No announcement yet.

NFL closer to 17 game regular season

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    I didn't say I was against. I'm just saying it's not in any way to enhance the game. They don't earn as much for pre-season games, so it makes sense to have less pre-season and more regular season games. They are also trying to expand their brand overseas and bring more games over there. The problem with the NFL is their ever-expanding rule book that rivals the U.S. tax code. Officials are too big a part of the game, too many commercial time-outs, overpaid players with diva complex, and the cost to go to a game is outrageous. Lots of empty seats in these tax-payer funded colossal stadiums.
    Reminds me of what former Gov Jesse Ventura said when the Vikings wanted to tear down their old stadium...the one that had basically a balloon roof: We don't tear down 25 yr old schools, we're not tearing down a 25 yr old stadium. They got their new stadium anyway.

The Rangers 25 yr old stadium is not being torn down. It's being used by the new football league, a soccer league, and other events like the recent Billy Joel concert. Voters in Arlington approved extending the sales and hotel taxes in November 2016 to fund the new stadium; I don't know how much if any the Rangers ownership put up.

To Jerry Jones' credit, he put in hundreds of millions for the COwboys stadium. He pays rent of $2mill/year and he gets all revenue (!) but pays operating costs. Arlington owns it; he rents it and has a option to buy it (a typical oil industry type thing).

Comment

As long as they pay the players for 17 games and the players agree.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        17 is a stupid number.
        That was my number playing youth hockey, also a lucky number.

Well, that or 13............................Rockin' Rattle Snake

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' Rattle Snake View Post

That was my number playing youth hockey, also a lucky number.

Well, that or 13............................Rockin' Rattle Snake
          Lucky 17?

Comment

Working...
          X