No announcement yet.

Marquez v Diaz card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
    Hopefully this gets a HBO telecast and not a ****ty GBP PPV production.
    It's HBO, but likely we'll get HBO International and not the US HBO with Lampley, Merchant et al.

I prefer HBO International not for the commentary, but because it doesn't come with the gimmicky Compubox or the Lederman card. Nothing against Lederman, but I just don't need his card along with Compubox and three commentators to tell me what's happening in a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ColWallace View Post
      It's HBO, but likely we'll get HBO International and not the US HBO with Lampley, Merchant et al.

I prefer HBO International not for the commentary, but because it doesn't come with the gimmicky Compubox or the Lederman card. Nothing against Lederman, but I just don't need his card along with Compubox and three commentators to tell me what's happening in a fight.
      Yeah, but HBO might only distribute it, just like they did with Jones vs. Hopkins and cass vs. Jmm.

I actually like HBO way more. I like the punch stats etc.

Comment

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
        Yeah, but HBO might only distribute it, just like they did with Jones vs. Hopkins and cass vs. Jmm.

I actually like HBO way more. I like the punch stats etc.
        HBO are going all the way with this one. The Mosley-Mora card in September is a GBP production.

Comment

Anyone know anywhere showing Marquez-Diaz? Disgusted Main Event don't have this one.

No doubt fewer places are showing boxing after the shambles in Perth last week.

Comment

It's showing at a few places. I actually don't mind the sky coverage sometimes. This card surely will make amends for the general ****tiness of the past week.

http://www.skychannel.com.au/ringsid...+All&Event=283

The Ettamogah at Rouse Hill isn't too bad. I went there for Floyd v Marquez a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by Philfy View Post

The Ettamogah at Rouse Hill isn't too bad. I went there for Floyd v Marquez a while back.
              I haven't been to the Ettamogah, and it's only a half hours drive away. Might give that one a go.

Comment

Here is a good preview of the fight by my friend Peter Lim. Boxing correspondent for the Houston Chronicle:

http://130.80.29.3/disp/story.mpl/sp...x/7120564.html

Comment

Good to read that Diaz has locked himself away in training for this one. Another loss on his record could really hurt him. Still, I think Marquez will stop him regardless.

If you're keen throw your tips into the tipping thread for these fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Philfy View Post
                    Bloody 'orrible place, Philfy! 'Orrible!

Comment

Originally posted by ColWallace View Post
                      Bloody 'orrible place, Philfy! 'Orrible!
                      Lol. Your standards are obviously way too high.

How good was that Pirog KO! One of the best knockouts of the year so far.
                      Last edited by Philfy; 08-01-2010, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X