• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
    Loiza, Puerto Rico has many black Puerto Ricans, it is believed
    that Spain brought the slaves to PR through Loiza back in the 1600's
    and that's the reason the population there is predominantly black
    En las costas de PR es donde esta la concentracion. Primero porque los necesitaban para la construccion del Morro y todos los fuertes. En otras partes era donde sembraban caņa y tabaco.

Mi abuela de parte de padre, RIP, era negra. En su segundo matrimonio se caso con un negrito de Arroyo y todos sus hijos son negros. Tengo muchos tios y primos que tienen los rasgos. En casa uno de mis hermanos tiene el rasgo, pero todos los demas tenemos rasgos indios y espanoles.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetTooth View Post
      I have never seen a black looking Mexican to be honest. I'm pretty they exist but there is only a few with noticeable black features. Mexicans are predominantly mestizo half white half Aztec. Most of latinamerica is mestizo also Paraguay is like 99% mestizo and the main language there is guarani (native American).
      Some people from Guerrero and Veracruz look very dark, darker than a full blood native american.. My family is from Jalisco and most people there are Mestizos or white!!

Comment

I have heard of AfroLatinos denying their black/African roots, but on the flip side, I have also heard of AfroLatinos denying their Spanish/Mestizo roots as well. Like Zoe Saldana for example...

"I'm not a Latina, don't call me a Latina, I am a BLACK Woman".

Very interesting. I used to love that woman until she said that...

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          it's cool how vast our latino genetic pool is, I wish more Afro-Latinos would embrace it, but you have self hating Afro-Latinos like Dj pepe that are ashamed of their roots and actually pretend to be White or European. It's disgusting.

Be proud of who you are

You're going to take that, Pepe?

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
            I have heard of AfroLatinos denying their black/African roots, but on the flip side, I have also heard of AfroLatinos denying their Spanish/Mestizo roots as well. Like Zoe Saldana for example...

"I'm not a Latina, don't call me a Latina, I am a BLACK Woman".

Very interesting. I used to love that woman until she said that...
            I actually got to build with Zoe Saldana, she's a good sister. Humble and extremely intelligent. She wasn't denying her roots. In the context of that interview, she denied being labeled as a "Latina" because the word "Latino/a" denotes someone of Proto-Indo-European heritage, meaning white.

Anthropologically speaking, "Latino" is actually a very inaccurate term to describe our people. In no way did she say that to deny her roots. It was a political statement. And a very valid one at that. Because even in our homelands, whether it be Cuba, Colombia Puerto Rico, etc. Blacks are marginalized, subject to political/social repression, no significant representation in congressional/political arenas, police harassment, etc.

Nationally, culturally, I am a Cuban, so-called "Latino". In the larger scheme of things, universally, I am a Black man. That ties me to a global cultural and sociopolitical position, not just one that pertains to the country of my birth.
            Last edited by MalikKnucklez; 05-30-2012, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Im colombian with coarse hair and brown skin and even among my own people they look down on me even if in the slightest. That i look puerto rican or domincan and not like a real colombian. Me dicen el negrito, quemadito, barranquillero (even though my family is paisa where there is more fair skinned people in barranquilla there are lots of blacks). And i laugh it off but at the same time it does instill a bit of dissent towards anybody fairskinned for the fact i can feel the dissent towards me from my own people even if in the slightest.

Comment

Originally posted by -PITO- View Post
                Im colombian with coarse hair and brown skin and even among my own people they look down on me even if in the slightest. That i look puerto rican or domincan and not like a real colombian. Me dicen el negrito, quemadito, barranquillero (even though my family is paisa where there is more fair skinned people in barranquilla there are lots of blacks). And i laugh it off but at the same time it does instill a bit of dissent towards anybody fairskinned for the fact i can feel the dissent towards me from my own people even if in the slightest.
                Wtf, Puerto Ricans, can look white, mestizo, mulatto, or black. I thought in Colombia it was the same. I live around Colombians, some look straight up black, and some are fair skinned, like me and my family.

Comment

good stuff............

Comment

Working...
                  X