No announcement yet.

World Baseball Classic and Latin Players

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Syd Barrett View Post
    ok?? has he given PR's a reason for them to claim him?
    I may have answered this question already but the important thing to remember is that he did claim that heritage as his own when he played in Yankee Stadium. That should settle the issue for everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by jose_palooka View Post
      ''Atleast Carmelo represents his PR side (and is married to an american of PR descent), when have you seen Reggie Jackson say he's half PRican? is he familiar with the culture? does he speak the native language?''

In NY he did claim it as part of his heritage and speaks very fluent Spanish (his dad's name is Martinez Jackson). In fact he curses in Spanish almost about as well as I do! when he played at Yankee Stadium a group of Boricuas raised the Puerto Rican flag whenever he played. He often gave the thumbs up and shouted back ''Boricua''. I was there and saw it more than enough times.
      Nice comment. I admit, I only heard of him didn't really know Mr October had PR flag wavers at his games and he repersented like that. Thats good stuff. I just found the Carmelo Anthony video a few days ago lol, did not know that much either about him being PR, somebody lied and said he made fun of Carlos Arroyo's shoe having PR flags on them, over the internent of course, cause in that video, Carmelo had a PR shirt on LOL

Comment

• Here is Carmelo Anthony

Comment

Working...
        X