No announcement yet.

I HATE Danny Green

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Philfy View Post
    Kent was awful when he appeared on Superboxer, I don't know whether he was shy about being on TV or just didn't have a clue. Probably the latter. He has written some funny articles bashing Mundine though.
    Last night, when commenting on the problems associated with a Mundine-Green rematch on the Back Page on Fox, he was asked what the limits of their respective weight classes were.

He answered 190 pounds for Cruiser and 156 for JMW. Pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan... View Post
      Not really. I'm sure that even if Danny was in the most stacked division of all-time he would manage to find average fighters to beat up in front of morons who know no better.

Australian boxing is a joke. Paul Kent, who is supposed to be some quasi-boxing expert in the press, doesn't even know the limits for the weight classes. Its ridiculous.
      you're probably right it is a joke.

Comment

• He's a legend.

Comment

• I don't see a problem with Green facing Siaca.He is a credible opponent.It's better than the quality of fighters Mundine has been fighting.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxing_great View Post
            I don't see a problem with Green facing Siaca.He is a credible opponent.It's better than the quality of fighters Mundine has been fighting.
            This is the sort of thing that vindicates Dans earlier statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxing_great View Post
              I don't see a problem with Green facing Siaca.He is a credible opponent.It's better than the quality of fighters Mundine has been fighting.
              LOL.

Jesus Christ, where to start?

I will qualify this by saying I am getting all this from boxrec. I don't follow Siaca as, well, there is nothing to follow.

After dropping a near shut-out UD to a 40 year old Silvio Branco for the WBA 175 pound title in 2006, Siaca has fought twice, once in 2008 and once in 2009.

In 2008, Siaca took on David Whittom, who at the time was 10-6-1. The fight was at 176 pounds. Siaca won a 10 round decision. Whittom is currently on a 7 fight losing streak with a current record of 10-12-1.

In 2009, Siaca fought George Klinesmith, who was 24-13-4. The fight was at 160 pounds. Siaca won a 1st round stoppage.

Pretty impressive stuff.

In terms of his career history, Siaca's best, and really only notable win, came in a razor-thin split decision over an injured Anthony Mundine at 168 pounds.

So wow, a career 168 pounder, who last fought at 160, whose only notable win came 6 years ago and who has had 2 fights in about 4 years, neither being against any kind of semi-credible opponent.

And you think that this is a legitimate contender for the Cruiserweight (the weight limit for which is 200 pounds in case you didn't know, which is 40 pounds north of Siaca's most recent fighting weight) world title?

You are supposed to be a boxing fan?

Comment

LOL.

I will qualify this by saying I am getting all this from boxrec. I don't follow Siaca as, well, there is nothing to follow.

After dropping a near shut-out UD to a 40 year old Silvio Branco for the WBA 175 pound title in 2006, Siaca has fought twice, once in 2008 and once in 2009.

In 2008, Siaca took on David Whittom, who at the time was 10-6-1. The fight was at 176 pounds. Siaca won a 10 round decision. Whittom is currently on a 7 fight losing streak with a current record of 10-12-1.

In 2009, Siaca fought George Klinesmith, who was 24-13-4. The fight was at 160 pounds. Siaca won a 1st round stoppage.

Pretty impressive stuff.

In terms of his career history, Siaca's best, and really only notable win, came in a razor-thin split decision over an injured Anthony Mundine at 168 pounds.

And you think that this is a legitimate contender for the Cruiserweight (the weight limit for which is 200 pounds in case you didn't know, which is 40 pounds north of Siaca's most recent fighting weight) world title?

So you obviously rate Green that highly since your dismissing Siaca as a good opponent? Green's career hasn't been all that stellar has it.
                His best win for me is Eric lucas, other than that which notable opponent has he beaten?

Green atm is an average fighter who is going up against a decent opponent.
                If Siaca at super middle beat Mundine, why don't you give him a chance of beating Green who got whooped by Mundine?

both fighters have fought most of their fights at super middle, and both are going up in weight..
                Originally posted by Dan... View Post
                So wow, a career 168 pounder, who last fought at 160, whose only notable win came 6 years ago and who has had 2 fights in about 4 years, neither being against any kind of semi-credible opponent.
                Green has just come back from retirement with only 3 fights in the last year, with a total of 8 ROUNDS under his belt!

The hatred you have for Green is so obvious..
                Last edited by boxing_great; 02-16-2010, 11:49 PM.

Comment

• What has Siaca done to indicate that he deserves a shot at Green's title or that he is a credible opponent?

Is just beating Mundine 6 years ago at a weight over 30 pounds below Cruiser reason enough?

Comment

Not really. I'm sure that even if Danny was in the most stacked division of all-time he would manage to find average fighters to beat up in front of morons who know no better.

Australian boxing is a joke. Paul Kent, who is supposed to be some quasi-boxing expert in the press, doesn't even know the limits for the weight classes. Its ridiculous.
                    Australian boxing is such a joke, **** it's beyond a joke. A couple of years ago I came close to moving to the USA for work and one of the first things I said to myself was: HBO & Showtime boxing followed by quick trips all over the place for fights.

Comment

LOL.

Pretty impressive stuff.

This sums it up. No way this guy is worthy of the hype that Green is talking about.

Comment

Working...
                      X