No announcement yet.

Who's your favourite rapper?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Blitz
    Yeah, but 2pac is recognized as the Icon of Rap now, how many other rappers who claim to be the greatest can actually back that up now?

All Eyez On Me was a 9x Platinum Album, came out before he died.
    Me Against The World was a 2x Platinum Album, came out before he died.
    The 7 Day Theory was a 4x Platinum Album, came out a month after he died.

Take a look at his 9x Platinum Greatest Hits, 90% of those songs came off those 3 albums.

Hate him if you want, because "underground iz sooo kewl bcuz all mainstreme is 4 gay ppl who dun no muzic like i do" but 2pac's skills are not overrated. He made it big, these guys didn't, that's a fact.
    I used to be young, stupid and naive like you. All I would do is listen to 2Pac (this is gr 8, gr 9 and half of grade 10)...then I discovered REAL music and I almost never listen to him only when I'm in the mood. The fact is, he had great lyrics, decent flow, BEST production and the result is great albums but other rappers like AZ imo has what he has and more just isn't that popular because he didnt start an east coast v west coast bs.

Comment

Best Album!

Comment

Originally posted by SugaShane
        I used to be young, stupid and naive like you. All I would do is listen to 2Pac (this is gr 8, gr 9 and half of grade 10)...then I discovered REAL music and I almost never listen to him only when I'm in the mood. The fact is, he had great lyrics, decent flow, BEST production and the result is great albums but other rappers like AZ imo has what he has and more just isn't that popular because he didnt start an east coast v west coast bs.
        See, this is exactly what I hate. People who diss "mainstream" just because they made it big while the **** you listen to makes no sales to the general public. Face it, listening to "underground" only doesn't make you trendy, get off the bandwagon. There are people who like underground and listen to mainstream too, what you're doing is dissing mainstream because "da undaground scene is so badass"

Comment

This probably won't surprise anyone, but I agree with Blitz.

Facts: Pac was a multimillion selling artist, who many proclaim to be the best.

Okay, so i haven't dug up all the history of every rapper in the world but I know this.

I've listened to raekwon, MF doom, Scarface etc. (and enjoyed!)

I prefer pac.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua

Yep a classic for real...one of my 20 favorite albums all-time.

Comment

Originally posted by GodzHand
              I just, JUST saw on Cypress Hill's myspace, that Rakim is going to be on the third Muggs-Soul Assassins album. It literally gave me chills. http://www.myspace.com/cypresshill

Holy hell...that's a great connection. Muggs doin it big right now...

Comment

See, this is exactly what I hate. People who diss "mainstream" just because they made it big while the **** you listen to makes no sales to the general public. Face it, listening to "underground" only doesn't make you trendy, get off the bandwagon. There are people who like underground and listen to mainstream too, what you're doing is dissing mainstream because "da undaground scene is so badass"
                I listen to both bro, I even enjoy some 50 Cent joints but I'd rather listen to someone with SICK FLOW, SICK LYRICS and still a pretty sick ass beat and 2Pac provides me with sick lyrics, average flow and mostly sick beats.

Comment

Originally posted by SugaShane
                  I listen to both bro, I even enjoy some 50 Cent joints but I'd rather listen to someone with SICK FLOW, SICK LYRICS and still a pretty sick ass beat and 2Pac provides me with sick lyrics, average flow and mostly sick beats.
                  Love him or hate him, he's still good, I guess we can both agree there

Comment

Love him or hate him, he's still good, I guess we can both agree there
                    Pac revolutionized rap, just like Vanilla Ice..lol..just kidden on the ice thing,,but hell what other rapper can claim that the he waz so readily heard that the government had to execute him..no one....the man was a genius he rapped bout what he felt and the truth in america..all the others rap about bull**** they made up after listening to pac

Comment

Most uh that list is whack except Wu-Tang and Kanye!

Comment

Working...
                      X