Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want highest salaries and disposable income? Move to frisco.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    why can't it be both?

high concentration of idea creation, and financing / entrepreneurship. high concentration of the talent you need to execute these things.

billionaires
    an "executive class" of not billionaires, but damn wealthy people without any real need for a daily paycheck
    rich middle class [who SPEND]
    surrounding suburbs and urban areas where people in service and labor positions live and commute.
    and bums

AAAND bums

ok? get it now 1bad? you see panhandling in some of the nicest parts of cities. those are the people with disposable money. you don't panhandle in a bum**** red state with a stick of gum for a minumum wage. you probably make more panhandling in penn station than you do working minimum wage in idaho.

california also has a desirable climate and and people travel there to be homeless, for a lack of a better way to describe it. being homeless in boston can be deadly in the winter. low for the year was -2 in the city. probably -5 or -10 outside of it. the bay and the pacific keeps california relatively moderate in the winter. lows in the bay area are probably almost never below freezing. you can spend the night outside in that weather. -10 and you might not wake up. so you ahve homeless people.
    1) Well this is just common sense. Of course homeless people will want to panhandle in areas where people can afford to help them.

It's also a numbers game. Panhandling on the NYC subway probably doesn't work much more per capita than it does in other areas, but you will come across such a high number of people you're bound to find some people willing to help.

2) Hadn't thought about it but yeah, being homeless in the bay area would be relatively tenable given the moderate climate most of the year.

Comment

San Francisco’s homeless population is skyrocketing
      https://nypost.com/2019/05/17/san-fr...-skyrocketing/

SF housing crunch sending some residents to live on boats
      https://nypost.com/2019/05/17/sf-hou...live-on-boats/

Just Bus them out I guess.
      San Francisco has bussed out over 10,000 people. In other words, the city’s homeless population would be over twice as big today, if they hadn’t taken the city up on a bus trip.
      https://www.kalw.org/post/hey-area-t...ogram#stream/0

Comment

Originally posted by JJRod View Post
        He’s either lying or being willfully ignorant about the real situation.
        SF has become unlivable for people with families. Never mind the homeless, the drug use and the poop, the people living there live in boats, garages or share an apartment with a whole bunch of people. Anyone with a kid or two has to commute far from the city to be able to raise their family, without living with another one.

How can anyone consider that a better situation to live in than places like Dallas, Houston or any city in Arizona?
        Dude the bay is one of the most densely populated areas in the world. Are you saying on single people living in garages are in the bay. Come on man.

There are literally millions of families living in the Bay Area.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          He's lying, just as he's lied about being a lawyer.

I disproved that when I had to correct him on case law twice in one thread. (I'm a college dropout fyi, and wasnt even majoring in Law).

I'll be happy to dredge up that thread, on one condition. You agree to put him on permanent Ignore for lying if you read the thread and agree that he was nailed lying.....

Please take my offer up.

As I've said countless times:

Team loyalty > everything else

Him being a rabid Team D superfan, that explains it all.
          No body believes you man. I offered you my credentials via pm and you ignored me. Probably cause you already new. I pm’e enough members here to look me up. Your the only one left calling me a lier. And it’s not because what you believe it because you like to lie. So keep milking cows in rural Texas man. No one cares what you think least of all me. It doesn’t matter what my profession is. You asked I answered. Two years later I’m still a lier and always will be to you.

One thing is certain you can never win an argument with me. I prove you wrong every single time. Along with everyone one else in the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            He's lying, just as he's lied about being a lawyer.

I disproved that when I had to correct him on case law twice in one thread. (I'm a college dropout fyi, and wasnt even majoring in Law).

I'll be happy to dredge up that thread, on one condition. You agree to put him on permanent Ignore for lying if you read the thread and agree that he was nailed lying.....

Please take my offer up.

As I've said countless times:

Team loyalty > everything else

Him being a rabid Team D superfan, that explains it all.
            You correct me?? Lol when. Point me in the direction. And I’ll sh it down yiur throat again.

Comment

Why do regions with extreme financial regulation and "forced equality measures"... Inevitably end up with the largest income gaps roughly a generation later?

Could it be that the people who design those "equality measures" are greedy humans, and that by voting them into law, all you did was elevate their power from extreme to absolute?

"Hey in the name of global income equality I'm gonna import 20,000 software engineers for 1/3rd what we'd pay domestic equivalents."

Zombies: Yeah! EQUALITY! JUSTICE!

"Then also in the name of global income equality we politically connected millionaire families are going to enact policies to tax our small and medium sized competition out of this city! Their owners are in the 1%!"

Zombies: WOOOHOOO

"After this city has been liberated from the upper middle class, everyone gets a free Coleman tent to live in!"

Zombies: YEAHHHHHHHHH!!
              Last edited by ////; 05-21-2019, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                Why do regions with extreme financial regulation and "forced equality measures"... Inevitably end up with the largest income gaps roughly a generation later?

Could it be that the people who design those "equality measures" are greedy humans, and that by voting them into law, all you did was elevate their power from extreme to absolute?
                When you "spread the wealth around", those in charge of the spreading always end up very, very rich.

Comment

San Francisco is gayer than the front row at a Cher concert

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                    Dude the bay is one of the most densely populated areas in the world. Are you saying on single people living in garages are in the bay. Come on man.

There are literally millions of families living in the Bay Area.
                    Yes because many of those families literally lived there before the tech explosion . Back when their homes were reasonable. I’m talking today. Today SF is out of reach for most families, even high earning families. Those who move to the Bay Area find they have to move far from the city to buy a decent home and commute to the actual city for work. Those that live in the city centre can’t afford the homes there and often rent out garages, apartments literally smaller than my master bedroom, or share the home with other families.

As I said previously what’s great about a city where I earn a high wage and still live like a poor person?
                    Last edited by JJRod; 05-21-2019, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JJRod View Post
                      Yes because many I’d those families literally lived there before the tech explosion . Back when their homes were reasonable. I’m talking today. Today SF is out of reach for most families even high earning families. Those who move to the Bay Area find they have to move far from the city to buy a decent home and commute to the actual city for work. Those that live in the city centre can’t afford the homes there and often rent out garages, apartments literally smaller than my master bedroom, or share the home with other families.

As I said previously what’s great about a city where I earn a high wage and still live like a poor person?
                      Sounds just like NY City.

Comment

Working...
                      X