That doesnt exist

Before you complain about American cops

Look around at how corrupt and criminal cops are around the world first

Then compare

Not even close

The lapd rampart guys are the norm in some countries

Here they are the minority
    Who asked for a perfect police?

We want the bad police gone and the criminal police to be prosecuted.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
      Oh gawd here we go.

Theres white people and Mexican people in the hood. You know this so why you're arguing about it is beyond me. You want to work in Detroit or Chicago and approach a car like you would in a low crime state? No you wouldnt, but you think these cops should for some reason?

You cant see the box the girl walks out with? I mean that's a big box. You cant see the Male stuff stuff in his pants? What do you think hes doing when hes squating down and turning away from the camera?

They committed a crime and fled. No cop in their right mind is going to walk up to the car and ask how their day is going.

So freaking easy to judge cops when you can sit behind a screen and talk about what they did or didn't do. We've all seen the basic stops that go sideways when the perp pulls a gun. Like I said you never know what someone has in their car or what their background is, after all they fled.
      we aren't arguing about anything. You posted high crime areas. High crime areas are disproportionately minority in the United States. This would contradict your point about race.

I didn't post or suggest anything like that. This wasn't Detroit or Chicago, it was Phoenix. You are telling me what I would do and then telling me I expect the cops to do differently when I haven't posted anything of the sort. That is neither fair nor valid.

Yes, the girl clearly takes the doll. As for the man, I am only pointing out the video the cops used as evidence. You are making a conclusion that the cops haven't made yet. I don't think that is right or fair.

The crime allegedly committed is a 4 year old stole a doll. That doesn't warrant guns being drawn. The woman is also pregnant. Yet another thing to consider.

I have yet to judge any of the officers. I posted IMO the response was not proportional to what was alleged. There are different degrees of crime and police are trained to respond to them differently.

Police do have a difficult job. The way they treat people makes that job either easier or harder. The difficulty IMO doesn't give them the right to go overboard like I feel they did here.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        we aren't arguing about anything. You posted high crime areas. High crime areas are disproportionately minority in the United States. This would contradict your point about race.

I didn't post or suggest anything like that. This wasn't Detroit or Chicago, it was Phoenix. You are telling me what I would do and then telling me I expect the cops to do differently when I haven't posted anything of the sort. That is neither fair nor valid.

Yes, the girl clearly takes the doll. As for the man, I am only pointing out the video the cops used as evidence. You are making a conclusion that the cops haven't made yet. I don't think that is right or fair.

The crime allegedly committed is a 4 year old stole a doll. That doesn't warrant guns being drawn. The woman is also pregnant. Yet another thing to consider.

I have yet to judge any of the officers. I posted IMO the response was not proportional to what was alleged. There are different degrees of crime and police are trained to respond to them differently.

Police do have a difficult job. The way they treat people makes that job either easier or harder. The difficulty IMO doesn't give them the right to go overboard like I feel they did here.
        Mar 1, 2018 - The FBI released its 2016 crime statistics for Arizona — and the numbers reveal that Phoenix is the most dangerous city in the Valley.
        We cant talk about this because you want to ignore what really went on. You know what that family was up to.

Now if the cops ran in the store and pulled this I could understand your argument. But thats not what happened. They fled and didnt want to comply. Female? Prego? Kids? I dont care, theres parents that do stupid **** all the time. Kids dont give people breaking the law a pass.

Comment

We cant talk about this because you want to ignore what really went on. You know what that family was up to.

Now if the cops ran in the store and pulled this I could understand your argument. But thats not what happened. They fled and didnt want to comply. Female? Prego? Kids? I dont care, theres parents that do stupid **** all the time. Kids dont give people breaking the law a pass.
          How am I ignoring what went on? I posted they shoplifted. I also pointed out the facts about the video the cops are presented as evidence. I didn't make that up. The store isn't even prosecuting them for shoplifting.

The issue is does what "they were up to" warrant the response from the police. I think it doesn't. You feel it did.

why do you keep saying they fled and didn't want to comply? Nothing indicates that was the case. The patrol car followed them and didn't engage with them until they got home.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.7f30d638c3cc

A police patrol unit followed the couple’s car. Once the family members entered their babysitter’s apartment complex, an officer approached the vehicle with his gun drawn and yanked open the front door, the claim said.

Look at what they said below:

“I’m going to put a cap in your a--,” one officer said to Ames as a second policeman, whose weapon was also drawn and pointed at Ames, walked up to the car, the video shows. “I’m going to shoot you in your f---ing face.”

Both statements, Horne wrote in the claim, were made in front of the couple’s children, who were in the rear of the vehicle.

The first officer — who has not yet been named by the department — pulled Ames, 22, from the car, pushed his head to the pavement, handcuffed him and yelled that Ames better follow orders, according to the claim. The officer threw Ames against the car, ordered him to spread his legs and “kicked him in the right leg so hard that the father collapsed.” Then, the officer dragged him upright and punched him in the back, the claim said.

Once Ames was handcuffed and inside the patrol car, the officers focused their attention on Harper and the children, according to the claim.

The two officers pointed their weapons at the visibly pregnant 24-year-old Harper and her children, the video shows and the claim stated.

"The first officer grabbed the mother and the baby around both of their necks, and tried to take the baby out of the mother’s hand,” the claim alleged. “He told her to put the baby on the ground, which she was unwilling to do because the baby could not walk, and the ground consisted of hot pavement.”

