Collapse
No announcement yet.

State of Origin Thread 2010

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I take it your reply was aimed at Dan?
    I'm Victorian so I don't have a massive preference who wins as long as it's a good contest.
    We didn't get that this time. My opinion of the refs was based on them not taking control of the match.
    That spear tackle was definitely send off material. It was dangerous and completely intentional. The fact he got a three week suspension yet didn't get sin binned at the time is a little bemusing. I'm not sure what the Blues plan was. Rough them up perhaps? But it didn't work and they are going to have to come up with something a lot better than that to be competitive in future.

Comment

• Originally posted by woftam View Post
      I take it your reply was aimed at Dan?
      I'm Victorian so I don't have a massive preference who wins as long as it's a good contest.
      We didn't get that this time. My opinion of the refs was based on them not taking control of the match.
      That spear tackle was definitely send off material. It was dangerous and completely intentional. The fact he got a three week suspension yet didn't get sin binned at the time is a little bemusing. I'm not sure what the Blues plan was. Rough them up perhaps? But it didn't work and they are going to have to come up with something a lot better than that to be competitive in future.
      yes at dan
      qld were and are way too good and i agree the refs had an off night and failed to take control off the game. if it were a club game o'donnell would have been sent off for sure or atleast sin-binned. dont think there is much nsw can do different to turn it around, you could see from the first few minutes through speed of line in defence and how easily qld were winning the ruck that it was gonna be a long night for the blues, they just couldnt match it with the mongrel cane toads in any aspect of the game. whats even more disheartening (for me anyway) is that i dont think qld were anywhere near their best and nsw still couldnt even compete.

Comment

• problem is NSW have been trying to pick a team just to win a game over the last few years instead of building a team for the future.

Comment

• I'm just wondering, is Kevin Gordon a Queenslander or New South Wales?

I know he was born in New South Wales.

Comment

• New South Welshman, he's not ready yet though imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greatwhitehope View Post
              New South Welshman, he's not ready yet though imo.
              Is he?

If he was a Queenslander I could see him replacing Falou in the wing next year in the State of Origin when Falou goes to AFL.

Comment

• I'm just wondering, how did the staff forget about Hayne and Ennis when the team went on the bus?

Comment

• Originally posted by ??? View Post
                  I'm just wondering, how did the staff forget about Hayne and Ennis when the team went on the bus?
                  sums up the current NSW management

Comment

• NSW Team for Game 3

1. Jarryd Hayne (Parramatta Eels)
                    2. Brett Morris (St George Illawarra Dragons)
                    3. Michael Jennings (Penrith Panthers)
                    4. Beau Scott (St George Illawarra Dragons)
                    5. Michael Gordon (Penrith Panthers)
                    6. Trent Barrett (Cronulla Sharks)
                    7. Mitchell Pearce (Sydney Roosters)
                    8. Jason King (Manly Sea Eagles)
                    9. Michael Ennis (Canterbury Bulldogs)
                    10. Kade Snowden (Cronulla Sharks)
                    11. Luke Lewis (Penrith Panthers)
                    12. Paul Gallen (Cronulla Sharks)
                    13. Greg Bird (Gold Coast Titans)

14. Kurt Gidley (Newcastle Knights)
                    15. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs (Canberra Raiders)
                    16. Tim Mannah (Parramatta Eels)
                    17. Anthony Watmough (Manly Sea Eagles)

Comment

• Originally posted by cace View Post
                      there was nothing in the headbutt or the punch while holding the guernsey they both barely made any contact, neither are send off offences. weak as piss trying to headbutt and hit someone with their arms held, but not send offable imo. the tackle he probably should have, but im not sure on that either.
                      only a queenslander could say he thought the game was rigged from the start, nsw didnt get a penalty til after the 30 minute mark and qld already had ****ing atleast 5 of them!!
                      How about the inside ball Darren through practically backwards that they called forward?

And NSW were being penalised because we were dominating them.

We would have won by 60 if the referees didn't favour NSW in that game.

Comment

Working...
                      X