No announcement yet.

The Face of Every Mass shooter in the USA in 2019

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
    FBI's definition since 2013 is 3 or more people shot in a public place, right on it's website, unless you can point to me that it doesn't include gang shootings and stuff like that.

The link that you provided in your other post also has these different definitions of mass shootings:

Whatever, that meme is pretty correct in that it lists mass shootings as 4 or more people shot, that is the correct definition by most standards.

But anyways I'll let you have the last word, since I dont really feel like playing a game of attrition. You can have the last Gotcha! moment.
    So a bunch of left wing websites criteria is if you shoot a massive amount of people at once and aren't black you're a mass shooter.

Blacks are dominating the mass shooter category like it was the NBA.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
      Seek and you shall find.

From Homeland Security:
      Thank you for the clarification and source. I have to say I disagree with the FBI on this.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification and source. I have to say I disagree with the FBI on this.
        It's no problem.

Your definition is very broad, and that's fine. If you want to strictly talk about mass shootings, then sure, include everything. If I kill 4 family members with a gun, you can say there was a mass shooting at my home. You aren't wrong, and that is fine.

But what you are falling for is that the meme is being purposely broad to fit an agenda. This is not the sentiment that most bring up when it comes to this issue, which is why me killing my family members would be excluded from the FBI study. It's more like how Snopes described it:

incidents in which an attacker with no links to terrorism, criminal gangs, or organized crime goes out into a public area and fatally shoots multiple people.

But gang violence is a problem (with different dimensions and different solutions than other mass shootings--another reason it is often separated), as well as other mass shootings being a problem. What we should be concerned with is the solution to gun violence, not the race of the perpetrator.
        Last edited by travestyny; 08-08-2019, 02:41 AM.

Comment

He didn't clarify anything. Active shooter and mass shooter does not have the same definition by the FBI.

Comment

Surprisingly diverse...

But this is fact based. No difference made in what they did, just the amount of victims

Comment

It depends on the institution, most seems like they don't exclude gang activity or terrorism, I provided that in the last post. The ones that excludes terrorism or gang related shootings seems stupid. A terrorist mass murdering almost 138 people with guns and injuring 400 in Paris in 2015, definiitely qualifies as a mass shooting under common sense. Why should that be any different than the El Paso massacre? Both qualifies as a mass shooting under common sense, unless there is a political spin to it, to try and excuse one.
              Isn't it the criminal institution that should define what these crimes are?

However, I would like to know the institutions that don't exclude terrorism and gang activity?

Comment

mass shootings, baseball and hot dogs = merica

Comment

that las vegas shooting will haunt me forever. how the fck no motive was ever determined? the sht just happened and... nobody has a fckn clue. the el paso terrorist wrote a whole fckn essay. vegas shooter didn't leave us with sht.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                    It's no problem.

Your definition is very broad, and that's fine. If you want to strictly talk about mass shootings, then sure, include everything. If I kill 4 family members with a gun, you can say there was a mass shooting at my home. You aren't wrong, and that is fine.

But what you are falling for is that the meme is being purposely broad to fit an agenda. This is not the sentiment that most bring up when it comes to this issue, which is why me killing my family members would be excluded from the FBI study. It's more like how Snopes described it:

But gang violence is a problem (with different dimensions and different solutions than other mass shootings--another reason it is often separated), as well as other mass shootings being a problem. What we should be concerned with is the solution to gun violence, not the race of the perpetrator.
                    I think the purpose of the meme was to show that there are mass shootings committed by all groups, but because of different definitions they are excluded, the meme creator used the definition of 4 people shot which some institutions/studies do agree with. Common sense says they are all mass shootings.

In my mind if a gang banger uses a uzi and shoots 50 other gang members at a park, that's a mass shooting. But the FBI and some groups says its not. Or we could use a real case like the Paris massacre of 2015 where 138 people were shot dead with 400+ injured as an example. According to the FBI's definition and some groups that Paris massacre is not a mass shooting, which I vehemently disagree with.

So the question is this, why are some instances excused and others are not? All scenarios involved guns, all scenarios involved mass murder.

Comment

No one cared about semantics until faces were attached

Comment

Working...
                      X