Reviewing Netflix latest Woke Fest: The Old Guard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m too lazy to stay woke

I need cliff notes or if you at cal UC berk. Black lighting
    I really do get this BLM Kunta bull gogi (Korean)

No body be holding anyone down

To hold people down takes a lot of energy

Comment

Originally posted by Qbox View Post
      I never said 'chernobyl' wasn't a good show and although I haven't watched it, I agree with what you said about 'Queen of Scots" but your spiel on the chernobyl character didn't make any sense.
      Think of it like in Narcos, how there are real life characters (sicarios) and also made up ones (made up sicarios). It's still based off real life but liberties are taken to create a cohesive tv show.

The 2 main good guys in Chernobyl had (in real life) multiple people who aided and assisted them but none of them major enough to have a role in the show. The woman fictional character represents every one of these smaller 'good' characters who helped the 2 main guys along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
        Think of it like in Narcos, how there are real life characters (sicarios) and also made up ones (made up sicarios). It's still based off real life but liberties are taken to create a cohesive tv show.

The 2 main good guys in Chernobyl had (in real life) multiple people who aided and assisted them but none of them major enough to have a role in the show. The woman fictional character represents every one of these smaller 'good' characters who helped the 2 main guys along the way.
        I understand your point but to make this 'amalgation' type character into a woman who happens to be smarter than all the men, really? Also to make the character female in the 80's Soviet Union, is pretty stupid and not realistic, it was still very male dominated and not very open.

Comment

Originally posted by Qbox View Post
          I understand your point but to make this 'amalgation' type character into a woman who happens to be smarter than all the men, really? Also to make the character female in the 80's Soviet Union, is pretty stupid and not realistic, it was still very male dominated and not very open.
          Yeah it made sense to me as by making her female it made it more obvious that it was a fictional character for the reasons you mentioned.

If they had a guy with exactly the same script/role/lines instead it would imo have been more confusing for the viewers (power authority woman in 80s Soviet Union lol) and some would have been confused and thought it was a 'real' person like the 2 main guys who were actually real characters.

Her being smarter than all the men was fine as imo she represented the combined viewpoints/ideals of say 25 other people (lets say 23 male and 2 female) who collectively would have been smarter/better than any 1 real person.

I mean, if HBO actually tried to pretend like she was a real person I'd be mad but I thought the implementation in Chernobyl was ok and the show overall was quality and have her in there didn't negatively impact my enjoyment on it. They took other liberties as well with what actually happened but I thought the show overall was great.

I honestly had more issues in a purely fictional piece (star wars last jedi for example) where they bring in a female character and inexplicably make her faster, stronger, smarter, more moral etc than all the male characters just because than I had with how Chernobyl was made. The historical footage in Chernobyl added a lot to the show imo.

We can agree to disagree on the merits/qualities of Chernobyl but at least we both agree that forced diversity can GtFO

I think we are fundamentally in agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            Netflix recently bought Cobra Kai.

I'm praying they don't destroy that great series.
            Right! Easily one of the best comebacks in history. I had low expectations. Couldn’t believe how good of a job they did.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
              Yeah it made sense to me as by making her female it made it more obvious that it was a fictional character for the reasons you mentioned.

If they had a guy with exactly the same script/role/lines instead it would imo have been more confusing for the viewers (power authority woman in 80s Soviet Union lol) and some would have been confused and thought it was a 'real' person like the 2 main guys who were actually real characters.

Her being smarter than all the men was fine as imo she represented the combined viewpoints/ideals of say 25 other people (lets say 23 male and 2 female) who collectively would have been smarter/better than any 1 real person.

I mean, if HBO actually tried to pretend like she was a real person I'd be mad but I thought the implementation in Chernobyl was ok and the show overall was quality and have her in there didn't negatively impact my enjoyment on it. They took other liberties as well with what actually happened but I thought the show overall was great.

I honestly had more issues in a purely fictional piece (star wars last jedi for example) where they bring in a female character and inexplicably make her faster, stronger, smarter, more moral etc than all the male characters just because than I had with how Chernobyl was made. The historical footage in Chernobyl added a lot to the show imo.

We can agree to disagree on the merits/qualities of Chernobyl but at least we both agree that forced diversity can GtFO

I think we are fundamentally in agreement.
              Yeah, it's all good mate, fundamentally we are on the same team 😁.

Comment

It sounds pretty accurate. The straight male is 100% focused on immortality and curing cancer. Probably wants a space colony too.

The "social justice crew" fear what they never took the time to understand and stomp all over it, dance on a car hood amidst the burning rubble, proclaim themselves heroes, eventually die of cancer.

On their dead beds they raise their "power fists" and blame the straight male for not inventing immortality yet.

He gave up 20 years ago & withdrew from society because they kept throwing feces at him and accusing him of being a wizard.

I give this subliminal redpill movie 5 stars.
                Last edited by ////; 08-05-2020, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X