passed away. Coage was rushed to Rockyview Hospital in Calgary after experiencing chest pains and passed away early this morning. He was 63.

Coage, a bronze medal winner at the 1976 Olympics in Judo, was a major star in several promotions including Stu Hart's Stampede Wrestling as well as New Japan Pro Wrestling. He entered the WWE in the late 80's and had a few stand out moments that fans still remember him by.

It was Coage who double-crossed Bret "Hitman" Hart at the end of the over-the-top-rope battle royale which opened Wrestlemania 4 so that he could go on to win the prize trophy. Brown also feuded with Rowdy Roddy Piper, leading to their match at Wrestlemania 6 where Piper painted his body half black. One of his last feuds in the WWE before leaving the company was with Jake "The Snake" Roberts, where he tried to pit his "Harlem Sewer Rats" vs. Jake's snake Damien. Coage even had a few matches with WWE Legend Hulk Hogan.

At the time of his passing, Coage was working as a security guard and had just signed a "Legends" deal with the WWE to produce a Classic Superstar action figure of himself. He was also scheduled to appear at the Legends of the Ring convention on April 28th, 2007 in New Jersey.

Comment

• I picked up Mick Foley's new book the other day. I enjoyed the backstage stuff a lot. He talks about his pitches for angles and storylines.

Comment

• Undertaker FTW tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Im going to be watching it with some friends. Should be a great show.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                  Im going to be watching it with some friends. Should be a great show.
                  I was wrong. One great match, and two pretty good matches. Everything else was awful, and the show just seemed to drag at times. The Batista/Taker match was excellent. They had the crowd into it, and it had a perfect pace. The Benoit match was great up until the abrupt ending, which through me off a bit. WWE dropped the ball with having Cena win. Nice try having HBK slap Cena at the beginning so he can be a heel. Too bad the crowd still hates Cena anyway. Anyways the match was a let down. The last 10 minutes or so was great. It was suspensful and I actually thought HBK might pull it off. Up until then it was very slow apart from a few nice spots outside the ring.

Comment

• I enjoyed it.

MITB: Holy **** what a match, crazy stuff especially from Jeff Hardy.

Kane/Khali: Decent enough, both guys knew their limits

Beniot/MVP: MVP was quite impressive

Taker/Batista: Great Match, good carry job by Taker but Batista did fairly well in there, didn’t screw up once which is a surprise.

Originals/New Blood: To short but a good finish.

Umaga/Lashley: Meh, they were just background players to Trump and Austin..

Melina/Ashley: Nice **** but that was it.

Cena/Michaels: Good match but not main event calibre, end part of the match was great however.

Not as good as last years but good nonetheless, MITB was the match of the night for me floowed by the Takers fight.

Comment

• Maybe I was a little too harsh on the ladder match. After a second viewing I liked it a lot more. My standards might have been too high when watching it live. The TLC matches set the bar so high, and it has rarely been matched.

As for Raw, it was crap tonight.

Comment

Working...
                      X