No announcement yet.

Reparations time. Pay what you owe!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
    Can you enlighten us on the diff between endenturd servitude vs enslavement.

See, I’m like owed obey thrice over. My g g mothers name was Angelita Jackson, and she got to Tex and married my ancestor, xxxx seanz caceres... unlike most folk. I put my familia up front for critique and review. Now, I am the only son to an oldest son... I am boss of all boss’. In my family. My word... is kinda important....

Well one was a contract for a specific period of time and had no ramifications on your descendants, while the other was for life and meant your children were born enslaved as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
      Shut up already, dummy. You already admit to exactly what I wanted. I would teach you some more, dumbo, but you're far too stupid.
      - -Yup, Gummybear tuffy beating that dead reparations horse whilst bleating for alms in his soiled diapers.

#datbeeU

Comment

Well one was a contract for a specific period of time and had no ramifications on your descendants, while the other was for life and meant your children were born enslaved as well.
        - -U bee slave?

Dat plains it.

Comment

Apportioning blame and damages for this (bold)is the most difficult part of the discussion. I struggle with the how’s, ex. how can any formulaic construct adequately and equitably compensate he people whose ancestors were slaves.

I have the blood of at least one ex slave in my lineage. More if you factor in my jewish ancestors. I’m a Spanish/Mexican Jew, we got kicked outta Spain and no country wanted us. I don’t know who to blame.....

I got too much to say, to share, to learn..

I’m kinda on both sides of this issue. I can try to put myself ....... f it ....

Brother... I can’t type as fast as I think... I have I’ll or nothing new to add. I’ll try to list in as cold a manner as possible. Here’s an example that just came to mind..

India: what does Britain owe??
          Pakistan: see above
          Japan: what are Ainu owed.
          Japan: Rikyu islands( what are okinawan’s owed
          USA: native Americans, Pacific Islanders, slavess, people displaced by slave labor(*******s) Mexico, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Irish, Chinese,

I could go on and on, but where can a value/line e drawn. when can any reparations repair anything.

I’m not attacking you brother,, all men are my brothers. But, I see no end to reparations. None.

Who can compensate children who were never born because of genocide or other catastrophe that impacted them.

I’ll end with this... I used to think .....’if honky wasn’t holding me back I’d do.... or I’d be... “

This mindset was my crutch, my life preserver, which allowed me the ability to excuse myself etc... I hated seeing Asian, or other people come up, and move outta my hood. They helped themselves...

Comment

[/B]
            Apportioning blame and damages for this (bold)is the most difficult part of the discussion. I struggle with the how’s, ex. how can any formulaic construct adequately and equitably compensate he people whose ancestors were slaves.
            First let me start by saying, I don't speak for Trav. I'm sure he has his own philosophy of ideas to answer this question that are more than worthy.

If you don't mind, my take on the matter is It is important to note that ancestry, ethnicity, identity, and race are complex labels that result both from visible traits, such as skin color, and from cultural, economic, geographical, and social factors

I would say you would have to have documents proving that you have been classified, identify or living as an African American since xyz. If said person has been living as an African American for {set a time frame}, I would say yes, they can be classified as such.

Also, I think there should be a range in shaded skin color... What that range is? Give me time and I can provide shades.

There should be a certain range in African American DNA variability using High density genotype data, etc.

There are ways to set standards/criteria and get this thing sorted out

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
              First let me start by saying, I don't speak for Trav. I'm sure he has his own philosophy of ideas to answer this question that are more than worthy.

If you don't mind, my take on the matter is It is important to note that ancestry, ethnicity, identity, and race are complex labels that result both from visible traits, such as skin color, and from cultural, economic, geographical, and social factors

I would say you would have to have documents proving that you have been classified, identify or living as an African American since xyz. If said person has been living as an African American for {set a time frame}, I would say yes, they can be classified as such.

Also, I think there should be a range in shaded skin color... What that range is? Give me time and I can provide shades.

There should be a certain range in African American DNA variability using High density genotype data, etc.

There are ways to set standards/criteria and get this thing sorted out

My ancestor was a slave, and I can probably verify it. I am olive incompletion, but my sisters. A dark, same mother and father.

I don’t mind anyone adding real input into this discussion.
              Btw, there are/exist light skinned Africans. So, I don’t think color can be an objective means to differentiate or apportion damages.

Comment

My ancestor was a slave, and I can probably verify it. I am olive incompletion, but my sisters. A dark, same mother and father.

I don’t mind anyone adding real input into this discussion.
                Btw, there are/exist light skinned Africans. So, I don’t think color can be an objective means to differentiate or apportion damages.
                You, yourself, have described yourself as a white Jew.

The question at hand is can anyone hoping to receive reparations "prove" that they have been living as an African American their whole life.

Despite you supposedly having an ancestor that was a slave, I'm pretty sure you've identified yourself as a white Jew/Mexican, so I'm not sure how someone like yourself would receive reparations for being black. Most would call that hopping on the bandwagon.

And I think color can most definitely be an objective means. African Americans range from the shade of Roy Jones Jr to Deontay Wilder. Identifying as AA should not only go with what your real skin complexion is, but cultural, economic, social factors and African American DNA high density genotype data should be applied as well.

One should have to meet a high percentage of the aforementioned requirements to receive reparations. If not, we'll just have everyone trying to hop on the bandwagon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                  You, yourself, have described yourself as a white Jew.

The question at hand is can anyone hoping to receive reparations "prove" that they have been living as an African American their whole life.

Despite you supposedly having an ancestor that was a slave, I'm pretty sure you've identified yourself as a white Jew/Mexican, so I'm not sure how someone like yourself would receive reparations for being black. Most would call that hopping on the bandwagon.

And I think color can most definitely be an objective means. African Americans range from the shade of Roy Jones Jr to Deontay Wilder. Identifying as AA should not only go with what your real skin complexion is, but cultural, economic, social factors and African American DNA high density genotype data should be applied as well.

One should have to meet a high percentage of the aforementioned requirements to receive reparations. If not, we'll just have everyone trying to hop on the bandwagon.
                  I’m a Mexican Jew... Jews come in all colors. I got cousins who look black, but get mad if and when people masterly believe they are black.

This issue is tough... how should Liberians be compensated.?
                  Last edited by Zaroku; 05-24-2019, 06:59 AM.

Comment

I’m a Mexican Jew... Jews come in all colors. I got cousins who look black, but get mad if and when people masterly believe they are black.

This issue is tough
                    This is exactly my point.

It's really not tough at all. There needs to be "requirements". Of those requirements, one would have to meet a certain high percentage in order to be classified as African American.

A Jew with supposed dark skin just can't walk up and say "Hey, I'm African American", especially when they lived their whole life clearly not identifying as an African American, nor do they meet any of the other additional criteria.

Lol everyone would start wanting to be black all of a sudden until they're pulled over by the cops

Comment

This issue is tough... how should Liberians be compensated.?
                      Weren't Liberians originally African Americans who moved to Liberia in the early to mid 1900's?

You have to go back to the list of criteria I laid out for you and ask the question how would they apply?

If they've been living in Liberia their whole life, to me, they would be Liberian with African American descent.

Remember I spoke about cultural, geographic, economic and social factors as my original criteria/requirements? Immediately, a few disqualifying factors jump out to me. But then again, we would have to calculate what percentage of the criteria they meet. Are they US citizens for starters?
                      Last edited by Chollo Vista; 05-24-2019, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X