Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rakim is once again the GOAT in my opinion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, serious. Your guys opinion on the GOAT changes like the wind. Like people changes their underwear. An album comes out and you fall directly for the hype. Have an opinion already. The GOAT isn't decided on one album that comes late in the artist career. Look at is as a whole and make up your mind. It should'nt be changing constantly because of that late album.
    Last edited by Grand Champ; 11-13-2009, 01:19 PM.

Comment

lol and smh @ people tryin to figure out my thought process...my top 3 has always had pac, nas, and rakim in it...the order is the only thing that has changed. Pac was originally at #1, but since hes dead and not making any new music...i gave the spot to Nas maybe a year ago or two, cant remember. Rakim, who is the most consistent rapper, proved that after not releasing an album for 10 years, that hes still just as sharp as ever.

No rapper will ever match rakims consistency, hes been the same dude on the mic since 87 where as other rappers try different images at times. Rakim is the realest, his flow is great for someone with a monotone voice, his lyrics are as good as anyone elses, and he makes great albums without cursing every other word. I dont think theres even any profanity on the 7th seal.

Some people dont like some of the beats and some of the hooks, thats fine. We're all not gonna agree on everything. To me, this album is a near classic. Im sure it will sound alot better to some people once the grouprip comes out.

And who said change is bad? Change demonstrates that you think about things, I respect the opinions of those who think and analyze the deepest...especially those that look at things from all angles, which i think im one of the better posters when it comes to this. Everyone has bias's, but some people are more biased then others. I do what i can to eliminate as much bias as possible. The way i see it right now, Rakim is once again the goat and that probably wont change for a while.

Comment

Everybody has their G.O.A.T. Rakim is a very acceptable choice based on the facts. I look forward to throughly listening to this new album of his. And I should invest in more of his music. I just need to preview them online first before I buy them because I dont want to waste money. i need to know i'm going to like it first.

As far as opinions changing, thats normal.
        Last edited by Truth; 11-16-2009, 12:52 PM.

Comment

I'm previewing 18th letter right now on cdnow.com. it sounds great. now i think i'm going to buy it. wow@ these great beats and rakim's rhymes.

Comment

rakim aint that great, he's just known for giving the game the most global recognition and to top it off influenced alot of rappers, but the GOAT? check the video

Comment

Originally posted by DARKMAN X View Post
              Seventh Seal >> Untitled

Rakim >> Nas, Pac, etc.

I think rakim and nas both belong in the top 5, I'm not going to argue about who's better, because that's debatable. 2pac IMO, doesn't even belong in the top 30, he's just overrated by media.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha Greatest View Post
                I think rakim and nas both belong in the top 5, I'm not going to argue about who's better, because that's debatable. 2pac IMO, doesn't even belong in the top 30, he's just overrated by media.
                damn someone that knows the truth and is not controlled by the media

Comment

Gold Mac,

i like how you included those lyrics in the poll
                  very nice

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post

rakim aint that great, he's just known for giving the game the most global recognition and to top it off influenced alot of rappers, but the GOAT? check the video
                    That's one of my most favorite albums of all time, any genre.

Comment

Thinkin of a master plan....

Comment

Working...
                      X