No announcement yet.

Who's the greatest Mexican boxer of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chaconfan View Post

You know what he meant, and if it was best boxer not fighter it would be Salvador Sanchez. J.C.Chavez could do it all and was easily as good but IMO better than Marquez.
    I wept like a baby when he died… My tio said he was just a pendejo for driving a fast car on a dirt road..

Salvador is my guy!!

When he stopped Azuma Nelson I made 5 dollars..

Comment

• Originally posted by Brixxx View Post
      I'ma noob but I love the Mexican style boxing, who is the epitome of that hard working puncher style?
      Rubén Olivares

Rubén Olivares Avila (born January 14, 1947) is a Mexican former professional boxer and actor, and a member of the International Boxing Hall of Fame.,[1] Olivares was a world champion multiple times, and considered by many as the greatest bantamweightchampion of all time. He was very popular among Mexicans, many of whom considered him to be Mexico's greatest fighter for a long period.[2] He currently holds the record for the most wins in unified title bouts in bantamweight history, at 6. Olivares is a boss playa.

im Chicano but, in Mexico I’m a gringo
      except I am shaft

Comment

• Originally posted by extracurRICular View Post

JMM made a great case for himself....and we maybe talking Jordan Kobe here...but for the same reason I pick Jordan over Kobe...

JCC did it first.........

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VLDrhfpVcXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
        JMM caused deaths on the Philippines
        Slugfester Slugfester likes this.

Comment

• I tend to go with Mexican guys who beat the crap p4p (is that even a thing??)

I am Mexican

ny mom said I regret letting my dad beat tjr
          bish out of meっっz
          Brixxx Brixxx likes this.

Comment

• Ricardo Lopez.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
              JC Chavez (Sr LOL)
              Duran was half Mexican
              Slugfester Slugfester likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by -TAKEOVER- View Post
                Ricardo Lopez.
                You my fried nailed it!!! Cabron

Comment

• Like many, I feel it would have been Sanchez. Chavez was a good man to wear the mantle though. They were both great viewing. Th e problem with Chavez is legacy-level competition. My memory is not perfect these days, but I don't think he ever beat another great fighter in their prime. Remind me if I am wrong. A couple of gift decisions were Randall and Whitaker. But wasn't JC kind of long in the tooth by that time himself, if I remember? Remind me.

Marquez had one great fighter to attach to in their prime and fought him four times, doing nicely but feeling cheated. He was lucky to fight him four times. Even the Mayweather debacle will make Marquez's name linger in the record books though worthless. I don't now if he is the greatest but he did scratch his name pretty deep in stone so to speak.

GhostofDempsey GhostofDempsey likes this.

Comment

• Sal is my #1.

Comment

• Originally posted by kerrminator View Post
                      Jaun Manuel Marquez is a legend in my eyes. Rarely in a dull fight there is too many great bouts to pick a favourity the 4 with pac the Katsidis fight was a war too and the first Juan diaz fight was amazing. He's the best combination puncher in the game imo.
                      Shame he touched the alcohol and drugs and didnt fulfill his maximum potential like Floyd Mayweather Jr though.
                      Last edited by Richard; 08-02-2023, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X