No announcement yet.

World Baseball Classic and Latin Players

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Baseball Classic and Latin Players

Well, I bring this up cause Ima be uploading segments from the World Baseball Classic.

I have two games from 06, PR vs DR, and PR vs Cuba. PR won both games, that I have athough, Cuba is the best overall, and DR struggles against PR LOL

say whatever you want....

too lazy to upload the full game lol so bare with me , I was gonna rip some boxing DVDs but I cant find my case with them

Comment

Venezuela is the new powerhouse of baseball, next to DR. True story! According to espn. Venezuela won the serie del caribe in 2009 here in mexicali. Mexico got 2nd place and PR didn't win a game. DR I think is the real powerhouse of baseball.

Comment

I'm approaching my 60s now and remember with great fondness all those great Cubano players that used to grace the Major Leagues back in the 50s and 60s. Players like Luis Tiant, Tony Oliva, Tony Taylor, Camilo Pascual, Pete (Cuban Cowboy) Ramos, and Tony Perez were among the best from that time period. It will be great when Cubanos are again allowed in the Majors. The sport will greatly improve when that happens - and it won't be soon enough for me!

As for that particular series, I was disappointed Puerto Rico did not win it all. I attribute that to the fact that we do not produce many great pitchers like we used to in the past. Our batting and defense remains quite good. But where are our Luis Arroyos, Ed Figueroas, Juan Pizarros, Willie Hernandez's??? Pitching is highly critical to a team's success and we just don't have that anymore. As with pro boxing, Puerto Rico still produces more players on a per capita basis than does any Latino or Asian land. But I would love to see PR regain the preeminence it once enjoyed in pro baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by mexicali View Post
          Venezuela is the new powerhouse of baseball, next to DR. True story! According to espn. Venezuela won the serie del caribe in 2009 here in mexicali. Mexico got 2nd place and PR didn't win a game. DR I think is the real powerhouse of baseball.
          I seen, Venezuela was in the top last Classic and Cuba also, I saw DR in 4th place LOL PR, dunno what happened to them did not watch the last world series. Didnt Venezuela beat PR in the first Classic? I dont remenber, but PR got a tought pool they played both DR and Cuba. just like in boxing playing the best....

Comment

Originally posted by jose_palooka View Post
            I'm approaching my 60s now and remember with great fondness all those great Cubano players that used to grace the Major Leagues back in the 50s and 60s. Players like Luis Tiant, Tony Oliva, Tony Taylor, Camilo Pascual, Pete (Cuban Cowboy) Ramos, and Tony Perez were among the best from that time period. It will be great when Cubanos are again allowed in the Majors. The sport will greatly improve when that happens - and it won't be soon enough for me!

As for that particular series, I was disappointed Puerto Rico did not win it all. I attribute that to the fact that we do not produce many great pitchers like we used to in the past. Our batting and defense remains quite good. But where are our Luis Arroyos, Ed Figueroas, Juan Pizarros, Willie Hernandez's??? Pitching is highly critical to a team's success and we just don't have that anymore. As with pro boxing, Puerto Rico still produces more players on a per capita basis than does any Latino or Asian land. But I would love to see PR regain the preeminence it once enjoyed in pro baseball.
            kool bro, I think PR gotten lazy cause we Have Roberto Celemente, this is for you bro !!!

Comment

I would like to see way more PRs in MMA, its more harder than boxing, cause 40 punches and thats it, fight is over !! They started Boricua fighter fighter, I think PRs will divide int more and more sports.

Baseball : Carlos Beltran
              Boxing : Carlos Negron
              Basketball: Brea, Carmelo Anthony and Diaz
              MMA - they have one Boricua fighter, and jorge Rivera, Ricco Suave LOL

Comment

From what I heard in a radio station, it was asked why Mexico doesn't produce as much MLB players for its country size and population. Answer was with no MLB farms being held there, they had to rely on scouts and when the player was good enough to go to MLB, his agent would try to sell him for more than he's worth. So in all the agents were the ones screwing the player over, for his greed.

PR has always been famous for their baseball, but lately has fell off a bit. I wonder if they are struggling with agents as well. With many team farms being held in DR, they have the most opportunities. Venezuela also dominates in little league world series'. That is only as of recent though, it must be something in the water.

Comment

Originally posted by mexicali View Post
                  From what I heard in a radio station, it was asked why Mexico doesn't produce as much MLB players for its country size and population. Answer was with no MLB farms being held there, they had to rely on scouts and when the player was good enough to go to MLB, his agent would try to sell him for more than he's worth. So in all the agents were the ones screwing the player over, for his greed.

PR has always been famous for their baseball, but lately has fell off a bit. I wonder if they are struggling with agents as well. With many team farms being held in DR, they have the most opportunities. Venezuela also dominates in little league world series'. That is only as of recent though, it must be something in the water.

Comment

YOUTUBE COMMENT I WANNA SHARE

im surprised they didn't retire his number yet. This guy help the yankees go into their dynasty. If it wasnt for him, they wouln't have 27 world championships right now.

on Bernie Williams

Comment

Working...
                    X