The NRL Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan... View Post
    That is not ironic.

Obviously if your team makes the GF then you are going to be happy, regardless of how they got there. I don't see how I am biased on the topic. We lost to Manly - we would have lost to Manly in the GF. I'd actually prefer to lose to them in the prelim as opposed to making the GF and losing.

You shouldn't finish 6th, get pumped, the be two wins away from the GF. That is my point and honestly I'm not really sure how its arguable.
    yeah, It doesnt make sense.. i actually felt bad for the tigers when they lost cos of how the warriors got bumf**kd vs the Broncs.. then the Broncos get KO'd.. f**k me.

Comment

• Des Hasler to join the Bulldogs in 2013.

And also the Titans have offered Todd Carney a three year contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by ??? View Post
        Des Hasler to join the Bulldogs in 2013.

And also the Titans have offered Todd Carney a three year contract.
        Report are that the deal is worth $70k per year. Surely he won't take that? He could still get big money at the Sharks or overseas I think.

Comment

Report are that the deal is worth $70k per year. Surely he won't take that? He could still get big money at the Sharks or overseas I think.
          I wouldn't be paying him too much more, chances are he could fall off the wagon again.

Comment

• Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
            I wouldn't be paying him too much more, chances are he could fall off the wagon again.
            Yeah maybe but I'm talking about what he could get. Surely the Sharks would be willing to throw a fair bit at him?

Comment

• FoxSports are saying that the Sharks and Catalans are Carney's most likely destinations.

Comment

I believed Greg Bird was offered a similar contract.

Comment

• It's just that he is unpredictable and paying him anything above that could be a total waste of cash.

I say around 100K would be still a good buy for Team like the Sharks.

Comment

• The Sharks have zero to lose. If I was the Sharks I would happily throw a sizeable contract at him. There is no risk there. Without Carney they most likely finish last or close to it. What is the worst that can happen if they sign him? It goes bad and they finish around where they would have anyway.

Comment

The Sharks have zero to lose. If I was the Sharks I would happily throw a sizeable contract at him. There is no risk there. Without Carney they most likely finish last or close to it. What is the worst that can happen if they sign him? It goes bad and they finish around where they would have anyway.
                      Agreed. Do up the paper work Sharks

Comment

Working...
                      X