No announcement yet.

Texas teacher under fire for telling Hispanic student to ‘speak English’

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
    Obviously (the bold). Heck, there are entire ethnic communities that enclose themselves from the outside world. When they are forced to venture outside, there is a total breakdown of communication. Americans are forced to try and understand them instead of vice versa.

When dealing with personal shlt, speak what you want.
    When dealing with a specific setting (classroom, work or if someone is speaking to you in English), speak English. Don't be that one person trying to cause a ruckus.

Americans who go to foreign countries to live and neglect to learn the new language I'm sure are treated like the fools that they are. Why should it be different here ?

Most cyber forums, communication is in English.
    Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    No one said you can’t speak Spanish among family and friends. And yes, he official language of this country is English. In a classroom setting these kids are barely literate in their first language, let alone English.
    Except you can't according to the white racists.

How many videos are there where people are getting harassed, bullied, and threatened to get ICE called on them simply for speaking Spanish? People getting threatened, not because they were having a hard time with some sales merchant, but simply because they were having a private conversation. How many?

Again, exactly what law is someone breaking for speaking Spanish, privately with friends/relatives, in a public setting?

I'm all for people learning the language if they're in this country and dealing with customers or clients. My issue is with the racist whites that want to get in your business just because you look and sound diff than them.

And no, English is not the official language of the United States. It's the most commonly used but not the official.

Besides, like I said before, it's a hate, fear mongering issue with racist whites, have the same people complaining about Spanish speakers around people speaking German, Polish, etc, I guarantee there would be no issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post

How many videos are there where people are getting harassed, bullied, and threatened to get ICE called on them simply for speaking Spanish? People getting threatened, not because they were having a hard time with some sales merchant, but simply because they were having a private conversation. How many?

Again, exactly what law is someone breaking for speaking Spanish, privately with friends/relatives, in a public setting?

I'm all for people learning the language if they're in this country and dealing with customers or clients. My issue is with the racist whites that want to get in your business just because you look and sound diff than them.

And no, English is not the official language of the United States. It's the most commonly used but not the official.

Besides, like I said before, it's a hate, fear mongering issue with racist whites, have the same people complaining about Spanish speakers around people speaking German, Polish, etc, I guarantee there would be no issue.
      At least I'm not racist. I hear mofos speaking a foreign language, and I don't care what color they are, I think they plotting sheit.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post

I stated my take on it and I believe we are both in an agreement. Under certain and specific situations, English (or whatever language is being spoken) is expected to be spoken.

Let's say a person is ordering food and speaks a foreign language, I'd tell that person to speak English too and wouldn't care if someone tweeted me as being a racist (if I'm the cashier).

How do you live in a place and not know the language ?!?

Comment

Working...
        X