The officer tried to rip Harper’s youngest child from her arms, the claim stated. Eventually he threw Harper, who had handed the children to a bystander, into the police car face first and then handcuffed her.

“I could have shot you in front of your f---ing kids,” he said, according to the claim.

I just don't think this is acceptable treatment. This isn't standard procedure. Compounding this is the officers failed to wear their body cameras as required.

If you think this is acceptable so be it.

Comment

How am I ignoring what went on? I posted they shoplifted. I also pointed out the facts about the video the cops are presented as evidence. I didn't make that up. The store isn't even prosecuting them for shoplifting.

The issue is does what "they were up to" warrant the response from the police. I think it doesn't. You feel it did.

why do you keep saying they fled and didn't want to comply? Nothing indicates that was the case. The patrol car followed them and didn't engage with them until they got home.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.7f30d638c3cc

A police patrol unit followed the couple’s car. Once the family members entered their babysitter’s apartment complex, an officer approached the vehicle with his gun drawn and yanked open the front door, the claim said.

Look at what they said below:

“I’m going to put a cap in your a--,” one officer said to Ames as a second policeman, whose weapon was also drawn and pointed at Ames, walked up to the car, the video shows. “I’m going to shoot you in your f---ing face.”

Both statements, Horne wrote in the claim, were made in front of the couple’s children, who were in the rear of the vehicle.

The first officer — who has not yet been named by the department — pulled Ames, 22, from the car, pushed his head to the pavement, handcuffed him and yelled that Ames better follow orders, according to the claim. The officer threw Ames against the car, ordered him to spread his legs and “kicked him in the right leg so hard that the father collapsed.” Then, the officer dragged him upright and punched him in the back, the claim said.

Once Ames was handcuffed and inside the patrol car, the officers focused their attention on Harper and the children, according to the claim.

The two officers pointed their weapons at the visibly pregnant 24-year-old Harper and her children, the video shows and the claim stated.

"The first officer grabbed the mother and the baby around both of their necks, and tried to take the baby out of the mother’s hand,” the claim alleged. “He told her to put the baby on the ground, which she was unwilling to do because the baby could not walk, and the ground consisted of hot pavement.”

The officer tried to rip Harper’s youngest child from her arms, the claim stated. Eventually he threw Harper, who had handed the children to a bystander, into the police car face first and then handcuffed her.

“I could have shot you in front of your f---ing kids,” he said, according to the claim.

I just don't think this is acceptable treatment. This isn't standard procedure. Compounding this is the officers failed to wear their body cameras as required.

If you think this is acceptable so be it.
            Man just reading that and watching the video is telling. You think what you will or what you're told. If you steal something and leave that fleeing. Just like if you hit a car and leave.
            an officer approached the vehicle with his gun drawn and yanked open the front door, the claim said
            Really is that what happened? Dont bother to respond like you said. If I think its acceptable then so be it.

Comment

Man just reading that and watching the video is telling. You think what you will or what you're told. If you steal something and leave that fleeing. Just like if you hit a car and leave.

Really is that what happened? Dont bother to respond like you said. If I think its acceptable then so be it.
              Fleeing implies they were told to stop. They were followed.

Just don't get why anyone would tolerate this type of treatment. Pointing their guns at children. That isn't how they are trained. You can still support police while acknowledging this response was over the top and wrong.

Comment

Fleeing implies they were told to stop. They were followed.

Just don't get why anyone would tolerate this type of treatment. Pointing their guns at children. That isn't how they are trained. You can still support police while acknowledging this response was over the top and wrong.
                Why do you think they were followed? Do you think he was waiting for backup?

Pointing their guns at children? Aw now the cops were pointing the guns at the children! You've shot a gun before right? If theres a rock next to the target did you point the gun at the rock or target?

Dems LOVE to use children as pawns. Just like the 4 year old was the only one shop lifting lol. Thats what made headlines. I wonder why.

Comment

Why do you think they were followed? Do you think he was waiting for backup?

Pointing their guns at children? Aw now the cops were pointing the guns at the children! You've shot a gun before right? If theres a rock next to the target did you point the gun at the rock or target?

Dems LOVE to use children as pawns. Just like the 4 year old was the only one shop lifting lol. Thats what made headlines. I wonder why.
                  My point is they weren't fleeing as you stated. The children were the target. That is why so many have condemned their actions.

What does this have to do with Dems?

You are giving the cops every benefit of the doubt even though this response is disproportional to the alleged crime. Just terrible that people tolerate this type of behavior from law enforcement so long as it occurs outside of their community.

Comment

My point is they weren't fleeing as you stated. The children were the target. That is why so many have condemned their actions.

What does this have to do with Dems?

You are giving the cops every benefit of the doubt even though this response is disproportional to the alleged crime. Just terrible that people tolerate this type of behavior from law enforcement so long as it occurs outside of their community.
                    The Children were the target? Oh ok Im done you win. I think you said enough for everyone to see.

Comment

The Children were the target? Oh ok Im done you win. I think you said enough for everyone to see.
                      Not about winning dude. I don't know where you got that from.

Decent people from all across the spectrum are condemning these actions because they are not proportional to the alleged crime. I would think this type of behavior from cops would be something we all agree is an issue that needs to be addressed.

I'm looking ow at the people that are not condemning these actions. You all have a lot in common.

I guess as long as it happens outside of your community you will side with the cops. That is unfortunate.
                      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 06-19-2019, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X