No announcement yet.

Top 5 Greatest Comedians

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 5 Greatest Comedians

I’m a big time stand up comic fan, and being so I have to ask y’all who you’d place in your top 5?

My list:

1)Dave Chappelle
    Consistency, originality, longevity. Thought provoking and revealing. His jokes were so clever and hilarious that he never needed to act animated to pull them off.
    After his last couple specials, I believe he’s the GOAT.

2)George Carlin
    What can I say? Probably one of the wisest individuals to ever
    come through Hollywood or this planet in general. Highly authentic and just flat out logical. His jokes were merely him stating facts that made absolute sense yet were also absolutely hilarious. I would place him at #1, but Chappelle consistency and longevity I believe pushes him past Carlin. Towards the end Carlin’s material started to become just an old grumpy man shtick.

3)Chris Rock
    Of all the loud and animated comics this guy was the best. His material was always A1.
    All his specials were standout classics.

4)Eddie Murphy
    Absolute riot. Provocative.
    Dirty raunchy comedy and entertaining AF.

5)Kevin Hart
    Most people won’t put him on a list like this and they’ll credit his recognition in part to his recent massive success.
    But that’s exactly why I place him in top 5. He’s literally selling out arenas and he’s one of the most popular, longest lasting, movie star, and biggest(no pun intended) comics to ever do it. And his material also, has you pissing your pants.

Discuss and debate!

No particular order... Dave Chappelle, Martin lawerence, Bill burr, Kevin Hart, Richard Pryor

Comment

Quality list, but I would put Pryor at 3 and remove Hart. Pryor influenced every comic after him, he was a genuine trendsetter.

Comment

1) Eddie Murphy
        2) Richard Pryor
        3) Abott and Costello
        4) Laurel and Hardy

This is UFC at it's best.

Comment

What, no Lennie Bruce? What about Rodney Dangerfield?

Comment

George Carlin
            Sam Kinison
            Patrice O’Neil
            Colin Quinn
            Richard Pryor

Comment

Richard Pryor
              Eddie Murphy
              George Carlin
              Louis CK
              Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                George Carlin
                Sam Kinison
                Patrice O’Neil
                Colin Quinn
                Richard Pryor
                Patrice O'neal was so darn funny. Sucks he passed away cause I would of loved to hear his take on how re-tarded and PC this world has become. I went to a live show of his after returning from a tour in Afghanistan, I was front row and this dude had me in tears laughing

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  Patrice O'neal was so darn funny. Sucks he passed away cause I would of loved to hear his take on how re-tarded and PC this world has become. I went to a live show of his after returning from a tour in Afghanistan, I was front row and this dude had me in tears laughing
                  Yeah we missed out on some great material if he were still around. He was great in The Office too.

Comment

Louis CK #1 for me

Unless you're talking strictly as a writer, because Larry David is a genius

Comment

Working...
                    X