Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 MLB World Series Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yankees move on to ALCS with a sweep of the Twins.

Astros/Rays here we come. Most likely Astros. Verlander pitches tomorrow, that should be a W for the Astros unless Verlander is way too tired due to short rest.

Comment

Does anyone else think the Yankees will beat the Astros? I do, I don't know why the Astros are considered a prohibitive favorite. The Yankees offense is very powerful and their bullpen is excellent. As for the Dodgers, sigh anything can happen in game 5, a very uncomfortable situation. I hope we pull it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
        I just don't see the Dodgers as dangerous. Yes, they have three excellent starting pitchers, but their bull pen has been atrocious (tied for second most blown saves in MLB) and the post season now is all about the bull pen. If you don't believe me, see the Washington Nationals. They have one great hitter (Bellinger), two or three very good hitters, and the rest are meh. They are 6th in MLB in fielding; good but not great.

Either the Yanks or Astros will crush them in 5 games.
        The American League is also tougher. Mediocre teams in the AL can beat up on the Dodgers. For example the Angels, who sucked this year, owned the Dodgers. Out of 7 games they beat them 5 times. The Angels weren’t even a wild card contender. Vs an injured and incomplete Yankees team, in the same amount of games, Yankees won 5 games to 2 vs the Angels.

I’m not complaining though, Yankees vs Dodgers bring it on. Should be a WS win for the Yankees. That is why all the drama is on Yankees vs Astros. That is the most anticipated series of the playoffs. That’s the boogieman of MLB. Now if the Rays can eliminate them for us, that would be great but I doubt it. And I rather play the easier Nats, but I don’t think they will beat the Dodgers. If they do, shame on LAD for that.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          The American League is also tougher. Mediocre teams in the AL can beat up on the Dodgers. For example the Angels, who sucked this year, owned the Dodgers. Out of 7 games they beat them 5 times. The Angels weren’t even a wild card contender. Vs an injured and incomplete Yankees team, in the same amount of games, Yankees won 5 games to 2 vs the Angels.

I’m not complaining though, Yankees vs Dodgers bring it on. Should be a WS win for the Yankees. That is why all the drama is on Yankees vs Astros. That is the most anticipated series of the playoffs. That’s the boogieman of MLB. Now if the Rays can eliminate them for us, that would be great but I doubt it. And I rather play the easier Nats, but I don’t think they will beat the Dodgers. If they do, shame on LAD for that.
          I GUARANTEE you MLB officials are praying for an LA-NY series because of the TV revenue it would bring.

Comment

I GUARANTEE you MLB officials are praying for an LA-NY series because of the TV revenue it would bring.
            Of course lol. As far as tv goes, NY vs LA is what will bring in the views. As far as also bringing in casual fans to watch the WS, it’s also NY vs LA.

But as far as just baseball, people who follow baseball all year round (of try to)...everyone knows Yankees vs Astros is the real battle between who the best is of 2019. The ALCS will determine the winner. The WS is just a formality this year, it has to take place.

Comment

Rays are forcing a game 5 with the Astros. This is good. Even if the Astros win, the Rays are softening that rotation/bullpen up for us. If the Rays win, they’re an easier opponent than the Rays, although still very tough.

Comment

Astros were sleeping on the Ray's. You got Verlander? We got Morton. You got Cole? We got Cy Young winner Blake Snell. Plus a lights out bullpen. Astros are better hitters but tonight they were overmatched. Final game should be a classic.

Lol the Dodgers may fall too! Tampa Bay-DC series?

Comment

Astros were sleeping on the Ray's. You got Verlander? We got Morton. You got Cole? We got Cy Young winner Blake Snell. Plus a lights out bullpen. Astros are better hitters but tonight they were overmatched. Final game should be a classic.

Lol the Dodgers may fall too! Tampa Bay-DC series?
                  Blake Snell is bad ass. Really been impressed with him and I'm a Dodgers fan, but honestly, if the Rays take it, cool. I love seeing franchises finally get their title. Just like the Raptors and Blues earlier this year.

Comment

Cardinals dropped 10 runs on Atlanta.....in the first inning!

Comment

Cardinals dropped 10 runs on Atlanta.....in the first inning!
                      13-0 in just the third inning! Haha. Man, this is nuts.

Comment

Working...
                      X