No announcement yet.

Kessler vs Calzaghe not on PPV in Oz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post
    it'll probably be uploaded within half an hour of finishing but it's just the principle.

this to me is probably the one of the top 3 biggest fights of the year and i cant watch it on a TV?

i dont know who to complain to but something is going wrong.
    Exactly MG. I don't want to be watching a fight like this on my ****ing computer. It will be on in the morning so it shouldn't conflict with too many other programs on FOX Sports 1 2 3. The AFL & NRL seasons are over. We get ****ing NASCAR live on FOX here in OZ, who the **** watches that here? I'm sure more Aussie would rather watching quality boxing than NASCAR. Well at least we would so that's all that matters.

Comment

haha ****ing right. i dont get why there isnt more of a following of boxing. who the **** wants to watch cars drive in a circle. if you go to a footy match and there's a fight that's all people talk about. same as in any sport. why not watch some fights? and some people who are good at it.

Comment

haha ****ing right. i dont get why there isnt more of a following of boxing. who the **** wants to watch cars drive in a circle. if you go to a footy match and there's a fight that's all people talk about. same as in any sport. why not watch some fights? and some people who are good at it.
        ****en oath. Nascar is the worst aswell, all the cars look the same, the positions don't even change. I swear i watched 120 laps of it once and the same drivers coming first and last at the start were in the same positions at the end (after 3 long hours). And i can't believe people would rather watch that than two massive dudes, beating up on each other and bleeding on each other in front of a crowd of 70 000. Man Australia is a great country, probably the best in the world and im happy living here, but stuff like this gives me the ****s.

And the only thing we will see of it is a little ten second clip at the end of fox sports news. I was laughing the next day of the Mundine Soliman fight. Because it was right at the end of the sports news and the footy mid week injuries were at the start.

Comment

Exactly MG.

It just needs more exposure and not DLH vs. Mayweather fights or Mundine vs bums. I'm talking Morales vs. Pac style type fights and people will be hooked. DLH vs. Mayweather had a massive audience, it was like a Tyson fight audience, with **** loads of NON fightfans watching. But, it was hardly a great fight for enticing new fans.

One sad thing is I have a few buddies in Cali whom have HBO/Showtime and wouldn't even watch any of the fights they broadcast. Now that's ****in' cruel.

Comment

haha it's damn near torture. im pretty sure the kiwis get a good deal with free boxing cards too..

ive been trying to circulate a few katsidis fights amongst my mates to try to get them interested.

Comment

haha it's damn near torture. im pretty sure the kiwis get a good deal with free boxing cards too..

ive been trying to circulate a few katsidis fights amongst my mates to try to get them interested.
              Good Fighter to try and convert people. I've got a few over with Pac_Morales 1 & Gatti & Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimateboxa View Post
                ****en oath. Nascar is the worst aswell, all the cars look the same, the positions don't even change. I swear i watched 120 laps of it once and the same drivers coming first and last at the start were in the same positions at the end (after 3 long hours). And i can't believe people would rather watch that than two massive dudes, beating up on each other and bleeding on each other in front of a crowd of 70 000. Man Australia is a great country, probably the best in the world and im happy living here, but stuff like this gives me the ****s.

And the only thing we will see of it is a little ten second clip at the end of fox sports news. I was laughing the next day of the Mundine Soliman fight. Because it was right at the end of the sports news and the footy mid week injuries were at the start.
                I have to agree with everything here Ult. ****ing NASCAR and Live as well. FOX Sports are ****ed. The Sports Channels on Optus Vision which are no longer used to play fights all the time, some where a day or so delayed but it was still awesome.

Comment

Hmm very interesting. Well we can either go a petition or heaps of phone calls, or a web article. But with the web article everyone needs a "digg" account to get big, so they digg the article and it goes huge. How many of you have "digg" accounts, if no one does than we will have to go with the phone calls. But anyone have digg accounts, if hundreds of people here do, then we should go with a web article, anyway discuss i will be back on tomoz. Booty call. nah jj, assingment to do.

Comment

Gutted... Kessler v Calzaghe has been the only fight iv really been looking forward too..

Comment

Originally posted by skyler View Post
                      Gutted... Kessler v Calzaghe has been the only fight iv really been looking forward too..
                      Welcome to the third world.

Comment

Working...
                      X