Collapse
No announcement yet.

The NRL Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normally I am pretty quick to hate on the Kiwis, but for some reason I really hate this Manly team. Its odd, I rooted for Manly in their GFs against the Storm. I guess I was really hating the Storm at that point.

I really hate Keiran Foran for some reason, and my hate for Jamie Lyon has really grown this season. Also kind of like Mateo and Inu. They are amusing. So yeah, go the Warriors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan... View Post
      Normally I am pretty quick to hate on the Kiwis, but for some reason I really hate this Manly team. Its odd, I rooted for Manly in their GFs against the Storm. I guess I was really hating the Storm at that point.

I really hate Keiran Foran for some reason, and my hate for Jamie Lyon has really grown this season. Also kind of like Mateo and Inu. They are amusing. So yeah, go the Warriors.
      Yeah I want to kick that **** Inu in the balls until he spits blood.

Yeah I really hate the Manly team as well. Matai is a a ****ing actor, every game he's holding his arm, looking like he'll be out for half a season then 3 minutes later he's taking someone's head off.

Yeah this is a **** of a Grand Final.

I would have liked Melbourne over the Warriors.

Comment

• Buderus will return to the Knights next season, probably my all-time favourite hooker. I haven't been following him in the Super League, how has he been performing for Leeds?

Comment

• Originally posted by ROSTAM View Post
          Buderus will return to the Knights next season, probably my all-time favourite hooker. I haven't been following him in the Super League, how has he been performing for Leeds?
          He's been ok from what I have heard and the bits I have seen. He will be fine next season no doubt, but he is way past his best. Still, Bennett loves his old hookers.

Comment

• If the Warriors played like they did in the last 20 minutes for the whole match, they would've won.

Comment

• Originally posted by ??? View Post
              If the Warriors played like they did in the last 20 minutes for the whole match, they would've won.
              It would have been a completely different game. They were hot there for a while, but playing like that means a whole lot more errors and more pressure, as was shown towards the end of the game when they were dropping the ball in their own half and conceded another try.

I don't really think the Warriors deserved to be there to be honest. They need to have a look at that system. Any system where you can finish sixth, get pumped first week of the finals then be two wins away from the GF is severely flawed in my view.

Comment

It would have been a completely different game. They were hot there for a while, but playing like that means a whole lot more errors and more pressure, as was shown towards the end of the game when they were dropping the ball in their own half and conceded another try.

I don't really think the Warriors deserved to be there to be honest. They need to have a look at that system. Any system where you can finish sixth, get pumped first week of the finals then be two wins away from the GF is severely flawed in my view.
                The ironic thing is if a team you don't support in 6th makes it into the grand final people complain, but when it's your team who makes it into the grand final from 6th place the teams supporters have no problems with the system.

Comment

• Originally posted by ??? View Post
                  The ironic thing is if a team you don't support in 6th makes it into the grand final people complain, but when it's your team who makes it into the grand final from 6th place the teams supporters have no problems with the system.
                  That is not ironic.

Obviously if your team makes the GF then you are going to be happy, regardless of how they got there. I don't see how I am biased on the topic. We lost to Manly - we would have lost to Manly in the GF. I'd actually prefer to lose to them in the prelim as opposed to making the GF and losing.

You shouldn't finish 6th, get pumped, the be two wins away from the GF. That is my point and honestly I'm not really sure how its arguable.

Comment

That is not ironic.

Obviously if your team makes the GF then you are going to be happy, regardless of how they got there. I don't see how I am biased on the topic. We lost to Manly - we would have lost to Manly in the GF. I'd actually prefer to lose to them in the prelim as opposed to making the GF and losing.

You shouldn't finish 6th, get pumped, the be two wins away from the GF. That is my point and honestly I'm not really sure how its arguable.
                    I couldn't agree more with this post

Comment

• Originally posted by ROSTAM View Post
                      Buderus will return to the Knights next season, probably my all-time favourite hooker. I haven't been following him in the Super League, how has he been performing for Leeds?
                      too bad hes past his best. ha.. but f**k we signed jake friend or whatever his name was from the titans.

Comment

Working...
                      X