No announcement yet.

Officer Pulls Gun on Student Picking Up Trash Outside of Dorm Building

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    I thought we already covered this. The "ID" the man gave seemingly wasn't government issued. The "ID" the man gave failed to have the man's address and DOB.

If I get stopped by a cop, I can't just hand him my library card and expect that to suffice.

Either way, there's an easy way and a hard way
    Have u been to college? I have never been on campus or school owned grounds and been asked to provide a State ID. That's the whole reason for school ID. Come on guys.

I guess it's true. Whites are always on code and will defend there privilege even if in the wrong. I overstand that and stop trying to redeem the slim.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
      What if it's the only ID he has, Glove?

He clearly stated, "How can I give you an ID with my address."

Is it illegal to not have a driver's license? He pulled out his wallet, got out his ID, and handed it over. So now that that failed, what did you want him to do? Take the cop over to the DMV and apply for one there?
      Typically, if you don't have ID, the cop will ask for your SSN and DOB. I believe the officer was asking the gentleman for his DOB. If he doesn't have a government issued ID, I would strongly advise that he get one. If he smokes/Vapes, drinks, goes to a club, sporting event, travels by air, or many other things people do, he's going to need an ID.

It's very simple. If you want to avoid having police pull guns on you, produce an appropriate ID. You sure don't walk away from them, talking sheit, while carrying what can be construed as a weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
        I hope this is satire...
        I know. It's a ****ing joke. U are fuking slime some of the **** u say.

Trashy but I guess what do u expect from boxing scene.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith_tsu View Post
          Have u been to college? I have never been on campus or school owned grounds and been asked to provide a State ID. That's the whole reason for school ID. Come on guys.

I guess it's true. Whites are always on code and will defend there privilege even if in the wrong. I overstand that and stop trying to redeem the slim.
          Why yes I was asked to produce my real ID by Richmond City Police while I was on VCU campus as they were investigating an assault that happened.

Comment

Sorry, but black criminals didn't create a reputation for me. That's not the way this works, and that's what you're not understanding for some reason.

Did white collar criminals create a group such that police should just bust up in offices everywhere and investigate white people for white collar crime? It would be ridiculous, no?

I'm pretty sure that isn't standard procedure. Policing people differently because of the color of their skin can't be justified in a civilized society, dude.
            Legally no you should not be held accountable for the actions of people who merely belong to the same race. From my interactions with you, even though you're a total dork, I don't worry that you're going to randomly rape or kill me.

But in reality where the only thing a total stranger knows about you is which group you belong to and the sort of reputation they cultivate, yes, they do create a reputation for you. Even the most PC/SJW types can't set aside their self-preservation instincts in real life and act differently around groups with higher crime rates.

Are we discussing two separate topics here?

- I would assume we agree that nobody should be jailed or financially penalized based on their race. That is a lose-lose situation for everyone.

- You seem to agree that the police, regardless of race, exhibit some degree of bias against black people.

All I'm doing is noting why that bias exists & that I don't think it will cease to exist unless the underlying cause ceases to exist, which is that the black violent crime rate is factually and significantly higher than other ethnic groups and society can't be expected to "just not notice" no matter what the written law says. People will notice.

You could have cops conscripted from the general population to serve one-years tours of duty and they would still encounter the same environment and develop the same responsive biases.

When you break it down nearly everyone agrees that innocent people shouldn't be punished based on race and nearly everyone wishes the black violent crime rate would decrease.

These shared objectives are muddied up by the "cops vs blacks" narrative, which reverts everyone back into their respective political camps.

Now what's the fix in your opinion? For what I can tell unless the crime rates decrease organically, there is no fix and that bias will remain present no matter how the police are managed.
            Last edited by ////; 06-09-2019, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Why yes I was asked to produce my real ID by Richmond City Police while I was on VCU campus as they were investigating an assault that happened.
              Were u a student attending the college or just up there? Just curious

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith_tsu View Post
                Were u a student attending the college or just up there? Just curious
                I think I was still enrolled there. I believe it was before I was convicted and lost my funding. I would have still had my student ID either way

Comment

Typically, if you don't have ID, the cop will ask for your SSN and DOB. I believe the officer was asking the gentleman for his DOB. If he doesn't have a government issued ID, I would strongly advise that he get one. If he smokes/Vapes, drinks, goes to a club, sporting event, travels by air, or many other things people do, he's going to need an ID.

It's very simple. If you want to avoid having police pull guns on you, produce an appropriate ID. You sure don't walk away from them, talking sheit, while carrying what can be construed as a weapon.
                  lol. Come on, bro. A weapon? Really????? I can't believe you are going this route. Is your hatred for me (I'm guessing you feel some kind of way here since you always seem so tense when we communicate) really making you go so far as to say that can be construed as a weapon. Let's be real here.

Look at the caption. It already said that an independent review by a former US attorney stated he was not in the right for asking for his DOB. He certainly wouldn't have been in the right to ask for his SSN.

I don't know where this happened, but depending on where he may have been required to identify himself (which he did) and provide ID if available..... IFFFFFF there was reasonable suspicion of a crime, which there clearly was NOT here. If so, cops could just walk up to you in your yard and ask for ID based on "a reasonable suspicion that you are trespassing."

You're trying too hard to shift the blame here where it is impossible to do so. Even under your own thoughts about it, he complied by giving his ID. It's very possible that it was his only ID. If that's the only ID he had, then that's what it is, and he did exactly what he was supposed to do, and most likely MORE than he was supposed to do.

Comment

lol. Come on, bro. A weapon? Really????? I can't believe you are going this route. Is your hatred for me (I'm guessing you feel some kind of way here since you always seem so tense when we communicate) really making you go so far as to say that can be construed as a weapon. Let's be real here.

Look at the caption. It already said that an independent review by a former US attorney stated he was not in the right for asking for his DOB. He certainly wouldn't have been in the right to ask for his SSN.

I don't know where this happened, but depending on where he may have been required to identify himself (which he did) and provide ID if available..... IFFFFFF there was reasonable suspicion of a crime, which there clearly was NOT here. If so, cops could just walk up to you in your yard and ask for ID based on "a reasonable suspicion that you are trespassing."

You're trying too hard to shift the blame here where it is impossible to do so. Even under your own thoughts about it, he complied by giving his ID. It's very possible that it was his only ID. If that's the only ID he had, then that's what it is, and he did exactly what he was supposed to do, and most likely MORE than he was supposed to do.
                    Yes, a 3ft long stick can he used as a weapon. A broom handle can be a weapon.

I'm not trying to shift blame, nor am I even trying to attach blame. That's your job to say how wrong whitey is here. All I'm trying to say, is that you can avoid having the police pull guns on you if you carry and produce a proper government issued ID.

That's all. It's really that simple. What turned into a Big Drama Show could have been a 30 second nothing of an interaction.

Cop: Do you have an ID?
                    Man: Sure, here it is, right here. I live right there in that building, unit 6.
                    Cop: Looks like everything checks out. Have a nice day, sir.

Comment

*Black guy gets illegally detained and civil rights violated*

"Libertarians" and "liberty loving white conservatives"

WHAT ABOUT CHICAGO AND BLACK ON BLACK CRIME?!?!?

Just say you think black people are second class citizens and shouldn't be afforded the same rights and protection as whites. I'd have a lot more respect for you if you did. But y'all can't keep it real to save your lives. The realest white guy to ever grace this forum was Freedom. There was no doubt in what he believed and he made it known and didn't try to play games. Kept it 100 at all times

Comment

Working...
                      X