No announcement yet.

NYC bicyclists are killing pedestrians and the city won’t stop it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC bicyclists are killing pedestrians and the city won’t stop it

These cyclists are azzholes. I had two taking up an entire lane today. Honked at their dumbasses and they went into a rage.

Mayor Bill de Blasio has aggressively pushed a bike-friendly agenda, adding about 100 miles of dedicated lanes for cyclists amid a spike in rider collisions, but he’s done little to address the danger that bikers themselves pose.

Since 2011, bicyclists have injured more than 2,250 pedestrians — including at least seven who died — according to stats from the city Department of Transportation and published reports.

Injuries are up 12 percent this year, rising to 127 through June 30 from 113 over the same period in 2018, the NYPD says.

Most of the injured last year were in Manhattan, where 134 pedestrians got hurt, nearly half the citywide total of 270.

Flatiron/Gramercy Park’s 13th Precinct topped the list with 16 injuries, followed by Chinatown/Little Italy with 13, and lower Manhattan with 12. There were 10 on the Upper West Side.

Although data show the number of hurt pedestrians dipped from 315 in 2017 to 270 last year, roughly 300 people a year have been hurt by cyclists since the city began tracking such accidents in 2011, including a high of 361 injuries in 2015 and three deaths in 2014.

Two pedestrians have been killed so far this year.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/31/nyc-bi...-wont-stop-it/

The cops need to keep a closer eye on cyclists is all. I'm frequently in Manhattan and I'd say more than half of the cyclists that I observe have no regard for traffic law whatsoever. Of course the drivers are bad but cyclists can attempt to pull off more dangerous stunts because they're so much smaller.

On the other hand, pedestrians are also pretty bad and obnoxious.

I hate driving through Manhattan, such a fuckin nightmare. Who's brilliant idea was it to make a narrow Island the center of everything? Brooklyn is second worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      The cops need to keep a closer eye on cyclists is all. I'm frequently in Manhattan and I'd say more than half of the cyclists that I observe have no regard for traffic law whatsoever. Of course the drivers are bad but cyclists can attempt to pull off more dangerous stunts because they're so much smaller.

On the other hand, pedestrians are also pretty bad and obnoxious.

I hate driving through Manhattan, such a fuckin nightmare. Who's brilliant idea was it to make a narrow Island the center of everything? Brooklyn is second worst.
      I hate driving in NYC. It has become way over saturated now. Yes, dumb pedestrians always looking down at their phones certainly doesn’t help, but those cyclists are arrogant and think they own the roads.

Comment

I work in midtown Manhattan, and everyday i go to work i have a few close encounters with a cyclist. I swear if one hits me and im not too ****ed up from it, they are getting dragged off their bike and beaten to a pulp.

Comment

if a cyclist hits me in Tokyo, they are fxxxed. they will have to pay me damages, and the cops will be all over them.

if a car bumps me, I get paid more.

some gangsters specialize in getting tapped by cars, and getting paid to avoid calling the cops, and complicating things.

Comment

I call them cyclo-terrorists. They think their sheit dont stink because they are on a bike an "green" and you suck because you're in a car driven by a fossil fuel engine.

Ive been in cabs in London where bikers swerve in front of cabs without even looking.

And dont get me started on thosed god damned scooter rentals. A freaking nightmare they are.

Comment

Guys who get suited up in the tour de france spandex then ride around on totally flat city streets at 5 mph are so depressing. Keep your embarrassing roleplaying **** at home.

Comment

Working...
              X