best rapper in the late 90s and early 2000s

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alpha Ape View Post
    "Revolutionized the rap game"

Stan, go check yourself in to a clinic. You are a ****in moron. I have not seen you post a single thing that wasn't about Eminem and it is all delusional jibberish. Take this bull**** to Eminem.com or something, you can't hang in an intellectual rap conversation and don't know anything about hiphop all together.
    first of all, don't try to insult me because you can have a decent argument with me. second of all, you go back and check 1998 and 1999 again dumby. he did revolutionize the rap game. think about it, he's a white rapper, who rapped about his mom, drugs, his wife, columbine, the president, pop stars, political issues, and was very successful in doing this. he lead a movement in hiphop and was very successful in doing this. he was controversial, yet because he was white, it made it that much more cmpelling to hear his story. you'd have to be a fool, which you obviously are, not to see how he revolutionized rap. he didn't talk about jewels or cars or other subjects that were being talked about in rap songs at the time. he was different. don't insult me because you're the one in denial and don't know what you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
      Eminem's grating voice does matter, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT MUSIC! Music is about the way things sound. Secondly, about the only area that Eminem is not extremely overrrated is flow. His word play actually isn't that impressive when compared to, lets say, the word play of various members of the Wu Tang Clan. I also find his punclines to be usually silly and unimpressive. As far as "profound" is concerned...I don't see it.
      okay, think about what you're posting. you're typing in your little post that his voice is annoying to you. is it no deep enough for you? is it not raspy enough for you? who should he sound like? jay z, nas, dmx, cannibus? no i don't think so. he has his own sound and own unique voice. then you compare him to the wu-tang clan and his flow compared to theirs. em's flow is much better than rza's and em's voice isn't as annoying as rza's either. at least we can understand what em is saying. em's flow is better than method man's also imo, but it's a matter of taste. he could outrap any and everybody in the wu-tang clan also imo. yes, and that includes raekwon and ghostface, who sounds like he's whining when he raps. i think the best lyricist in wu-tang is raekwon even though ghostface is nice too, but raekwon is just an amazing lyricist with raw energy, and he couldn't hold a candle to eminem. you find his punchlines to be usually silly and unimpressive, well that's you, and again it's a matter of taste, but just because you find them to be silly doesn't mean they are. in fact, he doesn't use punchlines like a typical punchline artist does. he finds ways to put them in, in places that you wouldn't even think they could go. he's a smart son of a *****.

talk about the way things sound. when you hear an eminem song, whether you like the content of it or not, the song usually is put together masterfully. i don't care if he's rapping about a pop star, a puppet, his mom, or the president of the united states, his flow is brilliant, his rhyme scheme is brilliant, his energy is brilliant, his characters are compelling with their stories, and he is showing his fans and detractors just how much he loves rap music in his own way, and he is the best alive imo. but, res, i really don't think you ever listened to em's songs like that to be tryin gto argue with me. so, i really shouldn't waste my time arguing with you, because you have a one track mind on this subject, so it's like i'm arguing with a dumptruck, because the only feedback i get from you it recycled garbage, and that's what i'll continue to get from you and your new companion alpha boy. but, that's fine, because i post decent and logical arguments while you and your buddies post insults and nonsense. no amount of insults will make you look like you know what you're talking about, remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
        first of all, don't try to insult me because you can have a decent argument with me. second of all, you go back and check 1998 and 1999 again dumby. he did revolutionize the rap game. think about it, he's a white rapper, who rapped about his mom, drugs, his wife, columbine, the president, pop stars, political issues, and was very successful in doing this. he lead a movement in hiphop and was very successful in doing this. he was controversial, yet because he was white, it made it that much more cmpelling to hear his story. you'd have to be a fool, which you obviously are, not to see how he revolutionized rap. he didn't talk about jewels or cars or other subjects that were being talked about in rap songs at the time. he was different. don't insult me because you're the one in denial and don't know what you're talking about.
        Son, you are saying that someone rapping about his mom, drugs, pop stars and his wife is revolutionary?

When did you start listening to rap? 2 years ago?

