No announcement yet.

Reparations time. Pay what you owe!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FreebirdSlick View Post
    less than 1 percent of white people owned slaves. irish were also slaves in america
    In slave holding states, the number was actually around 25% that owned slaves.

And that the Irish were slaves in America is FALSE. They were indentured servants, which is very different. Their servitude was accomplished by contract, usually that ceased after 7 years. Slavery wasn't a contract.

It has been acknowledge that the whole "The Irish Were Slaves" myth has been used merely to downplay the enslavement of Africans in America.

There is an entire New York Times article about this myth, as well as an open letter from 82 Irish scholars who are calling on certain entity to stop putting out this false narrative. Here is the beginning of the Times article, where the open letter is referenced.

Debunking a Myth: The Irish Were Not Slaves, Too

It has shown up on Irish trivia Facebook pages, in Scientific American magazine, and on white nationalist message boards: the little-known story of the Irish slaves who built America, who are sometimes said to have outnumbered and been treated worse than slaves from Africa.

But it’s not true.

Historians say the idea of Irish slaves is based on a misreading of history and that the distortion is often politically motivated. Far-right memes have taken off online and are used as racist barbs against African-Americans. “The Irish were slaves, too,” the memes often say. “We got over it, so why can’t you?”

A small group of Irish and American scholars has spent years pushing back on the false history. In 2016, 82 Irish scholars and writers signed an open letter denouncing the Irish slave myth and asking publications to stop mentioning it. Some complied, removing or revising articles that referenced the false claims, but the letter’s impact was limited.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/17/u...aves-myth.html

Comment

• Originally posted by FreebirdSlick View Post
      less than 1 percent of white people owned slaves. irish were also slaves in america
      I doubt your right. But even if you are, so what if 1 percent owned slaves. Most white in the south supported and benefited from it. Hell the south fought a bitter civil war to protect the institution. 600,000 died. Even in defeat the southern whites adopted laws and cultures to keep blacks as literally second class citizen. Those Fuking pricks still keep southern blacks in poverty.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post

And that the Irish were slaves in America is FALSE. They were indentured servants, which is very different. Their servitude was accomplished by contract, usually that ceased after 7 years. Slavery wasn't a contract.

It has been acknowledge that the whole "The Irish Were Slaves" myth has been used merely to downplay the enslavement of Africans in America.

There is an entire New York Times article about this myth, as well as an open letter from 82 Irish scholars who are calling on certain entity to stop putting out this false narrative. Here is the beginning of the Times article, where the open letter is referenced.
        Good post. Irish were scapegoated In New York and regulated to second class citizens and kept in ghetttos. That lasted for a bit until it turned on to colored people and Jews. Never were Irish enslaved. I got a laugh at that.

Comment

• - -Earliest American settlers into Texas that owned slaves were forbidden to own slaves by the nascent Mexican gvt.

Easy enough, just create an indentured contract that the slave puts his X on and problem solved, so Texas didn't have any slaves, right?

Modern indentured servitude exists most blatantly with college student loans that loom ***UNPAID*** over too many of them for the rest of their lives.

The fact that some get all sniffy with arbitrary definitions of slavery and ignore the new undocumented slavery right in front of their sniffy holier than thou snifters pretty much describes the moral bankruptcy of this Barney generation.

Like I say, Africa is a humongously untapped country full of wealth for the taking and the origins of all slavery and most esp the black slavery today's reparations reprobates are moaning about.

Either repeal the 14th amendment that prevents remuneration for emancipation or man up to your masters in Africa.

Even Barney would at least give em a hug!

Comment

This was the ONLY thing you've said regarding my question. Thank you for bowing down you brainless buffoon

They were also in the mix before 1808 you moron
            - -Yup, you too dumbo to know Harry was an early vegetarian and faster, but of course just like you, infants soil themselves shamelessly and then cry about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              This video is hilarious. Time to pay up white folks!!

- -Yup, you sucked in a Category 5 Katrina with that.

You still hunkered with Ms Katrina?

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                - -Yup, you sucked in a Category 5 Katrina with that.

You still hunkered with Ms Katrina?
                What about Jew or chihuahua reparations.... jhonny wants his kut of money..... claims he’s blacker than black, etc... needs his monies ....

Comment

Can you enlighten us on the diff between endenturd servitude vs enslavement.

See, I’m like owed obey thrice over. My g g mothers name was Angelita Jackson, and she got to Tex and married my ancestor, xxxx seanz caceres... unlike most folk. I put my familia up front for critique and review. Now, I am the only son to an oldest son... I am boss of all boss’. In my family. My word... is kinda important....

Comment

• blacks are lucky they were sold by blacks to jews who brought them here. so they transport sale and ownershop of the black slave were not done by a whiteman.

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                      - -Yup, you too dumbo to know Harry was an early vegetarian and faster, but of course just like you, infants soil themselves shamelessly and then cry about it.
                      Shut up already, dummy. You already admit to exactly what I wanted. I would teach you some more, dumbo, but you're far too stupid.

Comment

Working...
                      X