No announcement yet.

Officer Pulls Gun on Student Picking Up Trash Outside of Dorm Building

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    I'm willing to have my right to not have to identify myself infringed upon if it gets the police away from me that much quicker. I'm willing to have my rights infringed upon to lessen the odds of me being falsely arrested, beaten, tased, or shot by police. I'm happy to show them my ID to get them from around me. If they want to take personal freedom, I'll fight. If they want to take freedom of speech, assembly, or religion, I'll fight. I'll fight for the 2nd amendment. The Bill of Rights I'll fight for, the freedom of anonimity isn't worth me fighting for.
    Once again, Glove. Some people are willing to fight for ALL of their rights. If you aren't, so be it. It's your prerogative. I guess it's just not so important to you. The Civil Rights movement didn't tickle your fancy perhaps. I'm certainly not going to give back or let anyone infringe on any of my rights. I'd certainly expect some to relate to this more than others. It's about moving forward, not taking a step backwards. Again, that's just me. You are of course free to give up your rights if you so choose to.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
      Once again, Glove. Some people are willing to fight for ALL of their rights. If you aren't, so be it. It's your prerogative. I guess it's just not so important to you. The Civil Rights movement didn't tickle your fancy perhaps. I'm certainly not going to give back or let anyone infringe on any of my rights. I'd certainly expect some to relate to this more than others. It's about moving forward, not taking a step backwards. Again, that's just me. You are of course free to give up your rights if you so choose to.
      If you're willing to risk your life for your anonimity, that's fine with me. And I'm really not even talking about rights, I'm talking about how to get the police from around you as quickly as possible.

And please don't equate Civil rights with anonimity. Equality is not anonimity

Comment

If you're willing to risk your life for your anonimity, that's fine with me. And I'm really not even talking about rights, I'm talking about how to get the police from around you as quickly as possible.

And please don't equate Civil rights with anonimity. Equality is not anonimity
        lol. Don't equate this to civil rights? You do know what civil rights are, right? The rights of a civilian...? I thought that was the topic.

It's anonymity to you. It's an infringement on rights to me. Someone once said give me liberty or give me death, and it was considered courageous and good. I guess times are changing. Now it's, "Anything you want, sir...just don't take up too much of my time, please."

Again, he accomplished something great. He got a bad cop off the beat. We should salute him. Not many would be as brave as he was.

Comment

• Originally posted by megas30 View Post
          Why didn't he ask the white guy for ID who came out to vouch for the black guy? That white doesn't look like he lives on the building as he looks too old.
          All the white guy had to do was state who he was. Police never checked his credentials. But they're ignoring that part

Comment

lol. Don't equate this to civil rights? You do know what civil rights are, right? The rights of a civilian...? I thought that was the topic.

It's anonymity to you. It's an infringement on rights to me. Someone once said give me liberty or give me death, and it was considered courageous and good. I guess times are changing. Now it's, "Anything you want, sir...just don't take up too much of my time, please."

Again, he accomplished something great. He got a bad cop off the beat. We should salute him. Not many would be as brave as he was.
            I was kinda under the impression that civil rights was about equal rights, not just 'civilian rights'. I don't see anonimity as a civil right. Certainly not one I'm willing to risk my life for.

I don't care anymore. I'm done debating this. You fight for your rights, run the risk of arrest, assualt, being tased or shot to prove a point. Meanwhile, I'm going to hand over my ID and be done with the police in 30 seconds

Comment

I was kinda under the impression that civil rights was about equal rights, not just 'civilian rights'. I don't see anonimity as a civil right. Certainly not one I'm willing to risk my life for.

I don't care anymore. I'm done debating this. You fight for your rights, run the risk of arrest, assualt, being tased or shot to prove a point. Meanwhile, I'm going to hand over my ID and be done with the police in 30 seconds
              Neither does he apparently. That's why he gave his name and ID.

But no problem. In the process I might save your life. Hell, he might have saved your life by getting that weirdo off the street who fears for his life and clutches his gun when he sees trash buckets. Enjoy the benefits of his time sacrifice

Comment

Neither does he apparently. That's why he gave his name and ID.

But no problem. In the process I might save your life. Hell, he might have saved your life by getting that weirdo off the street who fears for his life and clutches his gun when he sees trash buckets. Enjoy the benefits of his time sacrifice
                I just hope you don't get yours taken in the process.

I won't have to worry about mine, because I'm going to produce my ID

Comment

I appreciate the concern. It wouldn't be me getting mine taken, though. Sounds like you're trying to blame me.

It would be a cop who is bad at his job taking my life. But I don't live in fear. What can I say? Some of us are built for it and some of us aren't

Comment

I walk downtown alot.

As a pedestrian, I have the right of way, but if I'm crossing the street and some jerk in a vehicle decides to plow through the crosswalk, I get the hell out of the way and just let them go first.

While it's a fact that legally I'm in the right and they are wrong in those instances, I choose not to end up a hood ornament just to make a stupid point.

I really dont know why you waste any time with that clown, especially after he ducked my challenge once I put firm goalposts down and brought in an impartial judge (you).

Looks like he's suddenly not so quick to argue when he cant simply rely on attrition tactics and anointing himself 'wins'.

Unless I hear otherwise pretty quick, I'll have to take Tomjas up, as he seems primed and ready to go.

I'm pretty sure you'll be putting him on Ignore soon thereafter, but maybe he will surprise me and actually be able to refute that point of mine.....

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                      I walk downtown alot.

As a pedestrian, I have the right of way, but if I'm crossing the street and some jerk in a vehicle decides to plow through the crosswalk, I get the hell out of the way and just let them go first.

While it's a fact that legally I'm in the right and they are wrong in those instances, I choose not to end up a hood ornament just to make a stupid point.

I really dont know why you waste any time with that clown, especially after he ducked my challenge once I put firm goalposts down and brought in an impartial judge (you).

Looks like he's suddenly not so quick to argue when he cant simply rely on attrition tactics and anointing himself 'wins'.

Unless I hear otherwise pretty quick, I'll have to take Tomjas up, as he seems primed and ready to go.

I'm pretty sure you'll be putting him on Ignore soon thereafter, but maybe he will surprise me and actually be able to refute that point of mine.....

What's this you say? A challenge? What challenge?

I have you on ignore simply because you have me on ignore. That's my policy. I don't ignore anyone for fear of their posts, like you do because yous a bltch. I just put people on ignore because if I can't post in their threads, they can't post in mine.

But I see you're saying something about a challenge with Glove as a judge? LMAO. Yea sure. I accept when you accept my long standing challenge for you to produce those emails you claimed I wrote. You know..the lies that got your boy Bobby Deez curb stomped.

You're a cheerleader, son. Remember to stay in your lane and keep those pom poms shaking .

Comment

Working...
                      X