Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
    That doesn't sound like something Clapton would say. I call BS
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/...i_hendrix.html

There’s a famous tale that’s floated around for years and has enjoyed a resurgence since last Thursday. The story goes that sometime during the 1980s, Eric Clapton was asked how it felt to be the best guitar player in the world, and responded, “I don’t know; ask Prince.”

writer agrees with you that this might not be true.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/...i_hendrix.html

There’s a famous tale that’s floated around for years and has enjoyed a resurgence since last Thursday. The story goes that sometime during the 1980s, Eric Clapton was asked how it felt to be the best guitar player in the world, and responded, “I don’t know; ask Prince.”

writer agrees with you that this might not be true.
      That site might state that but Clapton has rubbed guitar necks with so many greats, I doubt he would say that.

Comment

What's the opinion on Buckethead ?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
          What's the opinion on Buckethead ?

Very talented, great chops, but a little self indulgent according to some. I enjoy him for who he is though. His songs are meh, but his solos are pretty insane. Technically, he could it all from blues to shred to noise to acoustic.

I saw him live a few months ago, great show. He had no live band, just a recorded back up track that he played over.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
            Very talented, great chops, but a little self indulgent according to some. I enjoy him for who he is though. His songs are meh, but his solos are pretty insane. Technically, he could it all from blues to shred to noise to acoustic.

I saw him live a few months ago, great show. He had no live band, just a recorded back up track that he played over.
            Just watched a few videos, not my taste at all. It's all very catchy but it doesn't hold my attention longer than a few minutes, it's like break beat on guitar and cool tricks. He certainly knows how to get more out of a solitary string than most if not all. This isn't why I listen to rock though, in fact it isn't even rock it's just flash solo trick inpspired soloing.

What's the KFC thing about and the face shyt too ?

Comment

Just watched a few videos, not my taste at all. It's all very catchy but it doesn't hold my attention longer than a few minutes, it's like break beat on guitar and cool tricks. He certainly knows how to get more out of a solitary string than most if not all. This isn't why I listen to rock though, in fact it isn't even rock it's just flash solo trick inpspired soloing.

What's the KFC thing about and the face shyt too ?

He's a Michael Myers fan so that's where the mask comes from, but I'm not sure about the KFC bucket. Maybe he likes fried chicken.

I've always preferred guys like David Gilmour, Hendrix, Page, Slash, SRV, Rhoads over Buckethead, Satriani, Vai, Malmsteen, etc. As technically great as Malmsteen is, everything he plays has to be 32nd notes at 200 bpm. I prefer dynamics over speed.

I do appreciate the shredders for their skill, but it's mainly because I play guitar myself. If I didn't play, I'd probably never listen or care much for them at all.
              Last edited by Willy Wanker; 09-17-2016, 07:41 AM.

Comment

He's a Michael Myers fan so that's where the mask comes from, but I'm not sure about the KFC bucket. Maybe he likes fried chicken.

I've always preferred guys like David Gilmour, Hendrix, Page, Slash, SRV, Rhoads over Buckethead, Satriani, Vai, Malmsteen, etc. As technically great as Malmsteen is, everything he plays has to be 32nd notes at 200 bpm. I prefer dynamics over speed.

I do appreciate the shredders for their skill, but it's mainly because I play guitar myself. If I didn't play, I'd probably never listen or care much for them at all.
                Jimmy Page is the best. I fail to see what all the rage over Clapton is, I'm mystified. Beck I like but my preference is Page, Morello, Slash even Neil Young I suppose Rory Gallagher too. I'll have missed out a shyt ton of guys special mention should be for Joe Perry and Izzy Stradlin too.

Comment

I think I read he plays in a chicken coop along with chickens and the KFC funeral thing is to do with cruelty to chickens he's basically an activists, I suspect he's a real loner and his only buddies were chickens growing up, or maybe it has something to do with sexual orientation and he's the one being cruel to chickens fück knows man.

Comment

his only buddies were chickens growing up, or maybe it has something to do with sexual orientation and he's the one being cruel to chickens fück knows man.

That gives me flashbacks of the old South Park episode when that guy was ****ing chickens.

Comment

That gives me flashbacks of the old South Park episode when that guy was ****ing chickens.
                      I never got into South Park, my best mates are mad on it though I just couldn't relate to it one iota, is it aimed at a younger audience ?

Comment

Working...
                      X