I am almost inclined to bash you nonstop for your ignorance but I am now realizing that you just appear to be young and very naive. You are not a well schooled or knowledgable fan and you are simply ignorant to the whole essence of hip hop. You obviously know nothing about hiphop that predates 1998 because if you did you would never hold Feminem in such high regards. In fact you have shown that you know nothing about rap OTHER than Eminem. Calling him a good MC is one thing, but giving him the kind of accolades that you are is simply ****in absurd and immature.

Eminem doesnt break the top 25 MCs all time...You would know that if you knew more about hiphop and knew what other MCs were laying down way before his wackness. I would suggest doing some research...go out and buy some classic albums, listen to the REAL people that revolutionized rap. Go to the store and pick up 'Paid in Full', 'Long Live the Kane', 'Low End Theory', 'Mecca and the Soul Brother'...You need to reprogram your tainted thinking and learn about the history of this game before you say the ridiculous things that you do.

Comment

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
          yes, and what about it?
          it was pure garbage......

Comment

Son, you are saying that someone rapping about his mom, drugs, pop stars and his wife is revolutionary?

I am almost inclined to bash you nonstop for your ignorance but I am now realizing that you just appear to be young and very naive. You are not a well schooled or knowledgable fan and you are simply ignorant to the whole essence of hip hop. You obviously know nothing about hiphop that predates 1998 because if you did you would never hold Feminem in such high regards. In fact you have shown that you know nothing about rap OTHER than Eminem. Calling him a good MC is one thing, but giving him the kind of accolades that you are is simply ****in absurd and immature.

Eminem doesnt break the top 25 MCs all time...You would know that if you knew more about hiphop and knew what other MCs were laying down way before his wackness. I would suggest doing some research...go out and buy some classic albums, listen to the REAL people that revolutionized rap. Go to the store and pick up 'Paid in Full', 'Long Live the Kane', 'Low End Theory', 'Mecca and the Soul Brother'...You need to reprogram your tainted thinking and learn about the history of this game before you say the ridiculous things that you do.
            you're making me laugh with stuff like this. you're almost incline to bash my ignorance? hell, son, you minus well call me a ****** then, because your inclinations mean nothing to me. oh yeah, and that me being a young kid stuff is very old at this point. ask res and scrappy diggs, it got them nowhere. think before you type. he did revolutionize the rap game. think about it dumby, rap at that time was composed of lyrics about drug selling, hood life, jewels, bling bling, guns, and yada yada yada, tough talking, threatening people who hate on you, even people you never met. eminem revolutionzed(look up the term if you don't REALLY know what it means) with his style and word content, and controversial subjects. you have to really have had your eyes closed during his time on top of hiphop. so, implying on your part, that he didn't revolutionize the game followed by a barage name calling towards him and i shows me that you have a blind hatred towards him, and your hatred for him allows you to make posts like you have made thus far. look at all my posts previous to this one and then yours again. it's no competition, all of my posts are respectable and fair, because, although they are just opinions on my part, i also give facts and logical reasoning to them, so i really don't have to respond too much in depth with this post response to you. you, on the other hand, have had posts with insults and name calling. then you throw in a little opinion that you pass as fact to try to make your post look reasonable, but in reality it's just like all of your previous posts, recycled garbage. try to analyze my posts a little better than you have so far, and really sit down and type in a respectable argument, because even the most jaded eminem hater who really knows hiphop can see that eminem did revolutionize the rap game, and changed how a good lyricist was viewed at the time, not just by tough talk and punchlines and metaphors about their hood or guns or drug selling or whatever. em talked about taking drugs like pills and mushrooms and touched on subjects like ****sexualality and pop stars and killing his wife and other celebrities, and other off the wall subjects that many black rappers wouldn't dare touch on, and he still got the respect as a amazing lyricist. also, with songs like stan, which was something new and fresh seeing as he was talking from a fan's point of view showed his versatility as an artist/lyricist, and it was so different and compelling, and helped in him revlolutionizing rap. ask rakim, krs 1, method man, jay z, nas, dre, snoop, big daddy kane, and i'm not promising, but i'm pretty sure they would say he revolutionzied hiphop, i'm willing to bank on it. also, with him being a white, respected successful solo rap artist(unlike vanilla ice and mark walhberg who were not respected), there was no other choice but for him to revolutionize rap dumb ass. he was so respected as an mc when he was on top and still is, and that was tough to be at the time, and he changed that viewpoint, because after vanilla ice, i'm sure many never saw a white rapper making it in hiphop, and eminem did. he was more revolutionary than you'll ever know. i don't usually put this into my posts, but i you in my previous post and i'm owning you now(just though i'd let you know in case you don't). i'm not taking anything away from pave setters like big daddy kane, tupac, biggie, krs 1, slick rick, ll cool j, big l, even jay z or nas(and i'm not saying that they didn't revolutionize rap music), i'm just giving eminem the credit he rightfully deserves imo. you, on the other note, are insulting his legacy and his name with no logial reasoning to show for it, only with, "all he raps about is his mom, drugs, and pop stars, and his music is whack."(you really need to go out and do some research, because if you really know hiphop like you claim you do, you would know that em's has songs other than killing his wife, taking drugs, and pop stars). i know that all of this may sound a little familiar to you, maybe because i already posted it in post prior to this one, so in other words, you're just proving my points, and in a way, i'm glad you're responding to my posts like you are. you see, res and scrappy diggs tried the same thing you're trying, to argue with insults and they attempted to expalin that i know little to nothing about hiphop, and it got them nowhere just like it's getting you.

