No announcement yet.

[VIDEO] Negro: A Docu-series about Latino Identity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] Negro: A Docu-series about Latino Identity

An interesting docu-series that was discussed by some members on here awhile ago...decided to share so more people can have access to it, i also included a short trailer of the "Afrolatinos" documentary for those that have a short attention span lol....im open to discussion

koo afrolatino here

Comment

Interesting, I have seen many Black Central Americans, Carribeans, South Americans and some Mexicans from the coast, But I did not know Chile, or Argentina had blacks..
      It wonder what do most latinos of African descent born or raised here in the United States consider themselves in terms of race.

Comment

Great thread bra..

My girl is from the carribean but she says she's not black.

Comment

Originally posted by JRM View Post
          Great thread bra..

My girl is from the carribean but she says she's not black.

puede ser una negrita in denial

You're gonna find different attitudes on race perception depending on what country you go to. There's a deep self-hatred involved with our people when it comes to identifying ourselves as an Afro-Indigenous people, which is what we are. No matter what Latin American country we come from. Some of us might look "blacker" than others, some of us more "indigenous" than others. We all share a common history.

A lot of that history has been erased by the colonizers...i remember reading a book called "The Black Indians" in high school...that told of the relationship between African slaves who ran away from their plantation settlements and joined/ integrated themselves in indigenous tribes. Which is why so many so-called African Americans say they have "indian" in them.
          This happened in Cuba, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Peru, etc. also.

Comment

They teach people in South and Central America that they're all explicitly descendants of the Conquistadors? Nobody can really be stupid enough to believe that can they?

Comment

it's cool how vast our latino genetic pool is, I wish more Afro-Latinos would embrace it, but you have self hating Afro-Latinos like Dj pepe that are ashamed of their roots and actually pretend to be White or European. It's disgusting.

Be proud of who you are

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                it's cool how vast our latino genetic pool is, I wish more Afro-Latinos would embrace it, but you have self hating Afro-Latinos like Dj pepe that are ashamed of their roots and actually pretend to be White or European. It's disgusting.

Be proud of who you are
                and hate Marquez

indeed, very disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
                  Interesting, I have seen many Black Central Americans, Carribeans, South Americans and some Mexicans from the coast, But I did not know Chile, or Argentina had blacks..
                  It wonder what do most latinos of African descent born or raised here in the United States consider themselves in terms of race.
                  I have never seen a black looking Mexican to be honest. I'm pretty they exist but there is only a few with noticeable black features. Mexicans are predominantly mestizo half white half Aztec. Most of latinamerica is mestizo also Paraguay is like 99% mestizo and the main language there is guarani (native American).

Comment

Loiza, Puerto Rico has many black Puerto Ricans, it is believed
                    that Spain brought the slaves to PR through Loiza back in the 1600's
                    and that's the reason the population there is predominantly black

Comment

Working...
                    X