Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am currently in Dubai. Been here for a few days any questions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
    Are there a lot of Western hookers? You hear some wild stories of western celebrities and ones that aren't A-list anymore in the UK and USA going over there being a cum dumpster for rich oil sheik to continue making money for their lifestyle.
    Not that i seen. However I do believe and heard those stories.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Are there hot women?

How is the party scene?

Are there interesting things to do when you're not at work?
      Yes most of them are tourist i assume. The native women are wearing those dresses with the eyes looking out.

I don't know about the party scene.

You must be talking about the navy thing. I am not in the Navy yet. Long process for the officer program.

I am here on my honeymoon.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
        Can you give examples of how the immigrants or foreign workers are being treated?
        Is it in your face maltreatment or hush hush rumors?
        The Filipino guy who cleaned my roomed said other nationalities are payed more and treated better. Which happens anywhere. It just seems like the natives looked down on the workers and see their work as benieth them.

Comment

Originally posted by MinuteMaid5
          how's the music there?
          I know they do have a radio station that plays new pop and rap songs you would hear on the radio in the USA.

TV is good too. It's basically international. Some Indian , some Asian, some American and some British.

Their cultural music to me is not good. No disrespect.

Their shopping is good tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post
            OMG I was thinking about going Dubai NEXT WEEK!! But the weather is putting me off!

Is it really hot? Burning hot? Can you feel it on ur face straight away??

Also how long do u spend outdoors at a time? I’m guessing u can’t spend that long outdoors due to the heat
            Yes it hot outside. It stays hot it's a desert.

Somethimes. Wear shades and a hat. Some people use an umbrella.

4-6 hours outside. Less than 2 hours in direct sun light. Some of the laborers be out there all day.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
              Basic facts.

It was a longggg flight from NYC. 8 hours to Paris. Then 7 hours to UAE.

Most of the population in Dubai are workers from forigen countries.

Mostley Filipinos and Indians.

They are basically treated like dirt.

Conversation rate. $1 AED is $3.57 USD.

I am living like a king out here.

I just brought my wife a new wedding band with diamonds and me a gold chain set.

They have rolexs here mad cheap.

Food is not expensive.

Average condo rent / buy is $7,000 AED a month. $1900 USD

They don't see to many blacks unless they are African workers.

They don't hire to many Americans.

They don't see too many Americans.

Only natural emerates can be citizens here.

Immigrants just have working visas that's it.

Billionaires have perm living vista but not citizenship.

The government does alot of free stuff for the natural citizens nationalies.

Land cruisers are popular here.

Any thing else ask.
              Have a great time bruh and always watch your back in foreign places. Buy a couple Rolex man.

And yuuup. These rich arabs/muslims love the Land Cruiser/LX 570. They go off roading in the desert and anywhere else with these things. Land Cruisers will always be King of SUV. I laugh when i see these white motor companies trying to undermine the LC.

Lincoln Navigators, escalades, benz GLS, and Range Rovers are all sht compared to the Land Cruiser and anybody who knows vehicles would agree.

Buy a couple Rollies bro

Comment

Basic facts.

It was a longggg flight from NYC. 8 hours to Paris. Then 7 hours to UAE.

Most of the population in Dubai are workers from forigen countries.

Mostley Filipinos and Indians.

They are basically treated like dirt.

Conversation rate. $1 AED is $3.57 USD.

I am living like a king out here.

I just brought my wife a new wedding band with diamonds and me a gold chain set.

They have rolexs here mad cheap.

Food is not expensive.

Average condo rent / buy is $7,000 AED a month. $1900 USD

They don't see to many blacks unless they are African workers.

They don't hire to many Americans.

They don't see too many Americans.

Only natural emerates can be citizens here.

Immigrants just have working visas that's it.

Billionaires have perm living vista but not citizenship.

The government does alot of free stuff for the natural citizens nationalies.

Land cruisers are popular here.

Any thing else ask.
                Is it true the natives f.u.c.k. camels?

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                  Have a great time bruh and always watch your back in foreign places. Buy a couple Rolex man.

And yuuup. These rich arabs/muslims love the Land Cruiser/LX 570. They go off roading in the desert and anywhere else with these things. Land Cruisers will always be King of SUV. I laugh when i see these white motor companies trying to undermine the LC.

Lincoln Navigators, escalades, benz GLS, and Range Rovers are all sht compared to the Land Cruiser and anybody who knows vehicles would agree.

Buy a couple Rollies bro
                  How can you compare a Land riser to a Range Rover? The Range Rover is better in every department. Had yiu mentioned the Bentyga or the Culinan maybe we could listen to you.

Comment

Yes it hot outside. It stays hot it's a desert.

Somethimes. Wear shades and a hat. Some people use an umbrella.

4-6 hours outside. Less than 2 hours in direct sun light. Some of the laborers be out there all day.
                    Isn’t it the humidity that kills you rather than the actual sun itself?

Here’s what I was thinking about doing....Wake up, get dressed, tell the hotel staff to order me a taxi, wait for taxi in the hotel, get straight into taxi, go to destination like ski slope, get straight back into a taxi and back to my hotel. So I’m figuring I would spend no more than 2-3 mins at a time outdoors in the heat. Do you think that is feasible?

Comment

I went there back in 2010, didn't think much of it. There was some cool looking buildings which I like as I'm in Civil engineering, and a program on Dubais man made islands was what made me take up that career years ago, and it was all nice and new and shiny but otherwise had this fake, plastic feeling to it, plus it was way too hot to do anything and a beer was about £7.

Comment

Working...
                      X