i never disregarded other hiphop moguls and legends nor was it my intention to do so(go back and actually read my posts, no matter how boring it may be due to it's length). you just so happen to take it that way, mainly because you couldn't argue in a respectable and adult manner, and instead decided to put words in my posts that i never typed in.

you know what gets me about many of you people on this forum when it comes to eminem. i've read a lot of comments from you "hiphop historians" explaining how eminem fell of with encore. "he fell off, he's not the same, he's not this anymore, he's not that anymore, he's not as nice as he was on the mmlp and the eminem show or the sslp." and then you guys post **** like all he really rapped about was drugs, pop stars, his wife, and mother, so he's not an all time great because of this, which he rapped about in depth in all three of those albums. and, in reading all of this, i wonder, what did he ever put out that you people really liked, if anything? i mean, from what i've read so far, you guys are contradictary kings. i've read so many contradictions, that even if you stopped now, it wouldn't even matter, because by then, i'd be so confused by you people's logic. it's not hard to poke holes in your logic alphalpha ape. next time you respond back to me, please make it look at least decent enought to make you want to respond back to my response to your next response to me, because i know you'll respond back to me again after you read this, which you won't know how to top this anyway, but nonetheless, i'm sure you'll try. be my guest, as i will never stop arguing against you and whoever else wants to argue with me, because unlike you, i don't need insults to get my point across. let's see what you got for me, little boy.

oh yeah, and here's a bunch of songs that em rarely to never touched on his mother, wife, drugs, and pop stars:
            313, love me, one day at a time, jealousy woes, rap game, lose yourself, assassins, murder murder, renegades, most shady(off biggie duets), soldier, white america, square dance, mocusa, till i collapse, still don't give a ****, mosh, like toy soldiers, stan, the way i am, remember me, rock bottom, we as americans, dream for the moment, rabbit run, quitter(i had to put one in, he just destroyed everlast with this one), nail in the coffin, emulate, patiently waiting, hail mary(diss to ja rule), bumpheads, i remember, hey lady, stimlulate, warriors remix, got it twisted freestyle, never knew i(now i know he mentioned drugs and ****sexuals in this song but only briefly), no apologies, you don't know, gatman and robin, welcome to d-block, revelation, **** can happen, i'm a pyscho remix featuring b-real, ***** please II, yellow brick road, just to name o few.
            Last edited by pbftxrs316; 03-07-2007, 10:31 PM.

Comment

No offence but dont tell somebody they know nothing about Hip Hop then say Eminem isnt in the top 25 mc's.

And Eminem did revoloutinarise rap. I dont get why all these people hate on him. In my opinion Eminem brought every emotion into rap.

People like you piss me off. Dont tell somebody they dont know anything about rap just because Eminem is one of their favourite rappers. You wont get head off these underground mc's for hating on Eminem.

Comment

Originally posted by Naz-Fan View Post
                No offence but dont tell somebody they know nothing about Hip Hop then say Eminem isnt in the top 25 mc's.

And Eminem did revoloutinarise rap. I dont get why all these people hate on him. In my opinion Eminem brought every emotion into rap.

