No announcement yet.

Reparations time. Pay what you owe!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
    If you were even allowed to have children.
    Great point!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
      Had their indentured servants do more dangerous work?

Can you speak towards this dangerous work?

Did they not pay for these services?

What happen if these servants refused this dangerous work?
      lol. I love how he just rambled what he had and then ran for the hills

I guess that means you've proven your point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post

I would recommend you learn the English language, then come debate.
        - -Suggest a couple courses on logic for you with a worldwide timeline slavery chart.

You could be a contender!

Comment

• the bible says that the White race are Gods dna children and america is the new jer usa lem. we are permitted to have slaves of other races per Gods word in the bible.

Comment

• - -Dumb---

Comment

• A little food for thought...

Slavery is one of the most horrible injustices. It posed such a moral dilemma at our 1787 Constitutional Convention that it threatened to scuttle the attempt to create a union between the 13 colonies.

Let's look at some of the debate. George Washington, in a letter to Pennsylvania delegate Robert Morris, wrote, "There is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do, to see a plan adopted for the abolition of it." In a Constitutional Convention speech, James Madison said, "We have seen the mere distinction of color made in the most enlightened period of time, a ground of the most oppressive dominion ever exercised by man over man." In James Madison's records of the Convention he wrote, "(The Convention) thought it wrong to admit in the Constitution the idea that there could be property in men."
              John Jay, in a letter to R. Lushington: "It is much to be wished that slavery may be abolished. The honour of the States, as well as justice and humanity, in my opinion, loudly call upon them to emancipate these unhappy people. To contend for our own liberty, and to deny that blessing to others, involves an inconsistency not to be excused." Patrick Henry said, "I believe a time will come when an opportunity will be offered to abolish this lamentable evil." George Mason said, "The augmentation of slaves weakens the states; and such a trade is diabolical in itself, and disgraceful to mankind."

Northern delegates to the Convention, and others who opposed slavery, wanted to count only free people of each state to determine representation in the House of Representatives and the Electoral College. Southern delegates wanted to count slaves just as any other person.

Read more at http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/wi...wDRr4gOYQlQ.99

http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/williams052919.php3

Comment

• siablo14
                Last edited by BostonGuy; 06-13-2019, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post

Danny Glover?! They should at least have Morgan Freeman testify.

He's so old he could provide eyewitness testimony

Comment

siablo14
                    Have you read the Coates article i shared with you?

Comment

siablo14
                      Don't know what my people in America are up to but my people in the Caribbean have been researching and have come up with some new info.

The Press conference was called by the Centre for Reparation Research (CRR) at the UWI to share with the Caribbean public, findings from the 2018 expanded Slave Voyages Database created by Prof David Eltis and his team of researchers. This database 2.0 created in 1999 and updated in 2008 and 2018, has revealed 1,000 additional voyages undertaken by slavers from European states that were participants in one form or another in the trade in Africans to CARICOM member states and Cuba and or slavery. Among the less-publicised names are Sweden, Switzerland, Russia, Norway Hanse Towns Brandenburg and the Duchy of Courland (Latvia)
                      Dr Reid’s presentation also identified the major players and their percentage participation in the trans-Atlantic trade in enslaved Africans; the total number of Africans that were captured and transported – numbering some 12.5 million and the mortality rate which, he said, was an average of 14%. Included in the expanded database are the names of over 92,000 Africans who were actually trafficked, identifying them by sex but more shockingly by ages that ranged from infants as young as a year old to men as old as 77 being captured, sold and relocated far away from their homeland. As Prof Shepherd reiterated, these names not only represent a digital memorial to the lives of the enslaved but personalizes the crime against humanity.
                      Among the recently revealed ‘less well-known countries’ highlighted in Dr Reid’s presentation, Russia came in for special attention. The records show an 1838 voyage by the vessel Goliubchick, flying the Russian flag departing the port of Odessa and landing in Matanzas, Cuba that same year with a cargo of 306 Africans who had survived the voyage from the original 340 who boarded.
                      Responding to the question of what was the next move and how these findings would be used, Prof Shepherd said the findings not only strengthens the case that CARICOM is building against involved and complicit States but also holds them accountable and makes them aware of their responsibility in ways they would never before have confronted. The new findings also enhance the CARICOM Reparations Commission’s work in carrying out the mandate given to it in 2013 by the Heads of Government of CARICOM Member States. In this regard, the Commission was in the process of writing a new round of letters of demand to be issued to complicit States including the new ones identified in the expanded database.
                      https://dominicanewsonline.com/news/...r-reparations/

Red - That's action, not a bag of mouth!

Professor Verene Shepherd. i listen to her show every Saturday mornings. Even called her show and answered a question and won a book.

BG, this might be a joke to you but we take it serious. The research is active so surely more hidden info will be unearthed.
                      Last edited by siablo14; 06-13-2019, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X