Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Divorce Rates Are Down And Have Been Decreasing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
    Good observation, pauper. I'm only a few years out of high school and I already have a good amount of friends/acquaintances that have gotten married. Best to them for "finding love" young, but they ain't all happy... more specifically, some of them have drastically changed.

i wojld murder you with my thumbs.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
      New England torched your ass mayne, he torched you. Boy said your funky ass cant read a graph
      Scoring Gotcha! points online isnt really something to cheer on people for.

Of course that is partially Jim's fault, as I've told him several times he shouldn't allow pathetic Gotcha! players to post in and thus gum up his threads with such nonsense.

Comment

yea, because less people are getting married and more people are gay or just whores

Comment

not sure why people posts graphs and take it as a fact..there are a lot of variances that go into facts...

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            Are the number of new marriages roughly constant over this period of time?

Anyway that's interesting.. my guess as to why this is happening would be that people don't feel the need to enter marriage as soon as possible like previous generations did. They are likely holding out for the right person / circumstances more than before.

Seems that way from my experiences anyway, I'm in my late 20s and most of my friends are unmarried.
            The source citation went into that. It also clearly stated it was citing the divorce "rate", not numbers of divorces. And that number is falling, for the reasons given in the article.

I think Jim got the graph from a different source, as I didn't see it in his source citation (maybe I missed it). That may explain the discrepancy (and the source of the stupid Gotcha! points).

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              that looks like a graph of total divorces. thread title is very misleading.

"divorce rate" would be the rate of divorces / total marriages. my generation, for many reasons, is not getting married as young as the boomers. i'm 32. most of my friends are unmarried.

my married friends are miserable f#Cks for the most part. seems like the onlytime they have any real humanity is when they're away from their wives and kids.
              Saying that divorce rates are down and have been decreasing and then posting a graph that shows exactly that is not a misleading thread title.

Comment

Not as many people getting married these days. Simple logic.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                  Saying that divorce rates are down and have been decreasing and then posting a graph that shows exactly that is not a misleading thread title.
                  It not divorce rates that are down

Divorces are down.

There is a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by FredRekk View Post
                    Not as many people getting married these days. Simple logic.
                    Less marriages dont affect the divorce rate.

I'd suggest you yourself learn simple logic (and math) before smarting off.

Comment

Looks like cuckoldry turned out to be the best thing that happened to marriage since invention of a prenup after all.

Comment

Working...
                      X