People like you piss me off. Dont tell somebody they dont know anything about rap just because Eminem is one of their favourite rappers. You wont get head off these underground mc's for hating on Eminem.
                Naz, you are up there with your boy Pbx. Young foolish Eminem scrotum riders. Yall are a funny breed, like an infestation on hiphop message boards all over the internet. And all of you are like 18 years old. Stan just wrote a ****in hour long novel about his idol and just skimming through it really made me chuckle. Its so asinine and immature, theres nothing I could possibly say to shut him up. Its a man arguing with a boy, no other way to put it.

Eminem didn't revolutionize a god damn thing ****s. Thats THE dumbest **** I've heard, thats low even for Eminem fans. Hes not in Top 25. I can name 25 MCs better than him. EASILY. You probably can't even name 25 MCs period. Leave this to the professionals please. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by The Fix View Post
                  it was pure garbage......
                  so, seeing as it was pure garbage in your opinion and i'm sure a lot of other people's opinions, this one album that you didn't like made eminem fall off. and what about this album made it different from all of his other albums. should he have rapped about the same subjects that he did in his other albums, like taking drugs, killing his wife, raping and killing his mother, dissing pop stars, talking about his influence on white suburban kids, dissing bill clinton, dissing lauryn hill, giving dre props, talking about how he made it in rap? because to many people on here, these subjects are already too much for them. so, he raps about something different and tries to open people's eyes with songs like toy soldiers and mosh and yellow brick road, while keeping his silly charcter persona with songs like ass like that, no legs, and just lose it, and you probably mainly focused on the goofy songs and judged him off of those songs alone. you see, eminem has never been or is not afraid to touch on subjects that other rappers wouldn't dare touch on, because he is a white artist and he can get away with this while still being a respected and well liked lyricist. then he raps like a thug, and he gets criticized. he tries to change his persona, and he gets criticized. but, with his fearless approach with controverisial songs like no legs in which he touched on christopher reeves who had died not too long before that, he still showcased the eminem and slim shady of of the sslp and mmlp where he touched on dead celebrities like sonny bono and versace. i mean, so this couldn't have been the reason why you claim he fell off. or could it? or could the fact that his flow was a little different from his previous albums be the reason why you claimed he fell off? remember, when he was made the mmlp, he had much more subjects to rap about that affected him then he did with encore, even though he tried to clear his past with the racist tape fiasco about black women and the black race as a whole, and the war and george bush, and the beef he participated in, and how he tried to stop the beef before it went too far. maybe the fact that in his previous beefs, he never tried to squash it, and the fact that he did wit like toy soldiers made him look soft to you. i don't know. i have to wait for some more feedback from you, not just it was garbage. explain to me why you thought it was garbage. let's have a mature and respectable discussin about this if you want to, because i'm game. i won't try to **** on you like res, scrappy diggs, and alpha ape trued to do with me. this is what this forum is about anyway, you know?

Comment

Have you been taught the concept of tabs, spacing and paragraphs?

Comment

Naz, you are up there with your boy Pbx. Young foolish Eminem scrotum riders. Yall are a funny breed, like an infestation on hiphop message boards all over the internet. And all of you are like 18 years old. Stan just wrote a ****in hour long novel about his idol and just skimming through it really made me chuckle. Its so asinine and immature, theres nothing I could possibly say to shut him up. Its a man arguing with a boy, no other way to put it.

Eminem didn't revolutionize a god damn thing ****s. Thats THE dumbest **** I've heard, thats low even for Eminem fans. Hes not in Top 25. I can name 25 MCs better than him. EASILY. You probably can't even name 25 MCs period. Leave this to the professionals please. Thanks.
                      What the ****? Dont come with that bull**** to me. I'm only 17 but I grew up on hip hop music and thats worldwide hip hop music not Young Jeezy and T.I or whoever the **** you listen to. I dont give a **** if Immortal had wrote Stan you would be on your knees saying how it was the best song ever. In my opinion that **** was smart.

Try name me 25 commercial mc's better than Eminem. The simple fact is you cant because for a commercial mc he had skills. Eminem brought hip hop to a new audience, that is revoloutianary.

Dont try and undermine my hip hop knowledge you ignorant prick when you dont even know me.

Comment

Working...
                      X