Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF Im pre-diabetic any of you are too?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] WTF Im pre-diabetic any of you are too?

WTF? So I just got the results of my blood tests and I'm pre-diabetic!!!???

I thought you had to be a fatty to be pre-diabetic. I've been slacking on my work outs and cardio for sure but never knew I'd be PD!

I guess the Hemoglobin A1C was 6.1 for me.

5.7 to 6.4 is Prediabetes

over 6.4 is Diabetes!

WTF???

So doctors saying I gotta lose weight, each more plant based meals, more fish.

Anybody else in a similar boat? Or any tips? Suggestions?

I saw if you eat avocado, garlic, kiwi, lemon, eggs, even popcorn helps!

Fish, eggs, peanuts, theyre high in the omega 3's so go for that type of fat over too much animal fats, lower your carb intake, dont have to quit them, but try halfing your portion of carbs on your plate,and near double the amount of greens.

Try not to drink too much milk, maybe half that intake too, milk actually does effect your insulin levels unfavourably which can contribute towards type 2 diabetes.

Thats all i can think off the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post

I thought you had to be a fatty to be pre-diabetic. I've been slacking on my work outs and cardio for sure but never knew I'd be PD!

over 6.4 is Diabetes!

WTF???

Actually some ratings have diabetic at 6.0

You're diabetic, player.

My fat ass is 5.9 I'm pre.

Comment

Avoid sugars, like Coke and candies.

Alot of fruit juices have a ton of sugar too.

Comment

over 6.4 is Diabetes!

WTF???

Alcohol. Downsize your intake and your numbers will change for the better.

Comment

Lots of exercise and watch your diet. Stay away from the meds they will want to prescribe for you. You can definitely beat this.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPb4w9fXbWY

Comment

Clean up your lifestyle and diet and you'll get back to normal levels.

Comment

research intermittent fasting it has some good results with lowering insulin resistance.

Also get a monitor and see when and where u r high as the a1 is just an average it doesn't necessarily mean you're getting dangerous high levels, but testing regularly for a few weeks will give u an idea of what sets it off and at what times, everybody is different.

also don't be afraid to take metformin if your DR says to, its one of the safest, cheapest drugs going around and research is showing it has all kinds of benefits from weight loss to reduced risk of heart disease and cancer.
                  Last edited by Furn; 02-18-2020, 09:12 PM.

Comment

over 6.4 is Diabetes!

WTF???

The way the monitering works can be complicated... a lot of people just chimed in with good advice. Ideally you want a doctor who will moniter you and not start prescribing things just yet... With that said metaformin, apparently is a very good drug according to reliable sources. It does tend to balance blood sugar well with little to no side effects. I have heard it also is good for other systems in the body, including blood pressure.

Blood sugar is complicated! For example... I have arthritis and a couple of times I got an infection and fever...My blood sugar went through the roof. They thought I was diabetic, to the point where they prepared me to take shots of insulin. BUT my blood sugar went down and was caused by the infection. I also used to get low blood sugar all the time.

This is why you need to get more information about these readings. Blood sugar is one of those things that some people tolerate at a higher level than others...So you will not know if you have a problem always.

In your situation I would look at Metaformin, discuss it with your doc and research it. Aside from that I would do lifestyle changes and moniter the situation.

CAUTION: one thing to be aware of is if you do take any meds life insurance goes up. So if you are purchasing life insurance, do so before you start any routine with metaformin, or any other drug.

Comment

Working...
                    X