Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wrestler dies in the ring, ref completely clueless

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He just collapsed after a fairly hard match and a bit of yelling. Wrestling might seem silly but the wear and tear on the body is real. King was unresponsive and immobile - so what? To the ref and co. he might have been suffering from cramps, a headache, or simple exhaustion. So he goes down and acts like hes dead so the others can pin him.

In the heat of the moment, very few will have the instinct to break kayfabe and physically check on another wrestler. Seems like a lot of hindsight screeching backed up by the absurd celebratory dances over pinning a dead man. Looks terrible, but I cant blame anyone

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      In the Wrestling world there is Wrasslin and Wrestling. And a Wrassler does set matches, I believe they do occasionally go at it hammer and tongs, etc. So that is not a good analogy.

The skill in the sport involves the choreography, the plot lines maintained, etc.
      Three letters.....FAF, with a nice bouncy, shock absorbent mat to be fake on. The ref and the other guy thought RIP went off script.

Comment

why the hell did it take so long before anyone came to check on him???

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          This video is shows how disgusting this is. He clearly lets the other wrestler know there's something wrong. He can't get up and collapses.

tragic but you have to think about this for a sec... wrestling is fake, so the other guy is prolly thinking the guy on the guy is just playing like he's hurt (which is what he was suppose to do anyways).. the ref is an idiot though.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
            Can't blame anyone since wrestling is all acting. Maybe they thought dude was putting up some Oscar worthy performance.

Seems like dude was beyond help once he went down.

RIP
            this right here!! i cant really blame the opponent, but the ref though. i think the ref should have known better when dude continue to lay flat on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
              tragic but you have to think about this for a sec... wrestling is fake, so the other guy is prolly thinking the guy on the guy is just playing like he's hurt (which is what he was suppose to do anyways).. the ref is an idiot though.
              They already know the ending before they step in the ring and the wrestlers communicate while in the ring. The wrestler knew there was something wrong which is why he shrugs his shoulders when he tries to turn him over.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                They already know the ending before they step in the ring and the wrestlers communicate while in the ring. The wrestler knew there was something wrong which is why he shrugs his shoulders when he tries to turn him over.
                he's prolly just thinking the guy on the ground is acting or maybe he thought the guy on the ground is just tired or something and that's why he shrugged his shoulders prolly thinking like "ok, i guess so".. unless there was some communication before that which we cant hear.

Comment

It's a tragedy, but to back up the ref (and to a lesser extent, Juvi) a little bit

A) pretending you're hurt when you're really fine is a big part of wrestling
                  B) his face is largely obscured by the mask so it's harder to see the signs that he's "really" hurt rather than playing.
                  C) It wasn't like he took some big bump where you'd expect him to get hurt. He did something pretty basic, looked like a flying clothesline.
                  D) I don't know this for sure but a lot of the Mexican wrestlers who came to WCW, didn't succeed because they couldn't speak much English. Even if he was hurt, if he's talking Spanish and the Refs talking English, it complicates matters. Juvi could have stepped up a bit here as he does speak English to a reasonable degree, and looking after your opponent is one of the most important things in wrestling. I'd have though an experienced wrestler like him would see the signs somethings wrong more than a small time British ref who's probably never done it as a full time job.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                    Three letters.....FAF, with a nice bouncy, shock absorbent mat to be fake on. The ref and the other guy thought RIP went off script.
                    Curtis Curtis Curtis, let me just say that I would fight with my last breath for your right to post such ignorance and misinformation. God bless America

Comment

man some of yall make me sick.. you just watched a video of a man dying in a ring abd all you care about is pointing out that wrestling is fake smh

thats not even trolling thats just being dumb af thanks captain obvious

Comment

Working...
                      X