No announcement yet.

Your Top 5 or 10 Hip Hop Producers Of All Time List

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Top 5 or 10 Hip Hop Producers Of All Time List

There can't possibly be just 10 ATG Hip Hop Producers, but let's all try to squeeze 10 of the best Hip Hop producers in a list and go ahead and add your favorite tracks from your fave producers also.

Here's mine:

1. DJ Premiere of Gangstarr - 10 Crack Commandments, Mass Appeal, NY State Of Mind, N 2 Gether Now, Platinum Plus, Nas Is Like, Words I Manifest, Crooklyn Dodgers, Suckas Need Bodyguards, Machine Gun Funk Remix

2. Dr Dre - Gin N Juice, Still Dre, California Love, Xplosive, Break Yo Neck(Busta Rhymes), Straight Outta Compton, Forgot About Dre, In Da Club, West Side Story(The Game), Lay Low, Guilty Conscience, Outta Control Remix(50 Cent), What's My Name(DMX), Lost One(Jay Z)

3. RZA of Wu-Tang Clan - Shimmy Shimmy Ya, Gravel Pit, Wu Tang Clan Ain't Nuthin Ta Fuk Wit, Bring Da Pain, CREAM, Shadowboxin, Winter Warz, Tearz, M.E.T.H.O.D. Man, Glaciers Of Ice, Liquid Swords, (a lot of others)

4. Havoc of Mobb Deep - Shook One's, LA LA, Get Away, Quiet Storm, Survival Of The Fittest, Drink Away The Pain, Genesis, Hell On Earth, Creep

5. Dat Ni99a Daz of Daz & Kurupt - (All from All Eyez On Me) Ambitionz Az a Ridah, Got My Mind Made Up, Skandalouz, 2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted, I ain't Mad At Cha, (Several others)

6. Hi-Tek - Too many to name(Almost all of his tracks are hot)

7. Mannie Fresh - Bling Bling, Back That Azz Up, Tha Block Is Hot, #1 Stunna, Get your Roll On, Ha, Hope You Ni99as Sleep, We On Fire, Still Fly, Gangsta Girl, Go DJ, And Then what, Front Back, Top Back, Big Things Poppin

8. EPMD - You're a Customer, Strictly Business, Please Listen To My Demo, Get The Bozack, Knick Knack Patty Wack, Head Banger, Crossover, Just Like Music, Relentless (Most of their albums are full of hot tracks from top to bottom)

9. Kanye West [Had to name them all because i'm bored lol] (The one's without the name in parenthesis are Kanye's own songs) - Heart Of The City(Jay Z),The Truth(Beanie Siegel), This Can't Be Life(Jay Z), Nothing Like It(Beanie Siegel), Take Over(Jay Z), Izzo(Jay Z), Girls Girls Girls Remix(Jay Z), Stand Up(Ludacris), Encore(Jay Z), Lucifer(Jay Z), You Don't Know My Name(Alicia Keys), Get By(Talib Kweli) Slow Jamz(Twista), Overnight Celebrity(Twista), Poppin Tags(Jay Z), All Falls Down, Space Ship, Jesus Walks, Get Em High, Through The Wire, Selfish(Slum Village), Down and Out(Cam'Ron), Dreams(The Game), Go(Common), Side 2 Side(Three 6 Mafia), Heard Em Say, Gold Digger, Drive Slow, Diamonds Are Forever, We Major, Impossible(Mission Impossible soundtrack III), Wouldn't Get Far(The Game), Still Dreaming(Nas), Grammy Family(Consequence), In The Mood(Talib Kweli), Good Morning, Champion, Stronger, I Wonder, Can't Tell Me Nothing, Flashing Lights, Homecoming, Big Brther(Co-Produced), Billie Jean 2008, Heartless, Love Lock Down, Amazing, Brooklyn Go Hard(Jay Z)

10. Diamond D of Beastie Boys

That's my list, feel free to diss it. No list is accurate or inaccurate.
    Last edited by Kevin Jesus; 06-12-2009, 10:18 AM.

I don't like the absence of Pete Rock on the list but none of your list really don't belong, except maybe Mannie Fresh is ranked too high and I think Daz is solidly at #4. Also I always liked DJ Pooh, Warren G, and Ant Banks, though Top 10 ever is probably too generous with them. Rick Rubin's also a name to throw out there.

Comment

Originally posted by neils7147933 View Post
      I don't like the absence of Pete Rock on the list but none of your list really don't belong, except maybe Mannie Fresh is ranked too high and I think Daz is solidly at #4. Also I always liked DJ Pooh, Warren G, and Ant Banks, though Top 10 ever is probably too generous with them. Rick Rubin's also a name to throw out there.
      I was looking at a lot of top 50's on Google and most of them had Rick Rubin, Pete Rock, Large Professor, and Ant Banks in their top 10 so you're right. But i wanted to make a list mixed with my era and the one's i like from the old skool all into a top 10 which is tough. Also MF Doom should be an honorable mention.

Comment

not a top 10, but some of my favorite producers in no particular order:

Havoc
        Danger Mouse
        MF DOOM
        Rza
        Madlib
        Stoupe
        J Dilla
        DJ Premiere
        Hi-Tek
        Prince Paul
        The Ummah
        Ant
        Alchemist
        El-P
        RJD2
        Diamond D
        Pete Rock
        Large Proffesor
        Peanut Butter Wolf
        DJ Vadim
        Kno
        Organized Noize
        Fat Jon
        Omid
        9th Wonder
        Daedelus
        Dj Shadow
        Just Blaze

check em out if you havent already

Comment

Rza
          Premier
          Pete Rock
          DJ Muggs
          Dr. Dre
          Large Professor
          Madlib
          El-P
          Jay Dee
          Prince Paul

Comment

Originally posted by GodzHand View Post
            Rza
            Premier
            Pete Rock
            DJ Muggs
            Dr. Dre
            Large Professor
            Madlib
            El-P
            Jay Dee
            Prince Paul
            Pete Rock, Dj Muggs and Large Professor always make a Top 10 list look good.

Comment

1. J Dilla (cannot be disputed, IMO. best hip hop producer of all time. period.)
              2. DJ Premier
              3. Pete Rock
              4. RZA
              5. 9th Wonder

and Madlib is close behind, with honorable mention to Exile who just needs a little more time. Black Milk is dope too. and let's not forget DJ Quik. i know Dre needs to be on there, i just don't personally love the dude.

Comment

Originally posted by MegStarr* View Post
                1. J Dilla (cannot be disputed, IMO. best hip hop producer of all time. period.)
                2. DJ Premier
                3. Pete Rock
                4. RZA
                5. 9th Wonder

and Madlib is close behind, with honorable mention to Exile who just needs a little more time. Black Milk is dope too. and let's not forget DJ Quik. i know Dre needs to be on there, i just don't personally love the dude.
                wow thats high praise to give 9th wonder a top 5 spot. I'm a big 9th wonder fan. I love 9th, but what about Havoc from Mobb Deep and kanye?

Comment

Originally posted by TRUTH View Post
                  wow thats high praise to give 9th wonder a top 5 spot. I'm a big 9th wonder fan. I love 9th, but what about Havoc from Mobb Deep and kanye?
                  oops forgot about Kanye
                  but yeah. 9th is in my top 5.
                  im a diehard Kanye fan too though.

Comment

Originally posted by MegStarr* View Post
                    oops forgot about Kanye
                    but yeah. 9th is in my top 5.
                    im a diehard Kanye fan too though.
                    9th is the only producer that i can listen to cds of just his instrumentals. i know that sounds weird, but his beats are very relaxing to listen to....real chilled out

Comment

Working...
                    X